Bright Horizons

Bright Horizons Employee Reviews

I have learnt how to deal with SEN children and also I had minimum 150 online and in practice training about all aspect of childcare. I started my apprenticeship level 3 course and mostly finished. Workplace culture has provided for all ideas and opinion as most of people were happy and didn't had any concern about their background. I am applying for another job because recently my hours is reduced and I need to be full time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late sfiffts
Bright Horizons have all these motivational sayings, policies etc. which look good on paper but in reality aren't actually followed. They are a global brand who only care about FTE's and making money. We're told we're more than just a number, but thats a lie! Staff with mental health issues are given print outs to read and left to get on with it!They talk about professional development and having regular supervisions with managers. Yeah, that doesn't happen. I don't find I've actually ever had a supervision in my 7 years. As for 1-1's and appraisals, I've had one. My manger is constantly busy dealing with other things, than actually supporting the staff. Health and safety has gone mad, to the point most of the day is filling out paperwork and takes us away from what should be the most important part, they children. Resources are limited and strict policies mean that the staff lack motivation to come up with new exciting experiences, as we're always told no.
Pros
Watching the children develop
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no support
There is no policy for the day to day roles, so selected members of staff do as they please. However, if I try to do something which was correct, they will always disagree with my ideas.
Amazing company to work for. Lots of training and opportunity. Lots of in house training. Worked with some amazing people in lots of different nursery’s. A big support team.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not always room to progress when ready
Large outstanding nursery, high expectations and fast paced. One of the main qualities is how diverse the nursery is, through children and staff. Standards are very high, therefore the pressure is sometimes overwhelming.
Pros
Excellent rates of pay. Annual Awards of Excellence evening, all paid for, a meal, awards and a disco in a hotel. Staff appreciation month (usually in June)
Cons
Long hours, not always guaranteed to get out on time.
Workload very high, I worked mainly weight bank staff as the permanent staff kept leaving new one coming leaving again. Haven't had a pay rise in about 4 years, I felt very unappreciated while working there.
Great company when it comes to training and within some of the other branches when it comes to oppurtunities to try new things. Shame at this particular branch when they got a new manager it changed to if your face fits and your mates with them then you'll progress even if you're rubbish at the job but if your best interests are doing what's best for the kids rather than wasting time skiving by kissing behinds at reception then you'll be treated like a dogs body with no credit for it whatsoever while the friends get the credit for all youre hard work.
Management and upper management don't care about employees at all! You are just a number in a room to them. If there are any problems in your room don't count on management to deal with it because they will not!