brighterkind

brighterkind Employee Reviews

Loved working for them however very short as the home transitioned to another owner where it all went wrong. Brighterkind themselves for the short time I was ghee were professional and helpful
Worked through an agency, no covid protection procedures in place, felt extremely unsafe and uncared for ,only exploited. Could not wait to leave, understaffed due to covid19.
Got to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had.I worked with fantastic staff but the regional manager treated staff and spoke to them appallingly and when staff complained it was covered up and dismissed by those that were meant to investigate
Pros
Great staff
Cons
CEO out of touch COO does not listen
productive and fun work place, I'm happy working with the company they make sure the residents are well taking of. And the carers and the kitchen term members are hard working term.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Shift and long hours
Management does not support their employees, and the volume of work is huge, under staffed most times, if you can choose I wouldn’t recommend this company
Very good company. Excellent culture and team development. Very supportive and prompt to deal with any problems that may occur day to day in the business.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a manager with brighterkind. I was treated well, given the resources to do my job and supported throughout. I would gladly work with them again.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
it was stressful and tiring. Majority of the time we were short staffed for the sake of cutting costs and the residents were most affected. The manager of the home was also very rude and lack common human understanding and lacked compassion. the staff were also not welcoming and very un pleasant to be around. Many times i’d find myself crying on my breaks because of the treatment i was receiving.
It's like working with a bullseye on your back where everyone doesn't adere 100% to the health care policies and procedures and still on the watch out for glass ceilings.
I’ve been working for Brighterkind for over a year and I enjoy what I do, everyday is different and I have a supportive manager and colleagues around me. Always happy when I’m in work and I love and adore the residents I can for. This is what we do and why we work in this industry yes at times it can be stressful but with a supportive manager and senior team it makes the job easier.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at brighterkind?
This is by far the worst place I have ever worked, days against night and nights against day, horrendous place for bullying the manger makes you feel uncomfortable he lives in the home, I feel sorry for the residents one off the main reason I left because off the residents and how they was treated, plus bullying every shift constantly being pulled in office because people slag you off behind your back, long standing members have there say and the newbies are treated like dirt
It’s supposed to be collaborative but a lot of egos in this company , didn’t want to listen to anyone from the top down bullying is rife . And no one listened when it’s reported
JobWhen I was there management was very bad. Some of the staff was friendly some on them was very bad not helping you and they force you to overwork. I woul recomand to work there only in some circumstances. About pay is not very good compare with average in that zone.
Staff opinions dont matter. Your employer to do 1 job but end up covering around 3 jobs & not appreciated for it just expected to do more. By the end of a shift you feel like you have been hit by a bus. You aren't given the time per resident to do your job fully to the standard you should so you end up feeling awful emotionally as well.
always understaffed, being pulled off your own job to cover in other departments then put under stress because you haven't reached targets for your own job. Always expected to go 'the extra mile' with no recognition or thanks for this. upper management tells you that you work for the company not where you are based, so you are sent to work miles from home if they want you to, even though it has a huge impact on your quality of life and work balance. and mental health, they do not care. Regional manager shouts at you like you are a naughty child, very unprofessional. The activities are very prescriptive and restrict creativity in some ways as there are targets for certain activities that have to be met, they do not always reflect the needs and capabilities of the residents you are working with. You can be creative within the themes set but you have to maintain the 'hotel' look of the home so are unable to display a lot of what the residents produce in arts and crafts, its all hidden away for appearance's sake. The company wins awards for its culture and team building but it's easy to put a fantastic presentation together but on the floor, the teams are exhausted covering extra shifts to make up for lack of staff, morale is low, sickness is high and people are always leaving and yet there is a reluctance to employ agency workers to help out. The positives are that the team I work with is amazing, we pull together and try our best to make lives brilliant for the residents.
I have worked for this company for over 4 years it never grew and moved forward to aspire to deliver quality care. Staff levels are at bare minimum and agency is refused by the senior management. How can you provide quality care on below staffing level. Sadly values are not respected and the company is only interested is budgets and profit. Re active company rather than proactively maintenance of the home results in often large costs almost la
Generally look like they care but don't, cant find money to fix anything. The lift broke down and would not allow the repair, even when this placed people at risk. The entire company should be disbanded and all the senior managers blacklisted from working in care. They give care services a bed name.
The staff had an attitude problem with new people starting at the care home. Some of the carers all went on break at the same time leaving at least 1 person on the floor to do 26 patients, taking longer on there breaks then they should be
Home Run by the chef not the manager more of a dictatorship very clicky and unrealistic expectations, conveyorbelt care unpaid breaks but not allowed to leave site on break.
Bullying and Harrassment Policy is a "how to" guide for senior managers. Appalling vile culture of malicious behaviour towards hard working people wanting the best for residents. Dont dare try and make a complaint. Dismissive disregard to complainant and circle of friends close ranks to applaud and protect in equal measure ensuring longevity of reign of terror.
This type of work is fast paced but very rewarding .Staff worked well as a team.Regular training given and a chance to progress further if you wish to do so.I would recommend working for this company I really enjoyed my time with brighterkind
  1. Employee reviews