Broadlands Hall

Broadlands Hall Work-life balance reviews

Ratings by categoryClear
Long hours, management needs improving... Good experience working with young adults.. Activities and meals are paid. Training needs to be updated on regular basis.. Staff need more support.
Pros
Good Training: paid activities:
Cons
Long hours: sleep inn:
The children are brilliant to work with. I loved working there. Only thing I would say is that I wasn’t paid enough for what I did and there wasn’t much opportunity to progress. Overall I would recommend working here.
Pros
The children, free lunch, good resources
Cons
Sometimes long hours, pay is not great
Always running on incorrect staff to children ratios. Lack of knowledge and understanding for the young people’s needs, lack of training and supervisions means staff are not equipped to care for the young people in accordance with their basic needs. Staff put in dangerous situations without adequate physical intervention training. Lack of support from management, (management rarely there) when dealing with challenging situations. No debriefs for staff or young people. Policies and procedures are not enforced by senior staff members, mobile phone usage in particular! Long hours and no breaks makes this a very unhealthy place to work. Never a word of gratitude or appreciation given to those few staff that work incredible hard, no wonder there is such a high staff turnover.
Pros
Caring for the young people
Cons
Very poor management and leadership.
The RCCO's do not get enough support at Broadlands Hall. For the hard work and situations we go through other workers agree that we are underpaid. There is not enough specialised training given so there service users are not getting the best support offered.
Pros
Free food and trips out.
Cons
long hours, indecent vehicles.