Bright Horizons Family Solutions logo
Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 307 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,517 reviews

Amazing, supportive colleagues at Barrow nursery

The best thing about bright horizons is the fantastic, friendly and supportive team at B. H. Barrow in furness. The management team there are extremely approachable and supportive to your role and compassionate about your family needs. The team is really a big family and all help each other, and a pleasure to work with

Pros

Supportive immediate team

Cons

Corporate company

Catty!

Hated it staff were so clicky and catty. Unless you were a long standing staff member you get spoken down too and made to do rubbish jobs. No time to do learning journey and always working overtime. Really catty and horrible people

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Environment

Unsupportive management

Management were terrible during the pandemic. No ppe until cases started to rise, uncertain social distance safety measures. As long as they’re okey, screw the rest type attitude.

Pros

Free lunch with the children if there’s enough left over!

Cons

Overworked, unsupportive management

Not a great place to work

I have worked for this company for 4 years and it’s such a shame I have more negatives to say instead of positives, but first I would like to write a couple of positives for my time working for this company (site also) I loved cooking for the children that was probably something that actually made me happy and made me feel motivated about coming into work. Meeting some nice staff members I could actually trust and got along with. Now moving onto the negatives during my time working for bright Horizons I was under appreciated even when I started off as a kitchen assistant and also worked hard for when I got the chef role, that meaning I was always looked down upon like I didn’t know how to do my job, I had some staff members talk to me in a rude manner when I would be nothing but respectful back, I would come In earlier before my shift would start mainly because when I took over the chef role I wasn’t getting support and still had to cook for two nurseries while doing my new chef role and old kitchen assistant role, no effort was put into finding a kitchen assistant for me until a kitchen assistant from another nursery transferred over but that didn’t happen for a long time so i still had to beg for help from management or just get on with it especially when extra pressure was put on me when numbers was going up. Ridiculous kitchen to work In no air con (windows even) the space of the kitchen was awful it didn’t even feel like I was cooking in a kitchen half the time. Don’t get me started on the menus, menus and food overall was awful not even child friendly… if certain foods -

Pros

Having weekends off

Cons

Not supportive management bad pay favouritism

The most toxic workplace ever

From Managers to staff members, competition is the work culture. Behind a mask of "the great workplace to be in" there is an undermining, unorganised and toxic environment. Starting work at 7.15 am and ending at 6.30pm is stressful enough, but when you have to interact with deluded lazy practitioners and a rude deputy manager that pretend to manage the setting (and in a very bad way) it's just horrible. In almost 6 months I have not learnt anything that added value to my CV and nothing was enjoyable. Staff attitude is "I am here for the monies but I don't give a ...... " showing no caring attitude towards children!It is a shame to see such a waste of space.... this lovely setting could be really used to support children's learning and it is used to get children in..... quantity instead of quality..... ! I hated every minute of my work in this really bad place. If you are creative, passionate, professional, honest, collaborative, competent in childcare please please please GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Pros

location

Cons

long hours, competitive and discriminatory atmosphere

Not fun place to work, extremely stressful. Don’t recommend it!

I feel this is the worse company to work for. Does have a big name for child care industries where parents pay a lot of money and for the quality is awful and the way management work with the staff is unfairly and they treat some staff with respect and some with not respect at all. Is a shame because was such a good company when I started it but I realised every day is a big challenge and the environment at work is ridiculous and completely stressful. Too many children and not enough staff.Don’t recommend anyone to work on this company.

Pros

Support the children in all ages groups.

Cons

Money, not flexible, very poor management

Really nice and always room for growth

I worked at the bright horizon nursery at Wandsworth (on the hill) as bank staff , I chose my own hours so I could fit it in around my children, which was great. They pay is not that great but there’s always room for growth which can increase pay eventually. Also they have a lot of training available which is also great and wonderful and welcoming staff there. I definitely will return

Pros

Feel welcomed, can choose your own hours

Cons

Low wage

Productive and fun workplace

Great company and work ethics! I loved working at Bright Horizons at the Southgate branch it was a great team to work with and I did progress with the company. I originally worked for Bright Horizons for 5 years and could honestly say it has been one of the best nurseries I worked for.

Pros

Lovely team

Cons

Long hours, difficulty with finding a balance when studying

The nursery treats you well and understands your home life as this shows in me working for 4 days a week. I get great pay even with 4 days however you do long hours to make it up. I love working with the children and the staff are really supportive in my development and knows my future goals.

Pros

1 day off a week

Best workplace ever!!

This company cares for its staff and always encourages you to grow within the organisation.

Jobs at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

See more jobs

Fun and happy work place!

I throughly enjoyed my time working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. I always felt that I could ask for help if needed. The staff were always very friendly and helpful too.

Pros

Great working environment. I always felt that I was part of the team.

Cons

Hectic at times.

Wouldn’t recommend working for this company

Bright horizons are an awful company to work for. They do not care about mental wellbeing. They don't follow their own rules. Poor management with childish people in charge. It's like working in a school playground. I feel sorry for the poor families that use their services. Staff are just trampled on and not encouraged to move up the career ladder. Poor wages and just overall bad atmosphere all around. Disciplinaries not carried out in accordance to their own policies, one rule for one. You may get on alright if you make friends with management, otherwise they will treat you like dirt. Go and be valued somewhere else. Do not work for this money grabbing company

Absolutely disappointed

Very bad staff moral, management always over critical, never giving any positives. Awful management and team leaders that were absolute bullies. Nobody cares about you as a person. A work place that you feel stress as soon as you enter the premise. It looks attractive at the out but the staff has no respect at all. Makes you feel you not part of them and not a very clean environment. They do not care about mental wellbeing. They don't follow their own rules. Poor wages and just overall bad atmosphere all around. Disciplinaries not carried out in accordance to their own policies. You may get on alright if you make friends with management, otherwise they will treat you like dirt. Management have clear favourites. You don’t get any recognition for the hard work you do. They like to state they stand by the heart principles but they don’t. Would not recommend if you’re an honest, kind hearted, hard worker.

Wouldn’t recommend working for this company

There are a handful of senior people in the business who genuinely care about you, but to the rest you are simply a number. The staff in the nurseries are amazing and it’s what makes the place a good place to work but the ones above the managers simply don’t care about the staff unfortunately.

Pros

Training

Cons

Senior managers

Focused on money making rather than caring about families

Unsafe conditions

I met some great people and families at my time at Bright Horizons but the conditions in which I worked in were unsafe. Lone working was deemed acceptable even when caring for young babies which in turn left myself and my colleagues extremely stressed and anxious. It was very heartbreaking to work for a company that cared more about the money rather than the welfare of their children and team. Disgrace to the Early Years sector.

Pros

Pay higher than most, training oppurtunities

Cons

Unsafe working conditions, working out of ratio and alone with children!!

Not as organised

Sorry but the company is disorganised and if you’re new you will not hear from them unless you keep ringing. Staff at certain nurseries are rude to staff and sometimes the children

Pros

Flexible with time

Cons

Fake friendly

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Nos daban mucha libertad para trabajar con los niños. Aceptaban ideas y sugerencias. El material que se dispone y los espacios de trabajo son excelentes.

Cons

Horarios rotativos por semanas

Amazing workplace really enjoyed working here

Having worked for another nursery for almost 2 years and moving to bright horizons as a company it was such a positive change. Staff are amazing and know what they are doing and management are excellent. I’m actually studying early childhood education and care at university and hoping to come back and work for them again!

Pros

Employee schemes, awards evening, staff appreciation, staff meetings

Cons

Long hours, can be over bearing in terms of paperwork

Lovely team to work with (Barrow in Furness)

I recently left my position as Nursery Nurse at the Barrow Bright Horizons nursery, over my 4 1/2 years of employment there i learned lots of new skills and built up my confidence a huge amount thanks to the help from the team. The nursery manager is very helpful and supportive with anything you may need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement