Bridge-It Housing
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Bridge-It Housing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom48 reviews

housingprogresssupportfantasticleaderclientofficestaff

Fast paced, stressfull at times but very rewarding

Bridge-it housing is a big family, everyone looks out for one another and there is always someone to ask for help when needed. Seeing the help your giving service users is something you go home proud of. There’s not a day I’ve worked here where I’ve felt some sort of achievement. The best step I ever took was coming to Bridge-it

Terrible

After working for this company for a number of years, the whole process has changed so much. Management is very clicky, if your face doesn’t fit they will try every way to get rid of you. Wage slips never issued. The already poor wage is never right, if they even pay you at all! Clients welfare is the last thing on anyones minds. What should and could be a very beneficial company is a poorly managed, poorly run state. And I wouldn’t lease any room out to anyone I know. As the state of them is inhabital.

Pros

Company days, A/l

Cons

Management, culture, wage

Insights into Bridge-It Housing

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Terrible company to work for!!

This company seems brilliant to start off with and then when they get comfortable with you they start to treat you like rubbish they don’t share the work out between the team they just pick on the one that’s most willing to complete the tasks in hand and get no praise for this. The people that have the can’t be bothered attitude get to have an easy day ahead. People come and go in this company within a few months due to the HR team as they seem to be bullies and give warnings out for sticking up for other people. This is my opinion but your welcome to make your own.I would stay away from the company….

Productive and fun working culture

No 2 days are the same, clients can be challenging but it is also very rewarding to help them turn their lives around eg, stop using drugs/alcohol and obtain their own property. Great company to work for, management are very supportive and approachable from the team leader to the CEO. Staff work as a team and will always help one another. Cannot PRAISE this company high enough. FANTASTIC!!!!!

Pros

Subsidized staff days out, excellent training and career progression

A caring environment

In comparison with a lot of my previous work, Bridge-it housing are very different. There is a real feeling of togetherness among most of the staff that know they are there to play a part in a mission that matters. The company is making real attempts to improve and build on the success they have already had. There is improvements to make however it feels like it is possible to accomplish these where in some companies you do not get the opportunity to see ideas come to life.

Pros

relaxed atmosphere. desire to improve and grow

productive, rewarding, busy

Having worked for Bridge-ithousing for a number of years i have seen many improvements to the company as a whole, they have made massive improvements to support staff both at work and home / life work balance. The job whilst rewarding is often challenging, however if you like to make a difference to peoples lives then apply.The culture is very much promoting independence, and empowerment for clients, which is great.

Pros

time management, manage your own work time

Cons

clients can be often demanding

Fantastic place to work

Being able to make a difference to someone on a daily basis is life changing, for all involved. There are many challenges along the way, and its very on the job training but so rewarding. Also learning lots of new things myself as the world is changing. No 2 days are ever the same, and you just never know what the day will bring which is all part of the excitement. This is a fast paced place of work and everyone plays their part well, real team work! The days go so fast and the hardest part of the job is not having enough hours in a day to achieve all that id like to. The best part of the job is seeing a person achieve their goals, however small that may be, moving forward is moving forward, and its awesome to know you helped that happen. I can see myself finishing my career with Bridge - It Housing with retirement eventually.

Pros

Flexible lunch hour. Christmas party

Cons

Pay is above min wage, but with inflation this needs to be considered

Great progression, team work and support!

I started with the company as a support worker and was quickly trained as a Team Leader. This has allowed me to develop and progress within the company.I have always found management approachable. My ideas and concerns are listened too.Team work plays a huge part working at Bridge-it and all staff support each other. I am thanked for a job well done.The company is constantly looking at ways to expand the business and develop talent. New structure and job roles are a continued theme at Bridge-it.As with everyone wages are always a hot topic and we would all like more money! I feel my home/life balance works well with Bridge-it.

A company that values and appreciates staff

No day is the same and there are always challenges to keep you motivated. All management are approachable and value staff. All staff are encouraged to put ideas forward and be involved in the growth of the business. There are regular events for all the branches to get together to make you feel like one big family. I thoroughly enjoy working for Bridge-It Housing and applicants are encouraged to apply from all backgrounds.

Pros

Work hours Monday to Friday 9-5

Cons

amazing place to work fantastic teams

I have worked for Bridge-It Housing just under 3 years. I have progressed with in the company. all promotions are done in house which I think is amazing. Working for Bridge-it Housing is a career not just a job. the clients are varied and the houses are kept to a high standard for clients to live in. not many can say they love getting up to go to work but working at Bridge-It we do. The managers are great to work for and are in and out of offices and get to know all staff by name this makes a difference to many. the CEO rewards hard work and calls in offices to thank you personally for the work you do at Bridge-It Housing. Overall an fantastic place to work I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Excellent place to work! :)

There is a great opportunity to grow and expand within the company!Since I have worked here the company has flourished in such a short amount of time which has furthered opportunity to excel in career. I personally feel the job is really flexible and management try to support in any way they can. Higher management have supported me a lot throughout my time in the company. I enjoy the job as you are not sat in the office all day, you are able to manage your own time and get out the office and go to properties which is different to other roles!

Pros

Working Environment

Phenomanal

i've been with the company for about 18 months and i absolutely love it. the management are all understanding and accepting. The team i work with are absolutely incredible, we're more of a family than a team and i genuinely feel valued. the owner of the company is a kind man, who clearly worked hard to get his business up and running. he recognises hard work and makes a point to personally speak to you and congratulate you. I enjoy the challenge of working here, the drive to support and help others to be the person they want to be, this is why i work here. i'd recommend working here!

Good progress

An excellent company to work for who promote from within. Some real progression if you are wanting a career in supported housing.Can be a very challenging environment with clients, but no two days are the same.The right job for you if you want to help vulnerable adults and have the personality to be open minded to understanding to people's needs.

Fantastic place to work, but pay is another issue!

Fantastic company to work for! But for a company doing as well as it is, employers are never paid on time. Payslips are never issued. You can a team of 9 staff in one office and 3 out of 9 will be paid, the rest will be waiting. Pay needs to be processed days before ACTUAL PAY DAY to ensure our hard earned hours we put in to work is paid on time! Payslips need to be issued at least a couple of days beforehand! Times are very hard for majority of people, my bank account is overdrawn every month. Single parents are defiantly feeling the strain from not been paid on time! Never known a company like it to be honest. Best company I have ever worked for, but for this really let’s it down. DO BETTER BRIDGE-IT. BE BETTER!

Good company

Overall it’s an amazing company to work for, I’ve worked in two different offices now and both been excellent, there is a few things they could change to make it better but all in all I’ve never felt so happy to go to work since working for this company

Shocking….. please stay away

It’s starts off lovely very friendly, then a team leader is fired and the office becomes more unorganised by the day! Managers will turn up with HR to get people in meetings without pre warnings to bully them into agreeing to changes! Pay rises not given because managers don’t have the meetings that need to be done!!!! All in all a shocking unorganised mess of a company! Also staff are regularly in danger with no back up from management and when this is brought up in morning meetings your laughed at and told in 12 years of the company being open a staff member has never been hurt!!!!!!

Pros

Had a good team until it was ripped apart by bad management

Cons

Where do I start……

Productive and rewarding role

I have worked for Bridge-it housing just under 3years now, and I can honestly say that it is the most rewarding job I have ever had. The company encourages progression in your role and career with them and invests time and training to enable you to succeed. I became a team leader and have progressed on to a supervisor with the support and guidance from the company.

Pros

Training courses and progression in your role.

Amazing place to work

I have been with this company 3 years and see the rest of my career being here, the company is making positive changes and listening to staff needs. Every day is different and fun at the same time, the people are fantastic and they have become my work family

Fun and productive environment

Bridge-It Housing is a lovely place to work with a nice work-life balance. No two days are the same but this is what makes the job exciting, having great colleagues also makes every day pleasurable. During my time here, I have picked up different skills from those I work with, these skills have enabled me to improve my performance and grow. I am very happy with the support I receive from my colleagues and manager, it really is a great team!

Pros

Good annual leave allowance, company benefits such as free eye tests

Growing, Diverse, and Interesting

I have worked at Bridge-It Hosing about 5 months now and I love it!There is lots of support from the managers, lots of meetings to ensure the right people are involved in everything they need to be, they seem to be very open to change and a lot is going on - all the time! I am kept busy with a very varied workload and no two days are the same which is really interesting to me. It isn't easy, but that makes it all the more rewarding My team are also great, really nice people who want to help me. The hours are great they really encourage work life balance, hardest part is leaving at the end of the day w just want to get 'one more thing' done or having a good catch up :)

Pros

Great Team, Great Management, Fun workplace

Cons

Not got any yet

Honestly the best job i've ever had

Working with Bridge-itHousing you have internal opportunities for progression and have seen my colleagues quickly progress into management positions within the year I have been here.Within our office we all get on really well with one another and it is the only job I've had where i enjoy getting up to come into work. The workload isn't unreasonable at all for the pay that we are on, provided you are organised with your clients and the support that you provide you manage to get lots of downtime within the office. All the clients that we have are thoroughly risk assessed and background checked and you have a say in the best property to place them in to help assist with their development towards their own tenancy. The company its self is really focused on staff development regularly offering training opportunities and they regularly have company outings and events so you have the chance to meet other offices and see how they operate.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, rewarding seeing clients progress onto their own property

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridge-It Housing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bridge-It Housing with

• Bridge-It Housing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?