Brunning & Price

Brunning & Price Employee Reviews

Brunning & Price pubs are very busy places to work, however the clientele are usually lovely which makes it enjoyable to work with them. The locations themselves are well presented and are kept to a very high standard.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unsociable hours
Great environment, safe and considerate environmentWorking in a well equipped kitchen and clean environment. Management very supportive and progression very good
Managers are rude and nasty, they offered no support or guidance. Other staff members were very snobby and would look down their nose to you. Nobody seemed to know what was going on half the time and management were no where to be seen in busy periods and orders stacked up very quickly behind the bar.
Cons
Rude and snobby staff and management
I did a trial shift as a Kitchen Porter at the Mill House whilst waiting to hear about my job’s transfer and I can honestly say I’ve never experienced anything quite like it!. To start with some of the things I saw whilst in the kitchen were enough to put me off of ever eating there again; let alone in the middle of a pandemic when hygiene standards are supposed to be even higher. I saw one member of staff with greasy, dirty food covered hands scoop out mash with his fingers to put into the tubs (to be stacked up and chilled for Christ knows how long) and to make matters worse I don’t recall seeing him wash them even once for the 4 hours I was there (or most of the staff for that matter.) That is unless you count putting his hands in a washing up sink filled with various sauces and general food waste as washing them. I also saw countless plates, dishes and pans being put back on the shelf to be used with grease and dirt still on them without any of the staff batting an eyelid.Tasty! The shift itself was chaotic, When I arrived and was finally in the right place I was given a brief tour and my first task by some people who very clearly had no time for me. After this there was no further direction and I was left to figure out the placement etc of everything in the kitchen by myself. There was absolutely no guidance on what I should be doing or where so I left the poor KP on shift with me to do most of the stuff as all I had been shown was the washing up machine - he tried his best to help but didn’t speak any English. The other members of staff looked at me in a way not - more...
Cons
Did't get paid, dirty and rude
the company genuinely does not seem to care about its employees. most staff are extremely underpaid, and schedules and rotas are extremely demanding. managers are put under extreme pressure to save money, so hourly staff get too few hours, and salaried staff are overworked and exhausted. would not recommend.
Pros
staff meals
Cons
long hours, no consistency
Working for Brunning & Price was a great experience. Casual staff choose their hours, everyone is super friendly. Management are very professional but also approachable, they care about their staff!!
Pros
Co-workers
Worked there for a good few years from opening. Started off on pot wash and worked my way up to commis chef. The first head chef we had was excellent and supportive but things went downhill when he left. Most of the staff are kids, and young assistant managers make for bad control of the place. Management are bullies, terrible work/life balance, and long hours led to mental health issues. Brunning and price is owned by a larger group so once you've worked there for a while you realise that it's like every other chain place.
Pros
Pay alright.
Cons
Long hours, bad management.
its a good company to work for as they look after there staff and reward there staff and help them if needed with personal problems if needed they offer share schemes and a company pension
Staff well looked after. Excellent communication. Fantastic head office structure. Good pay great work life balance...........................,,,,.,,,
All recipes are done to specifications. The food is simple but from when I started with the company it has gone down hill. The money isn't great for the hours that you do on a 48 hour contract. They pretty much get two months free out of you.
Pros
Free staff food and tips
Cons
Long hours. Food going down hill.
Horrible managers, very prejudice, right wing. Very poor treatment of staff. Terrible work life, 9am to 11pm Rubbish tips No one has any respect very bad gossip snakes.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Was alright at the beginning but due to the business getting more busy managers cared less and less and anything from head office was just poorly written and organised.
I started working here earlier on in the year, and absolutely loved it. I was absolutely gutted to have left but felt that the management skills were very much lacking. The other co workers were absolute stars and I have made excellent friendships with them. I would love to go back to the pub but there are too many things stopping me currently.
The establishment of B&P had a culture of bullying within the kitchen led by the head chef and snr sous, I did not stick around longer than 6 weeks because of this
I have learnt a lot from a lot of different chefs as I worked here for many years and can honestly say it’s a very productive and very enjoyable place to work
good staff/manager relationships. good staff food. pleasant working environment. fair pay in terms of the work required. fair holiday request situation.
Never have I worked in such a disgraceful job EVER. Tips stolen, No breaks allowed (had to eat in the Kitchen), Chefs were complete lunatics, coming to work with Coke on there noses. The work load was off the scale. The chefs wound up delivery drivers so much they would leave the delivery's away from the door let alone come in. The list goes on..Avoid..
Cons
A nice environment to work in and the discount is really good too. Other members of staff are really nice and managers try to be flexible with your shifts as much as possible.
Pros
Tips, Holiday pay
Cons
No sick pay, zero contract
Applied for the cleaning job at first was great worked with two other cleaners then it all went down hill Not good environment and felt put on by the other cleaners bullyish.
Pros
Paid on time one particular manager was lovely
Cons
Co workers not nice
A vibrant array of different characters, each can be paired to the different ale or gin that you'll learn vast knowledge on. The team will become your second family and you'll be the punters number 1 confident. Although it can be slow at times there's never a dull moment.
a working day start with checking delivery and sorting them out, then you start working whats on the prep list. the hardest part of ob is to keep the young staff focus.
Pros
staff food up to £10 from menu and 1 staff drink after work
  1. Employee reviews