Bridgegate Security

United Kingdom76 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

venueclubdoorsecuritynightcheckteamarea

Good company to work for.

Good company to work for. Plenty of shift work. If you're sick, they happily find cover. Shifts are mainly bars and nightclubs. Some locations are one man, 2 man door etc depending on the venue.

Pros

Always shifts available.

Cons

No cons

Providing security in night clubs and pubs

Working from 9 pm until 2-3 am on Friday,Saturday nights mainly but also some Sundays prior to Bank holidays and nights during Christmas.Smart appearance required but coat, tie and high visibility jacket provided by the employer. Free parking behind some night clubs available. Opportunity to meet all types of people from all walks of life. As a security officer you have to carry out body frisks, check handbags and toilets for knives and drugs. There can often be first aid emergencies and you need to be prepared to contact the emergency services. There can also often be some challenging behavior which you may have to deal with. However there is good team work and organisation to help keep everyone safe. You may work inside and also on the Door.

Insights into Bridgegate Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility

Never had issue with pay

Good company to work for. Never had a big issue with this company. Good hours depending on where you work but managers will always insure hours a fair and what you’ve asked for

Great company to work for

Happy working for bridgegate Lots of hrs Good pay Pay weekly on time Great colleagues Good management happy to help and supportive Best company I've work for in security so far

Productive workplace

I got to know how to use a radio with the correct alphabetical code & the procedures of stopping and searching a male/female with a positive attitude & being respectful.

Brilliant company.

Before I started with this company, I heard mixed reviews from people. But as always you have to make up your own mind and see it for yourself, so I did. I've had absolutely no issues whatsoever with this company! Been there for 4yrs, they've looked after me in terms of work, and it has all been very professional on both sides. They give me the hours if they are available, and it's not difficult really is it?!?! You do your hours, be part of a team, do a good job, enjoy your work and get paid on a set day, job done. It's extremely easy to get hold of someone from HR, if there should be any issues, they get resolved immediately.

Pros

Great team work and venues.

A good starting company

I fell really safe where I work the team that I’m working along side are all friendly and helpful , as I’m new to the security Industry I am very grateful for all of the help and guidance that I get from the team that I work with . The wages is always in your account when they say it will be there . There’s always good and bad points for every company but for me they have helped me get my experience that I need I’m grateful to them for giving me the job opportunity as they have taught me so much over the time I have been with the company. You are on your feet a long time but nothing you don’t expect doing this sort of work

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

As expected long hours

good venue to work

club staff really nice, security staff don't do theyre job properly and don't treat you very nice, unless your in with the bosses they don't care about you

Pros

free water

Average security company

The industry is poorly regulated. Because of this many people are opting to leave the industry, which I can understand why. Bridgegate security are one of the better organized employers in my opinion

Pros

Cons

Possible missed payments

Great Management structure

I have worked for Bridgegate as a freelance Close Protection Officer on many occasions over the past 5 years. They always make you feel part of the team, very reasonable rates and always settle invoices bang on time.

Pros

Varied work, god rates, great payers

Cons

long hours...but what do you expect

Fun workplace

Bridgegate security ltd isn't just like your normal everyday security group. This company goes the extra mile to make sure all it's staff and venues are accommodated appropriately.

Pros

Great teams

Cons

Salary

if youve got a good team then you're laughing!

When I worked for this company there was a good team and everyone watched each others back. It depends on the venue and staff you work with but it seems everyone looks after number one on the doors now. As for the company it wasn't that bad. money could be better though.

Pros

good laugh, doesn't feel like work

Cons

money, career advancement non existant

Great company

Really good company to work for, great team behind the company, paid on time and without fail, also great venues to work in, always looked after with Bridgegate

Best job ever

Good company,working as a doorman,checking I'd securing venue and health and safety and we'll being of customer,friendly atmosphere,confrontation at times,meeting people and making there night a pleasant one.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Late hours

Doorwork

Good company. this company was my first in the doorman industry. Managers and other colleagues were so helpful. recommended

excellent

good shifts at a variety of locations good rates of pay good members of staff to communicate with zero hour contracts with limited shifts available

Pros

good shift when available

Cons

minimal shifts available

fun place to work

sociable job good security team Defusing fights and altercations Working along side the police Good management team Could be long hours

Its a good job but its not for every one.

ok so id start work at ten o clock every Thur,Fri,Sat night and finish at about half past two.I go in make sure the owner/manager is ok then id sign in with the cctv,once thats done i put my other co workers in position in side the venue.we normally have a nice night were every one is happy.The hardest part of the job is if some one has had to much to drink or if there is an altercation inside if this does occur then myself or my co workers will deal with it accordingly. For me the best part of the job is to know every one has had a happy and safe night.

Pros

get to meet new people all the time.

Cons

unsociable hours to work

making sure checks are done

making sure everyone is safe and all the correct checks are done. I am new to the industry, I am confident and competent to do the work in hand.

productive and a good work enviroment

very warm and welcoming company staff are very friendly was easy to settle in. The hardest part of the job is the late night hours but once you get in a routine it isn't as hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new friendly people and to watch everyone having a good time.

Great company to work for

Great company to work for and gained lots of experience while with the company. Helped me to gain new news and confidence within the Security sector.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bridgegate Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Bridgegate Security
  • Work-life balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?