Broadacres Housing Association Ltd

Broadacres Housing Association Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews

God acres housing association

Well capable of my trade and associated trades but it was put under lots of pressure. As an agency joiner I think all I wanted to do was recoup their money and they just want somebody who is bish bash bosh.. not somebody who cares about their work

Disjointed company

Very chaotic job with so many top priorities it becomes confusing. Too many people sending instructions rather than doing the job themselves. Not given enough time to concentrate on the core role, with individuals in the organisation unwilling to listen and make changes.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor leadership at Director level

Excellent company

I enjoy working at the company, it is the best move I made for my career. The team and management are very friendly and i have the opportunity to develop

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Good company

Good rate of pay and benefits lots of opportunities to develop your career , good holidays and pension plus plenty of overtime available. Overall a good company to work for.

Horrible place to work

When I went to work at Broadacres everyone said it was a great place to work and how you were looked after, how wrong those people were! They dont listen to people, some management take advantage of their position and talk to people like they are nothing. If your face doesnt fit they make your life a misery & treat you badly. It's not a very nice place to work if you have a brain and want to make improvements they knock your confidence, make you feel incompetent. A bunch of bullies!

Pros

Free tea/coffee

Cons

They dont listen to people working on the ground

Great place to work. Plenty of training and rewarding work

Worked for Broadacres for 3 years and is the best place I've worked. Friendly colleagues and approachable managers. I would recommend Broadacres to anyone and have several times.

A really good company to work for!

From my interview, throughout my onboarding and into my employment with Broadacres I have been treat with nothing but respect and integrity. I have only been with the organisation under a year but I am so pleased I made the move here. Unlike other companies I have worked for you feel valued and you're not just treat like a number or a cog in the machine, you and your opinions matter at Broadacres! There is a very positive workplace culture that transcends all employee levels and the organisation's mission and values are worked towards by the entire workforce. I cannot stress enough how kind and helpful everyone who works here is. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do, but I have never seen the "façade" drop with any employees - which goes to show this attitude is not just an act! Everyone here acts with empathy, passion and respect towards internal/external customers. I was looking for more of a challenge in my role and I have certainly found that. I am learning and developing my skills and knowledge base and I am exposed to more than in previous roles which makes me feel as though I am trusted, valued and appreciated. I am given a lot of responsibility and freedom in my position. It gives me pride to work for an organisation that has such a positive effect on people's lives. I would highly recommend Broadacres Housing Association as an employer.

Really good people, friendly and passionate. Really fair and great opportunities. The team at Broadacres are all really passionate and are always trying to improve what they do. People are listened to.

Best place i've ever worked

Worked at Broadacres over 6/7 year and I can honestly say I never want to leave. Currently going through some major changes but they are certainly looking positive. Great bunch of engineers always willing to help each other.

Pros

Flexible working and overtime available

Cons

Excellant place of work, really caring and good prospects

Worked here over a year and it really is a great place to work, every day is a chance to make a difference in peoples lifes. Flexi time and overtime is available giving a great work/life balance. If your looking for job satisfaction and and a fair rate of pay, with great benefits, consider Broadcares.

Pros

Job Satisfaction

Cons

Non

IT Department Business Support

I worked here for a number of years and can only say that it was a completely demoralising and detrimental experience. The job might be okay if you are similar in personality type to the managers but if you have any kind of empathy or intelligence I would suggest you take your talent and skills to somewhere people appreciate you. Really bad. 1 star 🌟 review.

Pros

Free coffee but don't dare to put the milk on your cereal.

Cons

The management, do as I say and then they do as they want.

would never work for them again

exposed to asbestos daily,would never recomend any one work for this corrupt company. loved my job but bullied out of it,great set of lads they go through lots of tradesmen every year

if your face doesnt fit you wont last long

corrupt management. lads are sound. very much us and them. would not recommend all trades are coming and going. their asbestos management is horrendous. prepare to be treated like a child. have to shave constantly.

Pros

take the van home

Cons

constantly hassled over the tracker (speeding even at 31mph)

A busy place with an interesting workload

Managed the in house team of various trades and coordinating the planned works on housing association maintenance of kitchens and bathrooms. Covering sick leave. Most of my day was spent out on site returning at the end of the day to review and up date the programme of works. I worked what ever hours the job demanded I and was happy to do so.

Pros

Always kept busy

Cons

Great organisation to work for

Very emotionally demanding job role but also very rewarding. Great working environment and facilities. Typical day would be arrange one's own diary, attending support session and then inputting all relevant information upon return to the office.

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

Sometimes long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Broadacres Housing Association Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement