Bright Care

Bright Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Bright Care selected this as a representative review
I have been delighted with my experience of working for Brightcare so far. The interview process was lengthy compared to my previous experiences, but in a way so as to make sure you are completely on board and happy at each stage, and there was plenty of time to ask questions and get a good understanding of the business. The emphasis on team working is fantastic, and there a number of different people dedicated to providing help and support - whether this be for training or for personal development. Management are also incredibly supportive, considerate and care about the wellbeing of their employees. I have also found them to really value everybody's input. Having never worked in care before, I definitely had some anxiety when it came to the job role itself, however the training provided was exceptional and gave me all the tools and information I needed to have confidence that this was something I could do. In addition to this, the company actively aims to aid people in personal and professional progression, if this is what they want. It is really lovely to be part of a team that works together to provide such a great service.
5 March 2020
Thank you so much for your review! We are truly delighted to read your feedback, especially as you are new to care. We strive for a 'dream team' environment where people across all areas of our business (recruitment, training, management, Bright Carers) work interdependently with one another to create the best experience for our staff, and the families that put their trust in us. We're so glad that this has been your experience. Thank you again for your feedback!
I have worked at Brightcare for over a year. I have found everyone totally supportive and friendly. I have got hours to suit my other commitments and this is important to me. There is always someone on hand to speak to if you have any problems. I get the impression that they are genuinely a very caring company. The training is also excellent, and there are opportunities to advance if that is what you are looking for. Would recommend to anyone to work there and would also happily have my own family members under their care.
Pros
Supportive, caring, accommodating
Cons
Communication, there is a great commitment between the management team and the employees. The company do their best to provide all the necessary PPE for the employees. Great place to work.
Pros
Travel expenses
Cons
Zero hour contracts
You build a relationship with your client and there is enough time on a shift to actually talk to them and work in a way that promotes good health in the community. The clients also enjoy continuous care and get to know their carers. A great team of colleagues is behind you to give support and advice.
Pros
Hours that fit in your situation
6 April 2021
Thank you kindly for your review. With visits from two hours, our Bright Carers can be there for those little moments in life, building and nurturing meaningful relationships with our clients, which is what makes them truly flourish in later years. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed building these relationships and that you felt part of a supportive team. All the best for your future career!
Brightcare is hands down the most supportive and rewarding company I have worked for. Management ensures an individualised experience for carers and service users alike. Clients are personality matched to employees, this helps ensure all visits are an enjoyable, sociable experience for everyone. The work/life balance is great, I feel supported and valued as a person not just a member of staff. Relationships remain at the heart of the company which makes for a trustworthy, reliable, approachable team.
Pros
Relationship based, fair pay, work/life balance.
Cons
Nil
29 March 2021
Thanks so much for your positive words. We strive to ensure that every member of our family feels understood and well supported to do an amazing job and thrive in their role. Hence, it is such a joy to read how much you appreciate our individualised approach, the work-life balance we offer and our consistent focus on relationships. We wish you a wonderful career as part of our team!
I am new to working in the care sector and my weeks training with Bright care was fantastic! with follow-up training over the year! The Staff are superb, they have been very patient, kind, understanding and are always ready to hear from me with any concerns. Any problems have been dealt with so professionally and with understanding about my new skills. The clients I have met have been lovely and the managers know the clients well, it really feels like a large caring family. There has been no pressure to take on more than I can manage, although it is very hard when the clients are so good! Each client has varied needs and this keeps things refreshing, I didn't realise how much a part of each others lives you become, and there are lots of laughs!!I wish I had known years ago!
Pros
Meeting lovely people and making a real difference to their lives
Cons
Being professional and remembering I am a carer first not just a friend whos popped in!
22 March 2021
It’s amazing to read how much you enjoy being part of our family. It’s also great to know that, being new to care, you feel so supported thanks to our thorough training programme and the kindness of our team. We love investing in our people so that individuals like you can thrive while building and nurturing relationships with our clients that last for life. Thank you so much for choosing to have a career in care with us!
No problems working for bright care. Management always there when any problems. Great team. Good rates of pay and milage. Plenty support and training given regularly.
25 February 2021
Thank you so much for your review. We strive to ensure our staff members always feel well supported and valued, and that everyone is provided with the highest quality of training to excel in caring for our clients. This is ultimately what makes our people thrive, and it is fantastic to read that you appreciate it and enjoy being one of our Bright Care family.
This company will entice you in with money perhaps and promises but in reality you will be spoken to as a child and treated less than. avoid at all costs. They don't care about you as a staff member.
Pros
let me think.....there are none.
Cons
will call at odd times to cover shifts at last minutes, treated less than as a person, must travel far distances in short periods of time
4 January 2021
At Bright Care, we strive to make every staff member feel valued and appreciated. One of our core values is committing to each other’s highest good by leaning into the honest conversations that help us reach our full potential. It is this unique approach that results in our high employee retention. We do appreciate that—due to the nature of our business—our local branches may have exceptionally busy periods, and that staff may be asked if they are willing to provide additional availability to their regular working patterns, so that those we support can receive consistent care. We apologise if you feel this was excessive, but mostly, if you feel that you could not have an honest conversion with us about your shifts.We take your feedback seriously, and we would like the opportunity to listen to you carefully and learn from your experience. We therefore encourage you to email us at info[@]brightcare.co.uk. We hope to hear back from you soon, but if not, we wish you all the best.
Bright Care is fantastic. The company is alive with conscientious, supportive people who have each other's back. Management is really great too and have been exceptionally great through Covid-19 (everyone really cares about what they do). It's an exciting company that I'm proud to be associated with.
29 October 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback! One of our core values is that 'we journey together united as one', and only by having each other's back we manage to deliver high quality care to our clients. Hence, it's great to know that you feel truly supported and proud to work at Bright Care.
I worked within people homes. I provided care and companionship to our clients. Helped with personal care, housework, shopping, preparation of meals. Visits can range from 2hrs to live in care.
Pros
Monthly carer award
13 October 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed working with us to support the elderly live their best lives in their own homes. All the best for your future career!
Brightcare have been super flexible and accommodating with ensuring they matched me with the right client both for the client and myself. They are a super friendly management team willing to go the extra mile to ensure the wellbeing of their staff.
Pros
Flexibility support and welcoming of management, Excellent training and induction, Real sense of care for the clients and staff by the company.
Cons
None i have discovered as yet
23 September 2020
Thank you so much for leaving us a review. It is amazing to read that you appreciate our matching process, which is one of our core expertise, and that you feel so valued by the management team. Thanks for your contribution, we wish you to keep growing within the Bright Care family!
Great company to work for and management are very helpful, you can approach them with anything. The weeks training you receive before you take up your post is excellent.
Pros
Lovely clients, great management, good money
13 July 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We are really glad to read that you find Bright Care a great company to work for and that you appreciate our thorough training. We wish you to keep thriving in your role as a Bright Carer!
I enjoyed working for Bright Care. This is an amazing team with great progression opportunities. If I was still leaving in UK, I would still be working there.
21 April 2020
Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear you loved working at Bright Care, and best of luck with your new adventure!
Bright Care from day 1 has felt like a friendly family focused business which am very happy to be a part of and excited to see what the future looks like.
13 March 2020
Many thanks for your review. We are delighted to read that you felt happy to be part of our family from the very beginning, and that you're looking forward to seeing what Bright Care can offer you in the future!
A very supportive network of professionals to work with, all living and breathing the BrightCare values on a daily basis. There is always room for growth and learning within the Company and this is actively encouraged at all levels. I would not wish to work for another Company in this field as BrightCare delivers top quality Care at Home services in a way that I have not seen anywhere else in my 20 years in the field.
13 March 2020
Thank you very much for reviewing us. We take pride in hiring exceptional individuals that align with our six company values, and we encourage personal and professional growth at all levels. In fact, we love seeing our talented people thrive, so it's wonderful to read that you appreciate Bright Care's culture and wouldn't wish to work for any other companies in the care sector.
More interested in making money,for the company,than properly training their staff, being sent you tube videos,instead of proper training. Constantly wanting carer to do overtime,very short staffed,but the company keeps taking on clients. Management turns a blind eye to bad moving & handling
5 March 2020
Thank you for reviewing Bright Care.We apologise for how you have found your experience with Bright Care; this is absolutely not how we like our valued staff to feel. With regards to training, we believe your comment refers to catheter care. Please be assured that this topic is included not only in our five-day on-boarding training, but our Bright Care Academy continues to be on hand for all ongoing and mandatory training, and even for ad hoc one-on-one sessions if a member of staff feels unsure about something, or would like to upskill themselves. We are sorry if you feel this was not openly available to you.Due to the nature of our business, our local branches may have exceptionally busy periods. During these periods, staff may be asked if they are willing to provide additional availability outwith their normal working pattern to provide consistent support to our clients. We apologise if you feel this was excessive during your employment with us.Please be assured that we take pride in providing high standards of moving and handling in our practices, and take breaches of such standards seriously.We would really like the opportunity to understand more about your experience at Bright Care so that we can continue to learn and be self aware; please email us at info@brightcare.co.uk. We hope to hear back from you but if not, we wish you the best of luck for your future career!
Bright care really does care! The training is excellent, the staff in the offices are all warm, friendly and professional. I really feel appreciated, valued and respected. Great communication and support when needed.
4 October 2019
Thank you so much for your review. We are really pleased to know that you feel well looked after, valued and respected. We strive to make sure that our Bright Carers feel appreciated and supported. Thank you for being part of the Bright Care family!The Bright Care Team
I love my job at Bright Care! It is a pleasure to come to work everyday, and the culture means that every day is interesting and challenging. I've never worked for a company before that lives fiercely by their values, and take the time to nurture and grow their employees. Great place to work!
Pros
Development
31 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing Bright Care. We are thrilled to read your review and know that you enjoy coming to work! We love seeing people grow and develop in the workplace -- thank you for your contribution!The Bright Care Team
Rota supplied on a week to week basis. Workdays are very different. Varied clients, varied needs / requirements. Management are generally friendly & communicate well with staff. Regular staff meetings / updates. Possibly one of the most enjoyable jobs I've had but sadly offset with irregular hours. Would probably suit those with a 2nd source of income or someone requiring vocational experience.
Pros
Helpful staff. Good clients.
Cons
Irregular hours. Long travel to clients.
23 May 2019
Thank you for leaving this review! We are happy to read that you enjoyed working at Bright Care. Due to the nature of the business and the changing needs of our clients, even when we try our best, it is not always possible to offer regular working patterns. We do understand this is not for everyone, and we’re continually trying to find solutions to make this better for our Bright Carers. We wish you all the best for your future career.The Bright Care Team
....I enjoy coming to work each day because my colleagues are supportive, highly skilled, and passionate about what they do. At Bright Care I have had opportunities to grow personally and professionally and am constantly challenged to be better and learn more.
Pros
Great culture
24 May 2019
Thank you for your review. It is great to know that people feel supported and surrounded by amazing colleagues. It is people that make a company culture, and this is why we hire those who share our values and are willing to grow and continually better themselves. Thank you for deciding to be part of our company!The Bright Care Team
I joined Bright Care not long ago and it is so far the company with the best culture I have worked for. Everyone is happy to work here because everyone feels valued and appreciated. I also like that there is transparency in everything they do. The colleagues are also very nice and collaborative and the management is well organised. I am really happy to work here and I would definitely recommend it to anyone aiming to join the care sector.
Pros
Very good culture
27 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing Bright Care. It is great to know that our culture is the best that you have experienced in a workplace. We put a lot of effort into meeting our employees’ needs, and we also try to understand the ways in which everyone can be positioned for their greatest contribution. Thank you for joining our team!The Bright Care Team
  1. Employee reviews