Brian James Trailers Ltd

Brian James Trailers Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

Insights into Brian James Trailers Ltd

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Wasn't bad

Worked there for a month and quite enjoyed it. Great bunch of lads on assembly everyone is friendly and helpful. Bit of a lack of Training which means it takes a while to get to grips with it. I haven't really got many bad things to say about the place, apart from 2 15min breaks is a bit rubbish in my opinion by the time I've made a coffee it was time to go back out unbelievable. And the fact there's no possibility To go back at a later date after doing a good job and leaving on good terms with them is a bit of an insult in my opinion.

Pros

Secure job

Cons

Breaks, salary, lack of training

Absolutely awful

Didn't had a good experience working there.The management have the feeling like they are gods and treat you like you are nothing.You have 2 short 15 minutes brakes in a 10 hour shift. They buy you with bonuses and whatever, we'll is not going to happen if you get a doctor appointment because you hurt your back or knees due to the heavy lifting that is your daily routine.Anyway I'll never work again for this company even if they will over me 100.000 a month. Is such a toxic environment....

Pros

Cons

No car park, No cantin, Short unpaid breaks

Never ever

Worst place to work on they are friendly at the beginning and at the interview they promise you good money and after it’s not worthy you can find a better job long hours and not pays fair. Avoid.they don’t care about employees.

Pros

Cons

Long hours fake people fake promises

Little serious work

Many managers do not know the work they supervise.Competitive salary as long as you collect the bonus, but they cancel when they want the overtime, losing the worker the right to collect the bonus. You lose the right to bonus for sick.You can only choose 10 days of vacation, the other 10 are marked by them.Today there are jobs with better salaries without bonuses, not recommended

Cons

Low base salary

Good place if you want to progress.

I am an actual operator for Brian James Trailers.Are they perfect , No they are not but then most companies have problems. However they are a fast growing company with real potential for people to move up the career ladder if they wish. Yes most of the people on my shift are foreign but they are always willing to help and are friendly. As for the wage I would suggest you look at the whole package rather than just the basic hourly rate.

It's on ok job

The company is doing really well, the job security is very good as they are very busy.Working here is quite nice you are just allowed to get on with your job and there's not really many problems. It is a stress-free job in my eyes. The only problem is that the managers and never to be seen and if you have a problem you can never find a manager to help you.

Pros

Left alone to work

Cons

Super small canteen, no managerial help

Never again!

Forced to wear some1 elses outdoor suit after 4 months of being there. Never given the correct ppe. They give it all the sweet talk during the interview then treat you like rubbish when u start. All good reviews on here are from supervisors/managers so are fake

Pros

Not sure there is any

Cons

HR that dont care

Counterbalance driver

This company is not nice you only get 5 days holiday where you choose to take the rest of your holidays are set people leave quite. A lot It’s a dirty job a small canteen and a 30 min break All day

Pros

It’s local

Cons

5days holiday

Dead end

They are good at selling the job but once in the door you see it for what it really is, your just another number, you can see from the turn over of staff from all the job adverts, facilities is next to none, extraction is poor only extraction you get is when they decided to open the big door, dirty toilet with a camera in, dirty tiny kitchen, most people are forced to sit in there car for lunch, only the office staff are allowed to use the car park so have to park on busy road side, the work itself is okay if you don’t mind working hard with no progression but the language barrier is ridiculous, if your English you will struggle.

Pros

PPE provided

Cons

Management and poor facilities

Needs more English speakers

Friendly management and hr department. Nobody on the factory floor speaks english which made training difficult and creates a sour work environment. A lot of heavy lifting.

Pros

Bonuses are ok

Cons

Poor work atmosphere

okay

decent money after bonuses, managers could be more motivational instead they hide all day in the office, if you like working really hard this is the place to work, got me vert fit working here.

Great place to work friendly environment

Great place to work, lots of room for progression, staff and management are friendly and caring also amazing workplace benefits e.g. bike to work scheme.

a great place to work

Great Place to work with good fair & honest hard working managers who wouldn't expect you to do anything they wouldn't do themselves. and a very helpful HR Team.

Friendly, professional with real scope for advancement

From the interview onwards all colleagues are friendly and supportive. Excellent opportunities for advancement and approachable management. Staff feel listened to and there is a real 'family feel' which is rare in a company of this size. Definitely an employer who care about the well being of their staff.

without any special comments

Good location near my home. You can rent a bike to get to work. Good commute but unfortunately I have nowhere to park and you have to park your car by the road. Dining room clean but too small. Earnings are not paid badly on time. Managers not too good and there are too many of them, so I think that's why they are

Good place to start career with manufacturing

I would change a lot, start with the hiring knowledge people. raise wages for people who deserve it and spend there a lot of time and now everything about their job. the canteen could be bigger.

Place could be better

Management is very helpful but the people working in production not really. If you don't speak Russian or Romanian you will find just few people speaking English. Job is not so bad but the pay far for good living. Good advice for company to invest for those who can speak English or you will need to hire translator :) Cons: shift allowance for night 50p is this a joke?

productive

very good company to work for the only thing is long hours. the management team are friendly and easy to get on with. if you need anything the team always try there hardest to help you out.

good workplace

good athmoshere of work, friendly people, secure for right candidates, good earnings, enthusiastic crew focused on growth of company, helpful management,

Pros

flexible management

Cons

no canteen, to few holiday

Enjoyable and challenging job.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Brian James trailers, the job was physically challenging and I enjoyed this. I was in charge of stacking and distributing goods/trailers and accepting deliveries. communication was key from builders to salesmen and I was a great team player.

Pros

Enjoyable

Cons

working in all weathers (eg snow)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brian James Trailers Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9