British Solar Renewables

Working at British Solar Renewables: 9 British Solar Renewables Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Short term contract - thrown in at the deep end

Short term contract so I was only with the company for a few months. Very much a grab it and run with it position. No training so you had to work things out for yourself although email contact given if really stuck. Since this is the sort of thing I thrive on, it didn't bother me and was probably why I got the position. Co-workers were generally easy to get along with and were happy to leave me to things since I was there to take the strain off them. Never slow to give praise where it was deserved which was always appreciated. I would work for the company again

Cutting edge business with great focus on employee wellbeing

The company has a great team with strong work ethic, with a highly positive focus on people (benefits, progression etc.) The business is well placed in the industry with a green and sustainable future.

Pros

Positive work environment

Supportive and productive workplace

British Solar Renewables has opened a door into HR for me, I had no experience in the sector but they took a chance on me. I have been here 4 months, it is a supportive, friendly and productive place to work. Everyone works together towards the same end goal.

An exciting place to work!

The company really care about their staff. They encourage progression and offer lots of opportunities for training. It's great to be part of such an exciting, ambitious business.

Pros

Private health care, career progression, relaxed culture

terrible

I was given work here but was treated unfairly. as they were starting up with the office there were no tables and just chairs to sit in. i got to print documents, laminate, and photo copy

Cons

the base was hard to get to

disappointed

A typical days work was in the office laminating, photo copying printing ect I wasn't given enough time to adjust before I was sacked unfairly. Was told that i wasn't needed anymore and that they got another girl

Team work

No day is the same, timing, the management is really helpful, the people I work with are really nice people. lots of walking around the site. When I have finished each day and everything is clean.

Pros

I am looked after

Cons

Very muddy building site

Great workforce, poor management

A normal day saw us shift many tonnes of steel by hand, out across various fields. I learned that unless you have the right management, hard work will be overlooked regardless of how good a job you did. Co-workers were fantastic, great group of blokes always willing to give a hand if they were free, or some advice when needed. Hardest part of the job was the long hours which saw you get home late, tired and only wanting to sleep, thus free time was a premium. Most enjoyable part was the decent pay every fortnight.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours, hard conditions, physically demanding work.

unsociable hell

travel too far from home, poorly managed and everything was poorly built, most enjoyable part was going home

Pros

Cons

long hours, horrid conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Solar Renewables. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement