Brook Street

Brook Street Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Good account management team

Working for Brook St. has been a new experience for me, the Brook St. team are always on hand and very helpful. The work placements can sometimes be repetitive and demand a lot of training. I'd recommend Brook St. if you're in between jobs or looking to have a compete career change. The contracts are short 3 to 6 months and if you've proved to be a good worker then the team at Brook St. work really hard trying to get a new placement for you. The wages aren't great but we get paid weekly on the button.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Repetitive

25 August 2021
Thank you for your review and recommendation. It is pleasing to learn that our team in Newport is providing an excellent service.

poor company

I worked at a defence contractors for minimum pay and temporary contract. When coworkers didnt get paid problems began to happen. Brook Street didnt care and people just left. Then all of a sudden we had to apply for DBS security passes and again Brook Street didnt help anyone, in obtaining them. When I was involved in an industrial accident, shattered my ankle, Brook Street shredded all of my documents, that they had, and tried to make out that I hadnt worked for them, received no sick pay even though the said they would pay me. Eventually after 3 years I managed to walk again and find other employment, but Brook Street allowed me to be credit listed and struggle physical and financially. They never took any responsibility for what happened and I had to gain compensation from the defence contractor, whilst the recruitment officers left the company and set up their own new employment agency. Avoid if possible. Just the same as all the other employment agencies.

Pros

non

Cons

poor pay and no set/guaranteed hours

Helped me out a lot, they go the extra mile

I have a high opinion of Brook Street because they got me a couple of decent jobs at a time when my career was going really badly. They got me two jobs in the space of one year. The work tends to be temporary and low-pay, but as long as you're okay with that, they were a real lifeline to me. Another occasion they actually gave me a lift to an interview in their car (before I had my own). So yeah, very impressive, within their limits.

Pros

motivated, caring, professional

Cons

low pay, temporary contracts

7 April 2021
Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to know that Brook Street provided a good service.

Brook Street

Overall good agency to work for, have to wait a while to get work with them, they are always helpful if you need to ring up. Being an agency worker I felt that I wasnt part of the team found office work quite boring.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Long while to get a work assignment

7 April 2021
Thank you for your 5* review. It is pleasing to know that, overall, Brook Street is providing a good service.

Good recruitment company

Very straight forward hiring. Uploaded documents that needed. A quick phone /Skype interview to discuss your customer service skills. Sent to DWP training was a lot to take into but get pass that you settle in very quick and have lots of laughs with your fellow colleagues wilst plenty of work to and it's perfect for people who to increase their customer service skills. Long hours for 5 days but the pay makes it worth but overall very great place to work

Pros

Pay, don't need to wear a suit or uniform, pick your lunch break, good environment to work at

Cons

Short contract

7 April 2021
Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to know that your work assignment through Brook Street has been good.

Good Public Sector Temping Agency

Jobs given on 3 fixed term contracts which is good for job security in short term. Agency is quite lase-a-fair and agents are friendly and accommodating.

3 August 2020
Hi there. Many thanks for your positive comments and review!

Great agency to work for and flexible to working families.

Good place to work for communication is great. Very helpful staff, and work benefits including health benefits. Fair pay/holiday to all staff also caring for their employees.

3 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. I am so glad to hear you found our staff supportive and encouraging when finding work for you. Please stay in touch with us about future opportunities and we'll gladly continue to support you.

Ok

An ok company. Pay poor, no benefits. Should explain there guidelines around pay increases. Paid weekly which is good,. Be aware once In placement your contact with them will virtually disappear! After care service is virtually 0!!! Although I am sure they are happy to take a cut of your salary still!

Pros

Cons

You spend time chasing them!

3 August 2020
Hello, thank you for your comments and feedback, they are very valuable to us. We're sorry that you felt the level of communication was not sufficient - we will certainly take your feedback on board. Many thanks again.

Lovely place to work

This is a brilliant agency to work for, good communication and very fair. Best agency I have worked for could not recommend enough. Good pay, the people are very friendly and welcoming.

Pros

Good money, nice colleagues, very welcoming, good opportunities

Cons

Don't get sick pay

Positive atmosphere, good management and fair pay. Salary always paid on time, never had a problem with the company, respectful treatment and very friendly staff.

Good company to work for

Good team work and support, great, positive work atmosphere, good manager, busy work place, staff outgoing and friendly who liked socialised out of business hours

Pros

great team atmosphere

Cons

low salary, low/no bonus

No better or worse than any other agency

I worked for Brook Street in Probation Service placements from 2014 - 2018 and have few complaints. I had been out of work for several years prior to registering with them and knew they would be more more interested in knowing I could do the work than being off sick.

Pros

Long term placements

Cons

Starting rate low but did increase after 12 weeks

Unreliable

Preston office aren't the best. They lose paperwork and are not very efficient at all. The money is also terrible although paid weekly so not as bad as it could be

Pros

Cons

Pay

Good company

The cons working for brook streey is there isnt always work available and pay can be quite low in comparison to similar agencies providing the same tyoe of work.

Bad customer service

Worked for them for long time and each 2 time I have bad jobs. One is redundancy and second is bad match company with little pay.people in office mean. Please avoide if you not like to end up with bad references after then BRook street tell you that not work with you.

Pros

Time

Cons

Little pay

As below

Working for Brook Street was an enjoyable as they supplied you lots of work. The work may differ from week to week but it was regular and it pays well and always on time.

Pros

Lots of work

cleaning

not too good i have had pay messed about hours reduced in pay but hours that were worked noat impressed and always want you to travel out of your way when you have no money to do so

Pathetic

I have had a terrible experience with brook street. The recruiters there are very incompetent. They are unreliable and lie through their teeth. They had lied about the salary and working hours. There is zero communication unless you chase them up yourself. When taking genuine emergency leave or sick leave, you are spoken to extremely rudely. They will terminate employment for the menial of reasons. They will state they have ‘investigated’ but will drop you without any feasible reason and without any warning. People they know outside of work will usually get prioritised. They will leave you hanging for jobs for months on and. Very unreliable. Stay away!

Cons

9-5.30 Monday to Friday, nice staff and management, directors engage with admin staff on every level. Difficult to progress and salary isn't the best but makes up for it in colleagues.

Excellent

Got a call Wednesday, interview Thursday and offered the job Thursday evening and I start Monday! Permanent job, excellent salary and helpful and friendly staff :)

Pros

Fast

Busy work place

Always busy Flexible hours The workplace is okay Have to package all through break is not that long You have to be really quick when packaging as it’s alot of work

Cons

No sitting down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brook Street. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement