BSS

BSS Employee Reviews

Hours are good for family life, the work can involve heavy lifting Training is good with HIAB training and cpc Wagons are well maintained and any issues are quickly sorted. Only draw back I found that the work wasn’t equally shared out, with some drivers finishing early and others drivers having heavier work loads.
Pros
Training
Cons
Uneven work load
I worked at Preston up until May 2016 and I had never been happier, the staff where brilliant, I miss the place to this day ( Nov 2020 ) BT ,the place was like a little family and whilst you were kept busy it was always fair .
Pros
Great staff, great manager.
Cons
None really
At the interview your told that the staff are a friendly bunch in fact they hate each other.the work is truly mind blowing your placed on the trade counter and unexpected to learn 15000 codes with little training. The physical work in the warehouse is very hard .the wages are so low i had the leave was told not to expect wage in crease next year i was told this day before Xmas eve.
BSS was by far the worst job I have ever had. Unrealistic expectations and no leadership skills within the management. Not only this but unless you are foreign you are unlikely to be accepted into the business. The starting pay rate is a joke.
Warehouse operative / Tradecounter getting orders ready, Daily & weekly saftey checks, Forklifts, Chop saw, loading & off loading, Goods in. stock take. working with a great team, Teamwork.
Enjoyed working at two branches but moved away so had to leave
volenty work it was i had to be there for 8 am when i got there made the drinks then cracked on i did not really learn anything and only did it for 2 weeks
Customer account control. Order collation to company system. Filling of paperwork. Order query processing. Branch fire marshal. Stock taking. Office documentation.
Nice place to work, friendly colleagues, and just the right balance of new technology to keep things interesting. The head office was based in the centre of Leicester, so commuting was possible by car, bus, or train, a rarity these days!
Pros
Cons
Late nights
Picking, Loading and Unloading Easy work once you get into it, supervisors work with you. Good breaks and potenail to learn how to drive the HGV's
Pros
Easy work, Good comunication
Cons
It's quiet ,friendly place. Management are great , always helpful and satisfying expectation. People around you are always ready to give you a hand.
I worked on the Big Lottery Fund contract for over 5 years and was given the opportunity to progress into management. I loved the job and the people I worked with.
I loved working in BSS for the National Careers service. Unfortunately they lost the contract to SERCO and went into administration shortly afterwards
Pros
various shifts avoiding peak hour traffic
Cons
opening until 10pm 7 days a week
They were always helpful and made sure I was always busy doing something, I worked all week and was a quick learner with some help.
Pros
all friendly
Cons
not many
I could have happily continued to work at BSS for many years and I could see a clear path to advancement within the company
Pros
Lovely atmosphere, dedicated mangers
Cons
Working weekends
A typical day at work would involve taking inbound calls. I offered a wide range of advice. This would include offering advice on courses, careers and funding information. I would also do referrals for those who needed careers guidance. As well as taking inbound calls I would also respond to emails from our customers and also deal with enquiries over web chat. I have learnt to listen effectively. I dealt with a number of customers every shift so listening played a big part so that I could establish how we can help them and tailor the service to their needs. My co-workers were a fantastic bunch to work with. Easy to get along with and did not hesitate asking for help when needed. The hardest part of the job was to deal with double chats when on web chat. However this got easier with time. The enjoyable part of the job was firstly coming into work and working with such a lovely, dedicated and caring team. For me the enjoyable part of the job was also knowing that I had helped my customers take their first step forward to achieving their goal.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Enjoyed my time at BSS, Positive aspects were; would go to regular customers,so building up good working relationships with them . Management team were approachable and friendly,would get financial rewards for performing well as a team,also staff discount benefits from other stores in group.
Pros
regular start /finish times/good team working environment
Cons
travelling into Cambridge daily.
Currently the mamnagement is terrible and there is much that could be done to improve the compay as a whole. The people i work with are great but there is no job security and feels like we could get confirmation anyday now to say the funding has been pulled.
The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and all incredibly helpful. Great training and information by the training staff and the line manager was very friendly and accommodating. While this was a very relaxed working environment, they still maintained a very high level of service, and contionually made sure that I was working to my best, giving advice and help where needed.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Old building with no air conditioning (summer was HOT!)
Shifts were typically 8 hours long varying from 8am-4pm through to 2pm-10pm, Calls would come through constantlty with 20 seconds wrap time in between to finish up notes on the customer. My co-workers were great. It was a challenging role due to the varied enquiries from the customers and the need to tailor the service to their needs. Helping the customers was the most enjoyable part of the role.
Working at BSS was both fun and productive, although I only worked there for a week I learnt basic admin skills and how to ensure basic safety in a warehouse environment. I was taught how to answer the phone in a welcoming manner,how to file and fax in the correct order and how to make a really good brew for all of the office! Although the hours were really long my co-workers were bright and friendly and because I was only learning I enjoyed the atmosphere and the new environment.
Pros
learning the skills of an admin assistant
  1. Employee reviews