Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Great company and work ethics! I loved working at Bright Horizons at the Southgate branch it was a great team to work with and I did progress with the company. I originally worked for Bright Horizons for 5 years and could honestly say it has been one of the best nurseries I worked for.
Pros
Lovely team
Cons
Long hours, difficulty with finding a balance when studying
The nursery treats you well and understands your home life as this shows in me working for 4 days a week. I get great pay even with 4 days however you do long hours to make it up. I love working with the children and the staff are really supportive in my development and knows my future goals.
Pros
1 day off a week
Cons
This company cares for its staff and always encourages you to grow within the organisation.
I throughly enjoyed my time working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. I always felt that I could ask for help if needed. The staff were always very friendly and helpful too.
Pros
Great working environment. I always felt that I was part of the team.
Cons
Hectic at times.
Bright horizons are an awful company to work for. They do not care about mental wellbeing. They don't follow their own rules. Poor management with childish people in charge. It's like working in a school playground. I feel sorry for the poor families that use their services. Staff are just trampled on and not encouraged to move up the career ladder. Poor wages and just overall bad atmosphere all around. Disciplinaries not carried out in accordance to their own policies, one rule for one. You may get on alright if you make friends with management, otherwise they will treat you like dirt. Go and be valued somewhere else. Do not work for this money grabbing company
Cons
Very bad staff moral, management always over critical, never giving any positives. Awful management and team leaders that were absolute bullies. Nobody cares about you as a person. A work place that you feel stress as soon as you enter the premise. It looks attractive at the out but the staff has no respect at all. Makes you feel you not part of them and not a very clean environment. They do not care about mental wellbeing. They don't follow their own rules. Poor wages and just overall bad atmosphere all around. Disciplinaries not carried out in accordance to their own policies. You may get on alright if you make friends with management, otherwise they will treat you like dirt. Management have clear favourites. You don’t get any recognition for the hard work you do. They like to state they stand by the heart principles but they don’t. Would not recommend if you’re an honest, kind hearted, hard worker.
Cons
There are a handful of senior people in the business who genuinely care about you, but to the rest you are simply a number. The staff in the nurseries are amazing and it’s what makes the place a good place to work but the ones above the managers simply don’t care about the staff unfortunately.
Pros
Training
Cons
Senior managers
Cons
I met some great people and families at my time at Bright Horizons but the conditions in which I worked in were unsafe. Lone working was deemed acceptable even when caring for young babies which in turn left myself and my colleagues extremely stressed and anxious. It was very heartbreaking to work for a company that cared more about the money rather than the welfare of their children and team. Disgrace to the Early Years sector.
Pros
Pay higher than most, training oppurtunities
Cons
Unsafe working conditions, working out of ratio and alone with children!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
Sorry but the company is disorganised and if you’re new you will not hear from them unless you keep ringing. Staff at certain nurseries are rude to staff and sometimes the children
Pros
Flexible with time
Cons
Fake friendly
Nos daban mucha libertad para trabajar con los niños. Aceptaban ideas y sugerencias. El material que se dispone y los espacios de trabajo son excelentes.
Cons
Horarios rotativos por semanas
Having worked for another nursery for almost 2 years and moving to bright horizons as a company it was such a positive change. Staff are amazing and know what they are doing and management are excellent. I’m actually studying early childhood education and care at university and hoping to come back and work for them again!
Pros
Employee schemes, awards evening, staff appreciation, staff meetings
Cons
Long hours, can be over bearing in terms of paperwork
I recently left my position as Nursery Nurse at the Barrow Bright Horizons nursery, over my 4 1/2 years of employment there i learned lots of new skills and built up my confidence a huge amount thanks to the help from the team. The nursery manager is very helpful and supportive with anything you may need.
If you value your mental health then do not approach this company for a job and if you are unfortunate to be already working for them I suggest you sort out your cv and put yourself out there.
Pros
The end of each day.
Cons
Heart principles, Family values etc they always spouting on about.....Complete nonsense, Not worth the paper they are written on. Certainly don't practice what they preach.
Within my 2 1/2 years working at Bright Horizons Barrow I have met the best group of work colleagues who are friendly and support each other. The Barrow nursery manager is helpful and kind to each and every staff member, she always provides her help and support when needed. The staff are caring and make the nursery a happy environment to work in. (only left this position as I felt it’s time to move onto a new career and new challenges).
The company does not listen to its staff, they have strange ideas on how a business should be run. Hostile unhelpful management, the place is depressing, and it gets you down.Everyone hates it, nobody speaks the truth, and many leave in the end. If you want to keep your sanity, then avoid at all costs.you have to do everything, they will treat you like a dog's body, and the holiday request is an utter joke. This place is a joke. Run by cowboys, and everyone thinks they know best about a child's welfare, when sadly more often than not, they get it completely wrong.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
If you have a supportive line manager then it’s a great company to work for, if you don’t then you don’t get very far at all. No loyalties to their staff what so ever. Higher management have clear favourites. You don’t get any recognition for the hard work you do. They like to state they stand by the heart principles but they don’t. Would not recommend if you’re an honest, kind hearted, hard worker.
Pros
Lovely families, some great colleagues, pay is better than most
Cons
Long hours, no recognition for hard work, not an honest company
I’ve been in the company for 3 years. The management change several times but at the end is exactly the same, looking for their own interests and for them be comfortable and off from the rooms. Not supporting at all, 0 help and always with same excuses for everything. The company is just interested on the money, doesn’t care at all what happens to the staff (or even children, because the resources and food are so poor). Bad management of covid19 situation. Rooms without room manager or room manager part time, most of the staff unqualified, no happy, bad pay (nearly minimum wage), any benefits, mentally very hard... But children and families are so nice.
Pros
Nice families and children
Cons
Long days, stressful, any support...
Pros
The end of each day.
Cons
Great place to work. Loved my time working at Bright Horizons head office. You worked hard and played hard. Very supportive management when I worked there. I supported the Nursery Managers, and can honestly say it was a pleasure to work with each and everyone.
Pros
Lovely people to work with. Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, but did not mind