Bridgegate Security

Bridgegate Security Job security & advancement reviews

United Kingdom76 reviews

Clear
3.6Job security & advancement

Outstanding security company to work for!

Joined a team based in fleet, quickly learned who I was working with and what they expected and from then on tried to progress which happened nicely! Always supported by my area manager and head office. Moved on from head door a while ago but still go back to help.out and earn some extra every so often. Fully recommended company to work for.

Pros

Clear objectives, always supported, paid on time every time

Cons

N/a

Pay issues and unprofessional teammates

Alright on the whole as far as security companies go, however the pay was sometimes late, in some cases it was late by a month, and in one case where I did them a favour travelling an hour from my home to cover another job for them at short notice, I worked a shift at a promised rate and received half the agreed ammount and it was 5 weeks befor I even saw that much. Some venues had teammates who were lax at their jobs, didnt screen customers well enough and at a Bristol venue a customer with a knife managed to get passed 3 staff members and a metal detector befor I searched them properly and found it. Contacting higher ups is virtually impossible sometimes, ure job and safety can be risky depending on where u go and how seriously u take ure job, and the ammount of shirt fillers is impressive, although that's a global issue in the industry now so it's nottheir fault. That being said... the company are better than most of the average security companies out there atm, they do have some employees who know their stuff and will have ure back, and they dont lie to ure face when they say they have short changed you.. they say they have and apologise. So.. give them a go and see if it's betterthan the other companies out there, personally I think their on the better end of the spectrum, even if it does sound bad.

Pros

Consistant in their failings and successes.

Cons

Money issues and some poor quality staff

Insights into Bridgegate Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Not bad company

Area manager is not to be seen or heard of and I guess if hears about this I won’t be needed again but it’s true. No welfare checks or support of just asking how the teams are doing. Defo seen when a problem though and very unprofessional.

Never had issue with pay

Good company to work for. Never had a big issue with this company. Good hours depending on where you work but managers will always insure hours a fair and what you’ve asked for

Really good company to work for they listen to you and if you have any problems they will try to help you out or even sort out the problem for you the

I have worked for bridgegate for over 4-5 years its probably the best company I have ever been working for I live in Leicester I started off from pubs and clubs moved to hotels and then did subway and did street marshal work for about 4 years my area manager is brilliant he has always helped me if I had any problems or if I needed extra work and he always use to check up on me regular while I was working to make sure I'm alright. Definitely recommend bridgegate I give them 5 stars..

Pros

Great pay rates, and never had any problems with wages ever, always ever week the money was in my account

organised and productive

great level of organisation, very well structured company with a clear cut emphasis on productivity. great communication from the area manager at all times.

Not great

As security it was always tough. Job security is at a minimum. Dealing with some issues lead to unexpected issues. It could be very socially and emotionally difficult.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Management could be difficult

A good starting company

I fell really safe where I work the team that I’m working along side are all friendly and helpful , as I’m new to the security Industry I am very grateful for all of the help and guidance that I get from the team that I work with . The wages is always in your account when they say it will be there . There’s always good and bad points for every company but for me they have helped me get my experience that I need I’m grateful to them for giving me the job opportunity as they have taught me so much over the time I have been with the company. You are on your feet a long time but nothing you don’t expect doing this sort of work

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

As expected long hours

Average security company

The industry is poorly regulated. Because of this many people are opting to leave the industry, which I can understand why. Bridgegate security are one of the better organized employers in my opinion

Pros

Cons

Possible missed payments

A good support network

I worked for Bridgegate for 9 years in Notts and was mainly happy. The pay was on time and the hours available. Only left as the venue's were squeezing the hours and not leaving much to work for. A good starting company with good support and training.

Pros

Good payers

Cons

Area manager changes

Never dealt with brigegate directly.

During my contracted position I was working a busy Cardiff nightclub and was thankful for the experience and the opportunity. Overall I haven’t got a bad thing to say about the company as I never spoke direct with them.

Pros

A nice wage.

Cons

Nowhere near enough hours or respect for their relief staff.

if youve got a good team then you're laughing!

When I worked for this company there was a good team and everyone watched each others back. It depends on the venue and staff you work with but it seems everyone looks after number one on the doors now. As for the company it wasn't that bad. money could be better though.

Pros

good laugh, doesn't feel like work

Cons

money, career advancement non existant

Great company

Really good company to work for, great team behind the company, paid on time and without fail, also great venues to work in, always looked after with Bridgegate

Great Team

I left this company over 15 years ago but it was a great place to work and taught me a a lot for my future career and a lot of life skills that I have taken forward and developed.

Doorwork

Good company. this company was my first in the doorman industry. Managers and other colleagues were so helpful. recommended

Professional, Reliable

BG have gained a reputation as the most professional and personable company providing door supervisors to the licensed trade and remain one of the best companies to work for.

Pros

Constant contact from line management

Cons

movable positions

Great company to work for

Great company to work for and gained lots of experience while with the company. Helped me to gain new news and confidence within the Security sector.

good place to work

good place to work, good colleagues just not secured job, really enjoyed working here such a shame it couldnt of been secured

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgegate Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Bridgegate Security
  • Job security & advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?