Bromley Healthcare

Bromley Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

What a shame !!

Area and patients are lovely. But it’s a shame that management are not as lovely. Working all day without breaks You’re very likely to burnout. When issues are escalated don’t expect any support or positive outcomes.

Pros

Gaining primary care experience

Cons

Unsafe, no breaks, lack of support

Awful

Staff don’t work as a team, management don’t care nurses are overworked. Advertising top bad five pay, they don’t even pay their staff that now. Always working over clinical hours, never paid extra or no one wants to hear you ask for toil. Seeing 12-20 patients a day. Can’t be legal. Patients are suffering from the lack of nurses/overworked ones and no continuity of care.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Be careful

The management do not know what they are doing and are really disorganized. It is hard to get clear answers as nobody appeared to know what they were doing. I personal found the whole process of Holly banks very stressful

No support, no training

This is a great place to work if you want to receive zero training and zero support from colleagues and management. It is run on the good will of the ‘shop floor’ staff who, in my conversations with many, are mostly looking for better employment elsewhere.I believe that bromley healthcare is a organisation with a short shelf life that has overstretched itself and will not be around for ever. If you want to work within the healthcare sector I would recommend working for the NHS and not a company providing services for the NHS. You are more likely to actually be treated correctly and have a career as this is not possible at Bromley Healthcare unless you are part of the tight nit clique that runs the organisation.

Pros

Non

Cons

Many

Very Racist Company- not a place of work for ethnic minority

Very racist, poor management, not a place of work for ethnic minority. Your work is never appreciated, doesn't matter how long you've work for them. Managers gossips all the time about their staff. Your opinion don't count.

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Not a place of work for ethnic minority, your work is never appreciated, managers gossips all the time about their staff.

Needs improvement

The staff are expected to work on bank basis and sometimes not get paid because managers are unfit in signing it off. Happened to me few times. Safeguarding of staff from patient abuse needs over viewing.

Nice staff in admin department

It was great working on reception with one other colleague and we helped out the Phlebotomy department, I loved working as part of a team. As time went on there were changes and staffing levels reduced to cut costs.

Stress

Low pay, high stress, the ratio of the workload to the hours worked was disproportionate and was stressful, the management were un-supportive and will work you to the bone, my manager for the stop smoking service would talk about me to other colleagues whilst i was sitting there and talk over me like i wasn't there but would expect me to work when no one else was (e.g xmas) was a very stressful environment and i left as soon as i could but was made to feel as though i was not welcome

Managment

Colleagues are great, patients are great. Management is poor, lack of opportunities. Poor organisation. Too many senior managers. Under appreciated staff.

Very unsupportive

No induction, no support, very stressful and demanding, no safety measures in place for community nurses, lack of communication, team work is disappointing

productive work place, good peer support, opportunity for training and development

pleasant working days, good peer support, team work was very supportive, opportunity for training and development was available. The work environment was flexible and created space for reviews, appraisal and reflextion

over work no overtime, Some work colleagues are nice

Over work, lack of respect from the management. some work colleagues are nice. work life balance poor. pay is very low. Good for the start but no future prospect for nurses.

Great progression and supportive staff

I have worked for BHC for over 5 years, starting on the bank and now in a permanent position. There is great internal promotion/ career progression opportunities and the management is always looking to support you. CEO has an open door policy and the whole exec team welcome feedback from staff improvement, I really feel that my voice is heard.

Pros

great progression, staff feel listened do and drive changes, always focused on delivering high quality patient care

Good place for work experience and supportive staff

I have gained a lot of confidence and gained so many skills since being here at Bromley Healthcare. The staff and management have been nothing but supportive towards me and really listen to my ideas and feedback. Highly recommend if you want to do some work experience- great way to carrying on learning while earning money :)

Don't do it to yourself

People of colour Do not do well here at all! This is not the NHS! It's a lot worse. Unless you are a friend or family member of the hierarchy stay away from this place if you value yourself, your career progression and family.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Management, praise and progression. Very institutionalized.

Bank administrator

Lack of training, poor management,high level of staff turnover, favouritism not enough ethnic diversity in management positions, unorganised and under staffed.

Pros

At times work available

Cons

all of the above

No work/life balance. Unpaid overtime, no breaks, unsupportive management

Agency staff outnumber substantive. Don't expect toil or to get paid overtime. Unsafe/impossible lists, no breaks, finishing late. If you value your home life and care about standards of care leave this one well alone.

Pros

Cons

No work/life balance, unsupportive managers.

working at Bromley Healthcare

Terrible Management and horrible colleagues, however the service users are absolutely lovely and will keep you going.The hours are long and can be tiring sometime.

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

A typical day would be taking out a list of patients,and prioritizing workload. I learnt how to effectively manage my time and how to problem solve on my feet. The job enabled me to gather a vast clinical skill set and each day was different.

Pros

Good peers and colleagues

Cons

Unacceptable workload

Busy and very demanding

Starting work at 08.00 with caseload management and allocation of patients. Advanced nurse practitioner receives referrals for screening and allocates as they come. The day continues with patient assessment and treatment in the community. Communication is maintained via telephones with the team,GPs, patient and relatives.

Pros

Good work experiences gained everyday

Cons

Long busy hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bromley Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bromley Healthcare with

Bromley Healthcare reviews by location

• Bromley Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?