Bright Care
Happiness score is 95 out of 100

Working at Bright Care: 45 Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews

supportiveclientcaresupporttrainingfeelteamstaff

Excellent,Supportive, approachable and professional company.

I can honestly say, I absolutely love my Role as Care Manager with Bright Care . The whole team are extremely supportive and I never feel alone, knowing I can chat with anyone of my work colleagues in any of our 7 branches.The company supports staff with excellent training so you are fully aware of what the job role entails before starting. They are always keen for progression and offer amazing opportunities for the right person.

Pros

Supportive colleagues, great work life family balance.

Cons

Best care company to work for

While working at Bright Care I was amazing by how supportive the management are. Could always rely on someone to answer the phone, if no one was at your branch the phone would ring out to another BC branch and someone else would answer and help best they could.Work life was balanced, you could pick up extra shifts if available.Matched to clients, making sure you get on with client and the client gets on with you. Minimum of 2 hour visits with client which develops a real friendships with them.Excellent help from management if things get hard, they always remained professional.If i was to work in care again it would only be for BrightCare.All together a fantastic care company to work for.I am sad to have left, however for me there was not alot of clients at the time and I left purely because of lack of hours.

Insights into Bright Care

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Best care company

Best Care Company I have ever worked for, not only do they care for their clients they care for their staff too, great to feel appreciated and have a good work/life balance.

Supportive workplace who actually cares about their staff.

I've only been with brightcare for a few months. In this short time, I have been made to feel very welcome, supported and very much part of the team. I work as a live in carer, and we are matched with clients based on what the clients needs are. Excellent person centred care, which is what I was looking for.

Pros

Supportive staff, good pay.

Cons

Live in work can be draining

7 March 2022
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback—it's wonderful to read and we're so glad to have you as part of the team in Broughty Ferry.

Good company with high standards.

Good company with good values and high standards. Full week initial training. Staff and clients are treated with respect. Conscientious and supportive colleagues. Approachable management. Flexible hours.

Pros

Good hourly rate and mileage, Minimum 2 hour visit, Approachable management, Flexible hours, Uniform.

Cons

Split shifts, Zero hours contract.

7 March 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback of working with our team in Bridge of Allan—it's very encouraging to read. We do have a range of contracts available so do speak with your Care Manager about these options in case they might work for you better.

Very enjoyable and rewarding

I love going into work now, each day is different and the day passes so quickly. I find meeting and working with the clients very rewarding and I feel valued.

Pros

Good working hours, supportive team, enjoyable and manageable workload

Cons

Using own car which is becoming more and more expensive

7 March 2022
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. It's always a joy for the team to read, and we are so glad that you love going to work and that you feel valued—that's exactly what we want to achieve with everyone who joins the team. We wish you all the very best in your career at Bright Care.

Great training Great Company

I would highly recommend Bright Care. I work at the Bridge of Allan branch. They are a very supportive and helpful team.Great communication from the office and shifts given a week in advance.The training was very thorough and informative. It was a small group so more personable and interactive. Support after training is great also with shadow visits before being given shifts to do on your own. Each visit is at least 2 hours long so you get to know your client and build a rapport. Great rates of pay are a bonus.

7 March 2022
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. Our in-house Training Academy really are superb so it's brilliant to read that you enjoyed the training so much. We wish you all the very best in your career at Bright Care.

Great team of carers who really care about the individuals we care for

I came to bright care from another care company and their focus really is on the individuals we care for, allowing them to live at home as independently as possible suiting their needs. To work for I have found a great team of carers and a supportive office and management team

Pros

Great team of care workers and a supportive office and management team

Cons

Working weekends and evenings but that goes hand in hand working in care

7 March 2022
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. Our Bridge of Allan team really are super so we are not surprised to read that you feel so supported by them. It is a privilege to have you as part of the team and wish you the best of luck in your career with us at Bright Care.

I worked with Bright Care before and came back

I worked with Bright Care for 2.5 years, left to help a family member's business but then came back. Their door was never completely closed and it was good to be accepted back. Things seem to have got better, especially in terms of communication, and the introduction of technology to register a carer's daily work, although a bit daunting, is very welcome. It's also reassuring to know that help is always at the other end of the phone; it doesn't matter how long I have been a carer I always learn something new every day, whether it be about the job, or a client or a colleague. I found my colleagues very understanding of my personal circumstances: it makes a big difference to be valued and be heard.

Pros

Training - Matching client with carer - Personal support and privacy

Cons

Not sure

7 March 2022
What wonderful feedback. You are quite right that our doors are always open and we are thrilled that you decided to come back to the team. The introduction of technology has made a huge difference to everyone and gives Bright Carers, especially, more time to do the things they most love. It is brilliant to read that you feel valued and heard—that's exactly what we aim for. We wish you a long and successful career at Bright Care.

Lovely staff, very friendly and good opportunities.

Really looking forward to beginning my career with this company. Very good understanding of life and work balance. Very welcoming and a great team to work with.

Pros

Minimum 2 hour visits to build relationships with your clients.

Cons

N/a

7 March 2022
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We hear wonderful feedback from everyone about our two-hour visits so we are thrilled to read you feel the same. Wishing you all the very best with your career at Bright Care.

Professional and Caring Company

My experience with Bright Care has been exceptional, in fact the best company I have worked for in the Care world. I have been made to feel very welcome from my first contact which was an initial phone call. I had 3 interviews, the first was the phone call, then the second was a formal interview and the 3rd I was invited to have lunch with my new Managers. The training has been very professional and I have really enjoyed meeting my new colleagues, such lovely people, all working to the Company Values that makes Bright Care so unique in delivering care. They focus on building quality and meaningful relationships with families and clients. There is opportunity to progress within the company. Work and Life balance is very good, I have heard that the most clients I could have in an 8 hour day would be 4, so spending 2 hours or more with one client is great for my clients, their families and myself for building meaningful relationships.

Pros

Thorough matching process with families, clients and carers to allow meaningful relationships to build.

7 March 2022
What incredible feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. You are right that our recruitment process is fairly thorough—it is only because we want to ensure that joining the team is right for both you and us. We are certainly a values-driven company so it is great to read that you feel this is played out throughout the company. We wish you all the very best in your career at Bright Care.

Do not recommend

Very manipulating bullish management. If you don’t toe the line and take all shifts ofered you will be punished by getting no shifts. Don’t believe a word they say. Working here had a bad affect on my confidence.

Pros

Good clients

Cons

Unfair management

1 September 2021
We are sad to read that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations. We match a small team of Bright Carers to each client so that genuine and long-lasting relationships can flourish and the quality of our care remains of the highest standards. Therefore, although we strive to accommodate requests regarding shifts, we also need to guarantee that the elderly loved ones we support continue to receive consistent care. We apologise if decisions around your shifts didn’t make you feel appreciated, but mostly, that you felt you couldn’t have an honest conversation with us about it. The team, whether it be your line manager or our in-house coach, are always available to listen to your concerns and help you thrive in your role.We welcome honest feedback and are happy to learn more from your experience if you would like to contact us on enquiries[@]brightcare.co.uk. If we don’t hear from you, we wish you the very best for your future career.

Supportive, friendly and transparent

Brightcare are a fabulous company to work for. Finally I had found a company where their values matched my own. Compassionate, honest and person centred. They provide excellent in-house training and you feel incredibly supported throughout the whole recruitment process and when out in the community. The office staff are always there for support. Everyone who you will meet in Brightcare is truly dedicated in delivering high quality care; to not only to the clients and families but to their staff too. A minimum time of two hours with a client is perfect as you really get to know them as an individual, you really feel like you are making a difference to their lives. I moved away from education and have made the best decision in my life. I work 30 hours a week and get every second weekend off, a good balance for work/life.If you are thinking about working in care, this company will show you how it should be done. Sector leading. Proud to be part of the team.

Pros

Minimum of two hour visits with clients. Good mileage cover. Supportive office staff

Cons

N/a

24 August 2021
Thank you so much for your review, reading your words warms our hearts. We are extremely glad that you decided to work with us as a Bright Carer and that you’re enjoying so much your career change as part of our team. We wish you an incredible journey in care with us!

Professional and friendly company with a winning set of values.

The combination of the venue, content and delivery at Bright Care's induction session is first class and goes a long way towards giving a great sense of the company and the level of support we, as team members are due to receive.

Pros

The professional culture, team of amazing individuals and support for carers.

Cons

I haven't experienced any yet.

24 August 2021
We are really pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the onboarding training with our Bright Care Academy. We want everyone to feel that they can do an amazing job while caring for our clients, regardless of experience, so it is great that you feel so well supported. Thanks so much for choosing to work with us, we wish you to thrive as a live-in Bright Carer!

Excellent Company Culture And Great Team

Very exciting company culture and a real desire to do something different in the care sector. Really strong and close-knit team which makes the challenges of the job so much easier. Lots of support to help you develop and grow with the company and they have a good track record on promoting from within so there are good opportunities to sustain a career.

Pros

The team, company culture

16 August 2021
Thank you kindly for your review. It is fantastic to read how much you appreciate what we do and how we do it, as we strive for excellence both as a care provider and as an employer. We are extremely happy to have you in our team and wish you a wonderful career with us!

Amazing

From the start of applying till my placement I kept thinking this role is too good to be true. This is exactly how caring for the older generation should look like across the board, they truly deserve the best care.My experience so far has been amazing.

Pros

Doing the best for your clients

Cons

None so far

13 October 2021
Thank you so much for your words of appreciation. It is an honour for us to enter the homes of our clients and become part of their lives to help them thrive in later years. So, it is a great joy to read that you love being part of a team that loves caring for the older generation and for each other, and we wish you a wonderful career with us!

Excellent onboarding process, welcome and training

The BrightCare recruitment process was very thorough and was a two way process to check if the role and person were the right fit for the business. It was a great way to check after every stage. Everyone in the business is very friendly and welcoming and there is a great culture with genuine values to work together as a team to support each other. The training is excellent and BrightCare is a business to be proud to work for.

Pros

Culture, welcome, exceptional and knowledgeable staff

Cons

None so far

1 June 2021
Thanks so much for your feedback. Our recruitment process allows us to discover talented individuals who truly align with our values, and who can thrive as part of a company where they feel a genuine sense of belonging. We then love to best equip each new member of staff with everything they need to do an amazing job, so we are glad to read how much you appreciate our recruitment process and training programme. We wish you an amazing career as part of our team!

I love working at Bright Care

I have been with Bright Care just over a year and I can't recommend working here more highly. I love coming to work every day!The company culture is spot on, the training is excellent, and there are good opportunities for progression.You don't feel like a number working at Bright Care, every one feels valued and appreciated.

Pros

Colleagues, amazing company culture, good management

20 May 2021
It is amazing to read how much you enjoy working at Bright Care. We promote a culture where everyone is positioned to provide their greatest contribution as part of our team, which means that there are always opportunities to learn new skills and grow. We ultimately aim to see everyone at Bright Care thriving in their roles, and we wish you a wonderful career journey with us!

Excellent company to work for

I have worked at Brightcare for over a year. I have found everyone totally supportive and friendly. I have got hours to suit my other commitments and this is important to me. There is always someone on hand to speak to if you have any problems. I get the impression that they are genuinely a very caring company. The training is also excellent, and there are opportunities to advance if that is what you are looking for. Would recommend to anyone to work there and would also happily have my own family members under their care.

Pros

Supportive, caring, accommodating

11 May 2021
It is fantastic to read your lovely feedback. The wellbeing of our workforce is of the utmost importance to us and your words resonate with what we daily strive for. We love seeing people thrive in their roles and unlock their potential through new opportunities. One of our core values is indeed that we are fully committed to each other's highest good, and we wish you a wonderful career journey as part of our family.

Communication

Communication, there is a great commitment between the management team and the employees. The company do their best to provide all the necessary PPE for the employees. Great place to work.

Pros

Travel expenses

Cons

Zero hour contracts

13 May 2021
Thank you kindly for your review. It is great to read how much you appreciate our communication and organisation around PPE as we work hard to ensure that our Bright Carers feel empowered to do an amazing job. Regarding the zero hour contract, we understand that it doesn't provide the level of stability that our exceptional workforce deserve, which is why we are moving towards offering more stable contractual terms. We hope this will make you feel even more valued and appreciated as part of our team.

Enjoyable part of the job

You build a relationship with your client and there is enough time on a shift to actually talk to them and work in a way that promotes good health in the community. The clients also enjoy continuous care and get to know their carers. A great team of colleagues is behind you to give support and advice.

Pros

Hours that fit in your situation

6 April 2021
Thank you kindly for your review. With visits from two hours, our Bright Carers can be there for those little moments in life, building and nurturing meaningful relationships with our clients, which is what makes them truly flourish in later years. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed building these relationships and that you felt part of a supportive team. All the best for your future career!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement