Brewdog logo
Brewdog

Brewdog Employee Reviews

2.9
Work-life balance

Great to get your CV ready for the industry

If you want a job in the beer industry, working with Brewdog is a double edged sword. You get great training from day one (in retail, not sure how this is managed in HQ or Production/Warehouse) and are given the opportunity to get your Cicerone Certified Beer Server certificate within 3 months. I was lucky I was in a bar that was busy and the manager, at the time, was invested in her staff's progression (can not say the same for the manager that took over later). But, Brewdog have a reputation in the craft beer industry and there will be eye rolls when you say you work for Brewdog. But if you are willing to over look this and some of there awful marketing stunts that have no thought for the retail teams who actually have to implement them, then its a great company to get that initial experience on your CV. Plenty of room to grow, especially in London as there is an over saturation of bars, but can not say in other parts of the country.

Pros

Bar team bonus, discounts, good training, qualifications, free beer, events work

Cons

Too many other Brewdog bars, moving away from ethos, management are not looked after well

Warehouse operative

Worked here with blue arrow what a company to work for loved every minute from bar picks to loading vehicles to booking stock in building never a dull day in brewdog all the staff management are one best teams

Pros

Paid every hour in building

Cons

Stressful

Worst experience

They screwed me for being a foreigner, they took months and months to register me with revenue and in the meantime they lied to my face. On the pay slips you had to keep an eye on the hours, because they always paid you less. Over time I met more people who suffered the same thing. I do not recommend it.

Good place to get into

Great group of people to work with. Never the same thing from day to day. Always on the move and having to think outside the box to solve things. Good workout from always moving around.

stress and poor management

terrible, worked there few years as a brewer: you will find that management is allowed as many screw ups was they want which you will have to spot and fix while they take double what you get without any shift and get promoted.running over 10. miles per day is standard and you are expected to rush.toxic culture of lies and poor products: need a new beer? food flavoring, advertising several products with a specific ingredients? let's put a few grams in it or none at all.every department is understaffed so you are expected to do the job of several people whilst no one really knows what half of management doesthere is no progression whatsoever , you have to push for month to get a promotion that won't even raise your salary and you definitely feel underpaid, especially once you realize some take 18 times your salary and untaxed bonuses which are equivalent to your yearly pay.

Pros

production team is fun, friendly people

Cons

there should be a book about cons

Fun and reasonable

I loved working at brewdog. It took me a minute to warm up. They were friendly everyone introduced themselves as soon as I walked in. They were understanding. When I worked there I was 6 months pregnant so they understood doctor as appointment, sick days and more. They gave food and they checked on your they also made it a safe and clean work space. I had one coworker who didn’t like me and would harass me and be rude and immediately the manager spoke to him and cleared the air. No problems since. There laughs and smiles andThey take care of there crew

Pros

Food, crew members

Cons

Very busy

Milton Keynes

I am specifically talking about the MK branch within this review.Overall, it was mostly a pleasure to work there. My main concern was with management. I joined the team, a few months prior to the GM going on maternity leave. I had initially heard stories from my colleagues that she could be quite lazy with managerial duties and sometimes non-existent on site. She did show these "qualities" just before leaving. As if she knew she wouldn't have to deal with the issues for much longer, so she basically gave up caring.Eventually she returned after we had a great run with a very hard working cover GM. Everything, almost immediately went to S*it again. A lot of people became tense and we started losing our good stats within the company.

Pros

Beer education, Free beer after shift

Cons

Some long hours, management not caring

Yikes

Their production team is cool. So is the front of the house. However the business office upstairs can't be trusted. Look at the high turnover in CEOs. That speaks for itself.

Pros

Can bring your dog. One free drink a day

Cons

Freaking management

Do not work for Brewdog USA

Do not work here! They will under pay and under appreciate you! Horrible management. They don’t let people take breaks. Even on doubles. If you do work there. Be prepared for management to try to destroy you mentally. They will pay you 10/hr to do job that you should be making 30/hr to do.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management

Amazing place to work

I absolutely loved working at Brewdog and I was gutted to leave as I was moving back home. Such a great work environment and amazing people to work with. There is definitely a lot of room for advancement on the company from just working as bar/waitress. I really enjoyed learning about the company and the products they produced. I felt well looked after and they were flexible with things like university timetable and there was a good balance with work and social life. If I was ever given the opportunity to return to the company then I definitely would.

Pros

Salary, management, work environment and customers.

Cons

It’s a very fast paced environment when busy which is often so you have to be prepared for this

You have to live for the brand

Everyone working at Brew Dog was very dedicated to their job. If you're working part-time, this can be a bit overwhelming. I was never taught any of their Beer products and I often had to ask customers three or four times what they want as the names are so long and complicated. None of the staff took me seriously, which is why they kept blaming me for things that even turned out not to have happened. They behaved as if they own the place

Pros

Free Beer after shift, good salary

Cons

disorganised system, too many apps and chats I couldn't keep track with

Not as 'cool' as everyone thinks.

Working at BrewDog can be fun. It has a good culture and if you are into craft beer you will probably love working there. The cons are that the management will never listen to you in any way - although they will pretend to. There is also very little scope for progression within the company so no point in getting in at the bottom of the ladder unless you want to stay there.

Pros

Free beer.

Cons

Dictatorship.

Fast paced and rewarding

I joined brewdog from a totally different industry and it is very fast paced but I love that, there's good benefits and if you show interest and passion there is plenty to keep you interested. They've been really good throughout this corona virus pandemic too!

Was Good

Really enjoyed it but the manager cut my hours as I was to expensive so I had no choice but to look for employment else where but if I was could be give my old hours I would go back

Great Beer- thats it

No Support.. Really BAAAD management..no communication, no staff ( not allowed to hire) No bonuses.. no life/work balance, no thank you, working 20 hours shifts,

Fun social place to work

I enjoyed working for Brewdog and I made many friends during my time there. The work was fast paced and challenging but good teamwork meant that it went smoothly.

Good place to work for

Brewdog was extremely workable with my schedule, I have an 11 year old who I only see every other weekend. Job is extremely fast paced, and would get overwhelming at times but management was usually there to help.

Do not work here

This company full of lies and deceit. As someone who worked there from the beginning I can assure you that you will not be compensated for your hard work accordingly. There were times that my paychecks were messed up for weeks. The management team lies to the staff constantly and HR keeps one of the GM’s employed even after he physically abuses and verbally abuses his employees. Do not waste your time at this job.

Fun and hard work

Great company. kitchen is hard work and fast paced with no breaks. Some supportive staff which helps on a 13 hour shift but don't expect it all the time.

Awful

You’re just a number here. If management doesn’t like you they will find a way to get rid of you. Also don’t think about cutting hours back, they will fire you for that too. Worst place I’ve ever worked and $10 an hour doesn’t pay the bills. Full of empty promises and a bag of lies.

fantastic company

Fantastic Company - Loved working there but needed more hours! which weren't available at that time great bunch of folk to work for all friendly and helpful!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brewdog. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement