Bridgegate Security

United Kingdom76 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Current employee

I got the job because I worked for the previous area manager before and she asked me to join. It’s only weekend work so not enough to live on but it’s extra money to top up my salary. Always paid on time but occasionally it’s not correct. Don’t get payslips but always work available. There’s been sometimes I haven’t had shifts but that was because the area manager left but after a few months the new one called me up and I work every weekend. Been a few hiccups along the way but otherwise ok. I do get sent all over the place. Would like to have a set venue, otherwise fine. I have a cp license but work on doors of venues on weekends. A lot better than my other retail security job (I work for 3 companies)Can be stressful when there’s an incident but that’s part of the job. Generally no problems working for bridgegate. Some of the staff are lazy or not good otherwise fine.

Pros

Free food at most venues, paid on time, plenty of shifts available

Cons

Not always paid correctly, have to request payslips

Excellent

Very good place to work and management is very good and easy to speak to . Any problems and they help you as much as they can as long as you doing your job properly.

Insights into Bridgegate Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Never had issue with pay

Good company to work for. Never had a big issue with this company. Good hours depending on where you work but managers will always insure hours a fair and what you’ve asked for

Great company to work for

Happy working for bridgegate Lots of hrs Good pay Pay weekly on time Great colleagues Good management happy to help and supportive Best company I've work for in security so far

Fun workplace

Good company to work for. Nice venues and the staff are very friendly. Worked with good people and learnt new things. Managers are decent and have always been paid on time.

A good starting company

I fell really safe where I work the team that I’m working along side are all friendly and helpful , as I’m new to the security Industry I am very grateful for all of the help and guidance that I get from the team that I work with . The wages is always in your account when they say it will be there . There’s always good and bad points for every company but for me they have helped me get my experience that I need I’m grateful to them for giving me the job opportunity as they have taught me so much over the time I have been with the company. You are on your feet a long time but nothing you don’t expect doing this sort of work

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

As expected long hours

I worked there

I worked for them for a short time. It was a fill in job. I did not enjoy it. Just like ensuring I write a minimum of one hundred and fifty characters for this review, which I don't want to give.

Pros

They paid me

Cons

No communication

A good support network

I worked for Bridgegate for 9 years in Notts and was mainly happy. The pay was on time and the hours available. Only left as the venue's were squeezing the hours and not leaving much to work for. A good starting company with good support and training.

Pros

Good payers

Cons

Area manager changes

Fun workplace

Bridgegate security ltd isn't just like your normal everyday security group. This company goes the extra mile to make sure all it's staff and venues are accommodated appropriately.

Pros

Great teams

Cons

Salary

productive

Company fine to work for and took into consideration hours for staff members and tried to help styaff members get to work if they had no transport. Flexible working hours available.

Rubbish

You get paid 10 ph, but you get charged 7 insurance/week even if you work one day. Utterly rubbish to work for them. Getting underpaid,

Pros

You'll get only tap water

Cons

Rubbish hours

excellent

good shifts at a variety of locations good rates of pay good members of staff to communicate with zero hour contracts with limited shifts available

Pros

good shift when available

Cons

minimal shifts available

fun place to work

sociable job good security team Defusing fights and altercations Working along side the police Good management team Could be long hours

Good Company to work for

Typically the team begins at 10pm, my colleagues and i are supervising the clients as they are queuing. Removal of intoxicated clients from the Que and inside, breaking up any fights that occur, detaining miscreants for the police and administering first aid to any victims of alcohol and violence. As a door supervisor my primary role is to limit any confrontations on the inside and surrounding areas by refusing entry to clients who are known to the staff as trouble makers and anyone compromised by alcohol. All persons seeking entry to the clubs are requested to show formal identification as proof of age. We are there for the safety of the public and our fellow members of staff and have to be ready to deal with any situation as it arises, secondly to ensure the club makes money by having a safe and happy atmosphere where clients are happy to stay.

Pros

working with a good team

Cons

not contracted hours so subject to weekly changes in salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgegate Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement