Brook Street

Brook Street Employee Reviews

Featured review
Brook Street selected this as a representative review
I have been working as a temp for the Agency since 2017. Have always found the staff to be very approachable and friendly and have always tryed their utmost to find me suitable positions.
3 August 2020
Hi there. Thank you very much for your positive comments and review!
Loved working for Brook Street. Started a temporary contract with the company and enjoyed every second of it! The employment process was quick and easy and will definitely recommend the company to my friends and family.
Absolutely the worst! zero employee communication and issues of non-payment, incorrect payments and no payslips provided.First an email address was provided for our team to be able to communicate all concerns to this address. Emails are never replied to and in some cases this is done after 1-2 weeks. The never answer the query directly just ask if the query was dealt with and then no follow up is done.
Pros
Cons
too numerous to mention
I worked at a defence contractors for minimum pay and temporary contract. When coworkers didnt get paid problems began to happen. Brook Street didnt care and people just left. Then all of a sudden we had to apply for DBS security passes and again Brook Street didnt help anyone, in obtaining them. When I was involved in an industrial accident, shattered my ankle, Brook Street shredded all of my documents, that they had, and tried to make out that I hadnt worked for them, received no sick pay even though the said they would pay me. Eventually after 3 years I managed to walk again and find other employment, but Brook Street allowed me to be credit listed and struggle physical and financially. They never took any responsibility for what happened and I had to gain compensation from the defence contractor, whilst the recruitment officers left the company and set up their own new employment agency. Avoid if possible. Just the same as all the other employment agencies.
Pros
non
Cons
poor pay and no set/guaranteed hours
In last 3 years i worked with 5 agencies, but from last may only with Brook Street and the agency is the best. Any problem i had, i sent an email and i had my problem resolved in same day or even if i called i can speak with the manager or with someone from payroll and also they can solve the problem. One year and half i worked in same place so the work was ongoing.I definetly recommend Brook Street!
Pros
Good communication, very responsive
Cons
I have a high opinion of Brook Street because they got me a couple of decent jobs at a time when my career was going really badly. They got me two jobs in the space of one year. The work tends to be temporary and low-pay, but as long as you're okay with that, they were a real lifeline to me. Another occasion they actually gave me a lift to an interview in their car (before I had my own). So yeah, very impressive, within their limits.
Pros
motivated, caring, professional
Cons
low pay, temporary contracts
I worked for Brook Street as a temp for 6 years Working within the Government sector doing various roles HR Officer, Technical Support Officer, Administrative Assistant, Team Support Officer.Throughout it all contacting them by phone or email took ages to get back to you and communication was poor, no sick pay and messed wages up and holidays.Staff turnover was ridiculous always changing so you never new who was your temping consultant.Reason why I left no support when a family member was admitted to hospital and no backing when I was pushed out of my role because of family circumstances.
Pros
Cons
No contact, no sick pay, wages and holidays messed up
Routine/systematic workInhouse systems / progressions with each band levelConsiderate, helpful, encouragingFriendly, inclusive, Time between roles, Continuing, progressing, making friends / contacts
Pros
Staff restaurant, gym, swimming pool, city centre shops
Cons
Micro managed by Business Manager
Overall good agency to work for, have to wait a while to get work with them, they are always helpful if you need to ring up. Being an agency worker I felt that I wasnt part of the team found office work quite boring.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Long while to get a work assignment
After working for this company for a year I would say that it was my last position that I had no support. Another of their employees accused me of bullying her and I refuted this and asked the company myself to investigate as no such thing happened. I lost my job she went on to keep hers. The line manager in my last placement bullied me and they did nothing. He was out to lose me my job and they did nothing. I enjoyed working with them but they don’t care about you as a person.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No support, No jobs, Could go months with no job, No consistency, No support. As long as they het their money they don’t care. No support.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brook Street?
Terrible place to work , poor management, childish environment and aggressive Regional Manager. I witnessed swearing from staff whilst candidates in the office, pettiness and other consultants bad mouthing candidates. Hardly any work got done
Pros
non
Cons
No leadership
the staff are incredibly proactive to keep in touch and are keen that temp operatives are up to date with in-house training. staff were always searching for employment options
Pros
in house training
If I could give this company zero stars I would. Absolutely awful experience. Pay is incorrect every single time even after spelling out to them the exact issues and how to resolve them. Staff are passive aggressive and unhelpful. From the beginning I knew the experience was not going to go well considering I did not get a contract until 2 weeks into the job and was delayed starting the job because they failed to listen to the companies instructions. Avoid this company at all costs, they will waste your time.
They seem to give the takky jobs to people that no one wants Worked at this so called campus living villages with them job advertised was for customer services advisor told turned out to be more of a patrol security card When the minger staff asked me to empty the bins I told them where to shove it Stay away from this place I’m glad I walked out I value my self respect more
Pros
Non
Cons
Very straight forward hiring. Uploaded documents that needed. A quick phone /Skype interview to discuss your customer service skills. Sent to DWP training was a lot to take into but get pass that you settle in very quick and have lots of laughs with your fellow colleagues wilst plenty of work to and it's perfect for people who to increase their customer service skills. Long hours for 5 days but the pay makes it worth but overall very great place to work
Pros
Pay, don't need to wear a suit or uniform, pick your lunch break, good environment to work at
Cons
Short contract
I had a very good experience with Brook Street Hammersmith. Lots of work and everyone was very helpful. I would highly recommend to my friends and family.
Pros
A great place to gain work experience.
Cons
They need to increase their wages.
Found the manager at Leicester branch awful foul mouthed bad mannered I couldn’t wait to get out of the place it was unprofessional whilst I was there I witnessed one of the consultants completing an online test for someone because their score was too low and another copying a signature because It was missing from some paperwork both for call handler roles for the government which is worrying
3 August 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback and I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. We as a business are committed to, and pride ourselves on, our high ethical standards. If you'd be happy to share your experience with us further, please get in contact via the following link - http://bit.ly/2U5mjF6 - so we can review this on your behalf. Thank you.
Great placement workers who actively look for positions to ensure continuity in work patterns and placement. Fantastic team on temporary placement in liverpool. You do feel apart of brookstreet and team members are friendly polite
Pros
staff
Cons
Wage
3 August 2020
Hi there, many thanks for your positive comments and review!
Not a great deal to say. You are a commission not a person. Communication is poor and there is no follow up unless you chase things up yourself. My pay has been late on occasions. Positive - when established with regular contracts, Managers ask for you direct. Agency do try to deter this but it does make you feel valued in relation to your hard work and skills when contractors actually request, appreciate and value you as an individual and the skills you bring to the job. Advise that you keep an eye on your work history up date. Past experience is they get the wrong dates/length of contract on same which is no good if you want to apply elsewhere.
3 August 2020
Hi there, thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to hear that despite your experience of being placed with us, there was limited communication between you and your point of contact. I agree that this is hugely important and it's something we continue to review and fine tune to achieve the preferred level of communication in such a situation. Thanks again for your feedback.
I've been working with brook street since December. The interview was stress free, casual and the staff are all very friendly. Brook street offer a pay increase after 12 weeks which is great. The jobs are varied with high profile clients.
3 August 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback. We're very pleased you enjoy working with us!
The people there are outstanding. Great work environment overall. Never had a bad day with this employer. If something went awry, they would go out of their way to make sure everything was handled. Would recommend The Agency for everyone seeking employment.
3 August 2020
Thank you for taking the trouble to leave your feedback. We appreciate your comments and are so glad you enjoy working with us.
  1. Employee reviews