Bryanston Logistics

Bryanston Logistics Work-life balance reviews

Started with easy route and as soon as this was over got nearly impossible daily routes that are too spread out and cant be done in time given. Was told work was at one site but then they changed and after a while stop paying the extra to go there. Worked like mad at christmas to find in january no shifts given or cancelled the night before. Seems the amount promised for pay on invoice was always different to what went in my bank. Asked for this to be sorted and was told speak to payroll who never reply to any messages. Also have to pay for van rental and your own fuel which is £100s a week. This is the first job ever where i have had to pay out just to work. After fuel van and other expenses you are left with less than £80 a day for 12-14 hours. No worth it at all
Cons
Long hours & lots of pay out from your own pocket
I enjoy the job. Being a delivery drivers gives me flexible rota. I can choose the days I wanna work and they give them to me. Pay is also well and the van I am renting from the company is in a very good shape! Definitely recommend for younger people who look for a part-time position, or older who look for full-time!
Pros
Money, flexibility, easy 8-9hour shifts
Cons
They pay well but only when they decide to give you shifts and actually pay you on time. Each pay day was 3 weeks late, no one to contact as they all ignore all messages and phone call. They bring on new people all the time which forces you to go weeks without a shift
Pros
Cons
Not paying on time, no shifts
I just done 2 days training then l started asking about what's expenses l can expect, diesel how's work, me or the company or what, then i get ignored, no reply to my messages. A day before l started work l've been told that my payment will be in 4 weeks time to get paid for your 1st week! for diesel they said you will get (7£) per working day which is 10 hours, l guess l would use much more than 7£ with 10 hours out.I just turned down the offer, sounds JOKE!
Really enjoy working here. From the time they contact you to the time you’re on the road they give loads of help and advice. Definitely a good company to work for
I enjoy working here, Due to my personal commitments I had to stop my activity as a deliery driver for a few weeks. A couple of months ago I decided to return and I found the same friendly and pleasant work culture. If you listen carefully to adive given is best practice and tehnique. I appreciate the most you know where you stand with everything and you have work flexibility, overtime is also available if you need some extra money.
Pros
Weekly Pay and Job Security
ive joined the company and done a ride along with someone else, where it was a fun ride with that person. learnt the app. i get the feeling that when you ask them for something your left waiting days and days for it. ive asked about a van and to my surprise we haven't got anywhere, im told will get back to you or let you know but highly unlikely. i may have to leave before i even start working for the company
Pros
free ride along when you join
Cons
most things
They wasted so much of my time and energy I would never recommend this company to anyone worst people ever please stay away because they will promise so many things that they will offer but when you start working with them, they will treat you so bad and keep hold on your money so that you can’t leave
Be careful when taking on job with this company all is not as it seems and the management are dishonest. Self employed, but told when you’re working and have to ask for certain days off so you’ll need to be available 24/7, this isn’t made clear on the induction. No guarantee of work you may get shifts cut last minute if there isn’t as much work, again not told this until after you have started. I applied for the job which was advertised to be in the area where I lived and when I started the delivery area was over an hour away from where it was advertised. This area was also close to the depot which meant it was the last wave of deliveries and if they were running late it was late morning before you even entered the depot. This consequently then meant you weren’t hitting your first stop till nearly midday so on a full route would be working till late into the evening and on top of that also had the travel home from further away rather than effectively being on my way home before I started my first delivery. Again this isn’t specified to you on the induction that this could happen. I saw the manager before I started separately and questions I asked he didn’t tell the truth they try and make it seem great and when you start you see the reality that it is not. I had my own van but the cost of renting one is very expensive and you still have to pay it even if you don’t get enough work. The free lunches are a myth your not allowed to arrive at the depot till your drop time and there isn’t anything to pick up anyway having had to wait in the canteen on my first day when I went out - more...
As a female who has worked with Bryanston for a while and had to relocate and then came back to them. I can honestly say that it’s a job that I enjoy, being on the road.
As a self-employed driver, the money is great, and it give me the opportunity to work for 4 days and spend time with my family as well. The team is great and is always there if you need help. We get free lunch, so I don’t need to spend money on lunch and drinks. I’m really enjoying my work environment and wish I had word with them early, they have a lot of different opportunity as well. So, if you want to grow with in the company you can do that as well.
Pros
Free lunch and trips
Its a fast paced environment, you are required to deliver customer orders. The organisation is pretty good, loading time is about 10 minutes and normally you can finish within 8 hours. It is better to bring your own van as the earnings are much higher. Typically with their van you will take home £500-600 per week. Most mornings we receive a good lunch, although sometimes we miss it due to late deliveries from the sandwich company. Most managers were former drivers and they have a genuine interest in your wellbeing. I would recommend this company but you will need to be a determined person with a good attitude.
This company tells you one thing then when you're in it changes.. They tell you we can help supply a van and you get two options: - You spend £480/month - You spend £200/week When you're in they change it to: - Inbetween £480 - £560/month with a £250 deposit to start. Or £200/week out of your wages. Your PL and Goods and Transit Insurance isn't covered in the £200/week van hire. They cut your days if they feel like it even though you are meant to be self-employed/ "be your own boss". You work way over 9 hours some days but you will only be paid for 9hrs. If you try to bring parcels back as you've worked hours for free they get rid of you. There's no lunch given each morning as promised. You're told to be in the depot for 9:10am. By the time they allow you to leave it's 10:20am. This leaves less time to finish within the 9 hours they pay you for. You will get paid your training week three weeks in arrears then paid each week after that so your diesel and dartford charge for the hired van is all on you for up to a month. You will not be compensated or appreciated for all the free hours you give to this company and if you receive more than 3 consessions in 6 weeks (Parcels marked as Delivered but customers complain to say they did not receive) they will get rid of you. None of this is told to you when you are briefed on the job. You find out during working.