Bromley Healthcare

Bromley Healthcare Employee Reviews

Area and patients are lovely. But it’s a shame that management are not as lovely. Working all day without breaks You’re very likely to burnout. When issues are escalated don’t expect any support or positive outcomes.
Pros
Gaining primary care experience
Cons
Unsafe, no breaks, lack of support
This is a great place to work if you want to receive zero training and zero support from colleagues and management. It is run on the good will of the ‘shop floor’ staff who, in my conversations with many, are mostly looking for better employment elsewhere.I believe that bromley healthcare is a organisation with a short shelf life that has overstretched itself and will not be around for ever. If you want to work within the healthcare sector I would recommend working for the NHS and not a company providing services for the NHS. You are more likely to actually be treated correctly and have a career as this is not possible at Bromley Healthcare unless you are part of the tight nit clique that runs the organisation.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
Very racist, poor management, not a place of work for ethnic minority. Your work is never appreciated, doesn't matter how long you've work for them. Managers gossips all the time about their staff. Your opinion don't count.
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Not a place of work for ethnic minority, your work is never appreciated, managers gossips all the time about their staff.
The staff are expected to work on bank basis and sometimes not get paid because managers are unfit in signing it off. Happened to me few times. Safeguarding of staff from patient abuse needs over viewing.
It was great working on reception with one other colleague and we helped out the Phlebotomy department, I loved working as part of a team. As time went on there were changes and staffing levels reduced to cut costs.
Colleagues are great, patients are great. Management is poor, lack of opportunities. Poor organisation. Too many senior managers. Under appreciated staff.
No induction, no support, very stressful and demanding, no safety measures in place for community nurses, lack of communication, team work is disappointing
pleasant working days, good peer support, team work was very supportive, opportunity for training and development was available. The work environment was flexible and created space for reviews, appraisal and reflextion
I have worked for BHC for over 5 years, starting on the bank and now in a permanent position. There is great internal promotion/ career progression opportunities and the management is always looking to support you. CEO has an open door policy and the whole exec team welcome feedback from staff improvement, I really feel that my voice is heard.
Pros
great progression, staff feel listened do and drive changes, always focused on delivering high quality patient care
I have gained a lot of confidence and gained so many skills since being here at Bromley Healthcare. The staff and management have been nothing but supportive towards me and really listen to my ideas and feedback. Highly recommend if you want to do some work experience- great way to carrying on learning while earning money :)
People of colour Do not do well here at all! This is not the NHS! It's a lot worse. Unless you are a friend or family member of the hierarchy stay away from this place if you value yourself, your career progression and family.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Management, praise and progression. Very institutionalized.
Lack of training, poor management,high level of staff turnover, favouritism not enough ethnic diversity in management positions, unorganised and under staffed.
Pros
At times work available
Cons
all of the above
Agency staff outnumber substantive. Don't expect toil or to get paid overtime. Unsafe/impossible lists, no breaks, finishing late. If you value your home life and care about standards of care leave this one well alone.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, unsupportive managers.
A typical day would be taking out a list of patients,and prioritizing workload. I learnt how to effectively manage my time and how to problem solve on my feet. The job enabled me to gather a vast clinical skill set and each day was different.
Pros
Good peers and colleagues
Cons
Unacceptable workload
Starting work at 08.00 with caseload management and allocation of patients. Advanced nurse practitioner receives referrals for screening and allocates as they come. The day continues with patient assessment and treatment in the community. Communication is maintained via telephones with the team,GPs, patient and relatives.
Pros
Good work experiences gained everyday
Cons
Long busy hours