Bristol Community Health logo
Bristol Community Health

Bristol Community Health Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Supportive, caring place to work

Well looked after by management and my team, lots of opportunities to learn and seek additional training. Management supportive of staff advancements.

Awful

If you want to experience bullying and toxic management then work for BCH. The best thing I did was leave, no support and no leadership. Just low grade “managers”, that wouldn’t survive anywhere else. A really poor team, clicky, gossip was rife! And a band 6 that encouraged it. Vile!

Excellent place to work

Undeniably the best job I’ve held to date. Inspiring management, who worked on building people up. Excellent work life balance, wonderful office space.

Great company

Really supportive culture, wonderful team and learning ethos. Regular training and culture of having pride in doing your job and putting the patient first striving for the best.

If your face fits you’ll get on.

Awful management, inexperienced. Can be extremely political. Head of Healthcare doesn’t have a clue. Had never worked in a healthcare environment previously. How can be lead a healthcare team with no experience. Lots of favourites. Not open to challenge or new ways of working. Only worked via Agency but would not work full time for them.

Pros

Can earn via Agency

Cons

Too political, not nexperienced management.

Fabulous place to work and great company to work for!

Worked with very professional,caring colleagues. Ethos is to place patient first but BCH also looks after it's employees v well. Lots of clinical areas to get involved with,always lots to do but team I worked with was outstanding for support.

Excellent support of staff

Lovely place to work, with an excellent culture of supporting their staff, encouraging growth and progression. I have learnt huge amounts about IT and Healthcare in my time here.

Zero leadership

Poor management and refusal to change and adapt. Typical NHS. Only good thing is the flexitime and being able to work from home (sometimes). Very political in the office.

Supportive environment

BCH are a well eatablished health care provider in Bristol. They are supportive towards staff and have a commitment in promoting staff career development.

Pros

Wlb

Productive and friendly place to work

Never a dull moment as there was always plenty to do. From month end down to reconciliation of the general accounts and overseeing the finance side of the payroll processes. Gave me an insight as to how the health service works. The best part of the job was building good working relationships with internal customers and knowing that they appreciated your help with solving their problems.

Pros

Friendly environment with good work personal life balance

Cons

No opportunity to move up the pay scale therefore no payrise

Very friendly place to work and gained a lot of experience.

This company is a great employer and I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for them. They are very supportive and training is excellent so you are able to do you job to the best of your ability.

Great work satisfaction.

Working in the demanding public sector is rewarding and hard work but gives great satisfaction. Bristol Community Health gives great support.

Pros

Job Satisfaction

Cons

Job Security

great company

I would commute all over Bristol to obtain blood samples from patients that are unable to get to their local surgery due to being housebound.

Pros

great hours that suited my family

Cons

travelling to bristol and back everyday