BT

BT Employee Reviews

Found 1,598 reviews matching the search
A good job to get in this present climate.Work conditions are good and targets achievable.It’s changed a lot from when it was Post Office telephones. More modern but less job security. Business model changed from providing service to customers to more emphasis on the sales side now they are competing with sky,Amazon, Netflix etc.
Pros
Organised workload
Cons
Tracked and checked by your line manager.
A very strange Company. There are like Cult in BT Consumer everybody who buys into there work culture is Commercially Groomed basically a punch of robots hard wired into extracting as much money as possible out of the poor Customers.The stats you work too are unrealistic management in my call centre are either married to each other or on the most children. BT as the biggest provider have the worst systems nothing works ,poor hours and the pay is average.I feel sorry for my colleagues still there but most will never leave because they have lost all confidence in themselves doing this job! the health and mental health of the workers is poor. Please do something else with your life it’s to sort to work for BT Consumer.
Pros
Cons
everything
Do not work here on the Business Customer Service technical team for faults if you don't want to be a robot. Forced to follow flows which ask ridiculous stupid questions in really bad orders. An example, customers broadband is not working, rather than doing a line test on BT's side the flows ask you to do checks with customer like filters / test socket etc. If there is an external fault on BT's side it is a complete waste of time doing internal checks with the customer. The managers are also more interested in getting BT more revenue than actually helping resolve the fault the customer may have. If a customer has ADSL broadband which is slower than usual, and fibre is available, they would rather you outsell to fibre rather than fix the slow speed issue. Favouritism is also a big issue where staff are rewarded if they grass on their colleagues.
Managers put too much on you with KPIs. There’s always people off with stress due to having to take abuse from customers. Don’t compromise your health for this company. You end up working well over 40 hours a week for £21k, not worth it. No chance of progression. What more can I say.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at BT. . Would love to go back. The hardest part of the job were the angry customers, but once you've built a relationship with them it was easy to meet their needs. Commission structure changed a lot so you were forever trying to maximise your bonus!
Pros
People
Cons
Customers
You get told one thing on the training, yet another on the centre. You start to feel your encouraged to rip off customers! Canteen very expensive, only open for parts of your shift, team leaders are a joke. They avoid taking complaints. They claim to have your interests at heart, they only have there own. Very high turnover of staff
Pros
Nothing, even free WiFi costs £20 per month!
Cons
Everything, try get another job
You will apply for this job under the impression you are entering customer service. You are not. You are entering an environment of high pressure sales. Whilst some managers are good, others are not and expect you to even sell to customers who are calling to advise they are terminally ill. Expect a lot of American chat show audience-esque “woop, woop”-ing every time someone (mis)-sells something to a customer. Also expect lots of primary school type games as so-called “team bonding” exercises. Your experience will depend on your manager. I had an excellent and supportive one at first but then an unsupportive one after that; at this point the job became unbearable and so I left.
Pros
Nice office.
Cons
Unsociable hours; sales targets pressure; inconsistent management.
Customers would call for a number of reasons. No matter what the nature of the call is, you are expected to try and sell something to them. Sales targets never stayed the same and working hours were changed.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Sales targets constantly changing
Old processes and systems but making all the right steps to progress transformation both organisationally and digitally. The people are great and most just want to do a good job and what is right for the customer.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
below average pay
I took a job driving and assisting in the workshop as an infill but stayed too long. The company treats you like a automaton. You get no respect and are often talked down to as though you are an idiot (I was the highest qualified person in the branch in the lowest job). I would rather go to prison than work here again. Met some good people but met far too many people who were promoted to positions they were unqualified to fulfil. The business structure is set in stone but those within the company haven’t a clue what they are doing
Pros
Rarely out in bad weather
Cons
The list is to long to fit here
Poor management and little opportunity for progression. New ideas are not welcomed. Best part of the job was the flexible hours and other team members
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Manager
When your manager holds his hand up like a traffic cop and says "I'll stop you there, I only deal with time sheets, sickness and productivity" You know how bad the management are.
Pros
Supply tools
Cons
Very poor managers
Was an excellent employer being the operative word! Poor senior management. No communication from seniors. No trust in management. Always moving the goal posts and nk honestly & loyalty to staff.
Pros
Free broadband
Cons
Location of offices
Amazing place to work with all the support and guidance you'll ever need. I had a few health issues which my managers went out of their way to ensure that I had all the support I needed.
Pros
Pay. Relaxed. Perks.
Cons
N/a
When I first started here I loved my job however in the past year things have changed massively. Management no longer care about there staff, constantly changing processes. My mental health has declined rapidly since I started working here. Such a demanding job, unsociable hours. The only good thing is they pay well if I didn’t have bills I’d be out the door
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, hours
Amazing place to work, very friendly and welcoming. Management team are absolutely amazing and always make time to help and guide you. The perks that come with this job are fantastic to and BT really do care about their employee’s.
Pros
Work life balance, pay
Cons
Late hours.
Not a good company to work for management only interested in making money and if you fail to hit target your out No training whatsoever I wouldn’t recommend this business whatsoever
Pros
Cons
Long travel in rush hour
In a nutshell They lie to get u in work They make u lie to vulnerable customers and make u say nything to get moneeeeeey for bt , U willll be sacked if u dont do long and late hours , managers are full of lies and pressure all the time !!!Do not get comfy you wont be here long nuff !!! Once u get the job they think they own you and talk to you and treat u like s,,t so be warned !!!
Pros
Finishing
Cons
Everything about bt -
I enjoyed my work there, the experience in technology and comms I gained is invaluable. Intensely interesting work and I was sad to leave due to moving country
Very good pay if you are good at sales, average for sector basic pay.senior management do not listen to lower level staff and offer false promises of changes which never come.very little opportunities for advancement, only sideways steps.Senior management heavily favour people who've been there longer over people who are better at their jobs which results in a high turnover of new staff and lots of staff who stay for 10+ years, very few new staff stay in their role longer than a year.Fine for a job if you just want an easy life and have no ambition as managers won't push you to go further and even if you are proactive it is very difficult.The systems are terrible, support is all offshore and takes forever to fix simple things ( over a month to fix a simple issue of a text box size on a form for example )
Pros
good pay if you're successful
Cons
counter productive management, ancient systems, slow to react to market trends
Job is nothing like the advert or training. Lots of pressure (even in customer service roles). Several targets they will constantly try to performance manage you on - despite saying there’s no targets. Managers are very lazy and never want to help you. They will always avoid taking calls, so if the customer requests a manager good luck getting any help. You will get pushed out if you have high call handling time/hold time/after-work wrap-up time or you’re not following their ever-changing unrealistic expectations. Ultimately, it’s all about if your face fits. Non-existent support if you have any mental health and/or other health problems. The company’s sickness and absence policy is very harsh and solely for the benefit of them. Make sure you are never late either as they are quick to give you warnings even if it’s a genuine reason. False acting management who don’t care about staff and make you feel worthless until they eventually drive you out. They are constantly on your case for trivial things and unless your face fits then nothing you do or say will be good enough. Now you understand why the pay is better than other jobs. Would highly recommend you avoid this place.
Pros
Nothing. Even broadband isn’t free, you still have to pay line rental
Cons
Everything as mentioned above
  1. Employee reviews