BT

United Kingdom1,798 reviews

Found 1,798 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,979 reviews
broadbandtargetprogressionroletelecomorganisationunsociablewhilst

Recommended

I enjoyed 2.5 years with EE/BT - The salaries are very fair and the perks some of the best I know of. I only left as my work/life balance couldn't be fulfilled, but I wouldn't rule out returning one day. There's plenty of support available and the training is excellent.

Awful Place with Awful customers

Worked here for 9 months and it totally broke my soul. Only good thing was the other staff but not the management as all they cared about was figures. The abuse off the general public phoning in was not worth my mental health. Do not work here unless you have very thick skin.

Pros

Cons

everything

Insights into BT

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

Company who demands too much of your time

Be careful you dont end up working much more hours than your contracturally required to do. Their HR company disregard contracted hours and your worklife balance gets destroyed.

Pros

Team working

Worst place to work

Vert poorly mananaged . All managers skive and supervisors . And fob advisors off donr work for this company as treat u a a drone and pretend they care all smoke and mirrors pay just over min wage . Expect far too much don't support team members . Click colture give all the good jobs to there friends . Not very friendly place to work . Training is in aderquite basically learn on the job . Deall with customers within 13 min ir penalised against so called bonus . Management very unhelpful don't care about team .

"It's good to talk" unless you disagree with anything

Everything looks so promising when you're first joining. You're bombarded with slick videos and presentations from alleged staff that love BT and will defend them until their dying breath. How they feel valued in their role no matter how small it may seem on the surface.None of that is true. As is tradition with huge companies like BT, your entry level staff are treated as completely expendable. The ones actually doing the job every day and know what they need to help do their job better are completely ignored, usually on the basis of "this is how we've always done it".Money wasted left and right on superfluous nonsense like a 5-step whiteboard for taking notes? Nobody follows those steps and the real estate taken up by all the printing makes the whiteboard borderline useless for actually taking notes during the call.

Pros

Schedules that aren't horrendously late or early giving you good free time

Cons

Bonus-based metrics that are at odds with actually helping your customer

For your own benefit find a different job

Call centres aren't ideal places to work but it really goes beyond here. A normal day of work differs drastically depending on who your manager is. More than half the managers are on 6 month secondments and are in-fact just advisors with little to no prior management experience. Most managers do not have the knowledge nor ability to properly support their staff. They can be micromanagers, completely unavailable for support or in some cases both. A good day at work is where you avoid being shouted at by customers and get to work at home but don't expect to be able to with the current policy to bring people back into the office. Pay isn't worth it and you will be expected to work each and every bank holiday for no extra pay. The culture in the centre is toxic and gossip is rife throughout. The management is more likely to be sat around gossiping with each other rather than doing any work themselves. The hardest part of the job is dealing with abusive customers and unprofessional colleagues.The best part of the job is working from home and occasionally avoiding both abusive customers and unprofessional colleagues.

Pros

Working from home while it lasts

Cons

Management, lack of support, pay, antisocial hours.

lovely place to work

really nice place to work. Has many benefits and everyone who you meet is lovely. Management is great and will always handle you as a priority especially with personal problems

Great team working

Undervalue staff for 30 year service. Great team working. Can be very pressured work. Training varies dependent what career path you follow.Tends to advertise externally, when they have great resource at their fingertips.

Repetitive but good management

As a call centre operator, you’re very much stuck to your desk and dealing with call after call. It is import a to hit the targets or the managers will be on your case for bonus purposes. There is always something going on in the background to help motivate you, such as charity events and giveaways. Overall the management are good, the pay is ok, but could be better and plenty of development opportunities.

Callcentre culture

Management will look after you and support you, but if your not use to the call centre culture then I wouldn't recommend the job

Stressful, unsupportive culture

Good job security and salary. Company constantly changing direction and terms and conditions. Stressful, poor senior management. Do not recommend. CEO needs to wake up.

Pros

Salary, flexible working

Cons

Stuck in old ways

Good pay

The pay was the best thing about the job, the managers didn’t care about you or your well being, if you didn’t hit the targets they would come down on you like a ton of bricks overall a terrible job

Sales

Fast paced enviroment. Staff turnover was high so it was hard to build rapport with your colleagues. I worked inbound sales. I was placing irders and answering customer queries. It changed to retention which was a harder role. Once my jobrole changed I moved on. I would still work here now if broadband sales was still at this location. I worked for a total of 9 years and enjoyed it

Na

Good company to work for, lots of opportunities, collaborative working environment, flexible working hours, opportunity to gain professional qualifications depending on job role

Pretty decent workplace

Great company and good incentives great work environment and you get decent benefits e.g dental and discounts youve a good work life balance also, training is very extensive and lasts up to 10 weeks so your definitely prepared only issue is the pay for your workload

Pros

More or less everything

Cons

Pay

Easy going

Nice contract to work on lots of earning potential pay rates vary some can be on £12 an hour others as little as £9.50 depending on which contractor you start with

Pros

Reliable colleges

Cons

Long hours on some sites

Stressful

If you like talking to people, the day to day job is great. If you dislike internal politics and promises “stats don’t matter” when it’s all the company uses to measure success, swerve this place. Some of us are very well paid, new entrants are not. I get paid double time on a Sunday, you will not. I get double time and a half on Bank Holidays, you will not. My bonus is up to £320pm, yours is not. Systems are better than they were 4 years ago but still fail. Major issue is management. Coaching should happen twice a month. It doesn’t. Team briefings with colleagues, remote working, should happen twice a week. They don’t. When managers leave a business, you know it’s not a great place to work. Colleagues recently voted yes (over 90% of them) to take strike action if we don’t get an improved pay offer. In the last 3 years, pay rise has been: 2022 - 4.5%, 2021 - 0%, 2020 - 1.5%. Ghastly senior leadership more concerned with profit for shareholders than paying colleagues fairly.

The goal posts are moved a lot!!!

When I first started I got quite a good bonus even though I wasn't the best at selling, once the pandemic started we didn't have as much chance to sell things and make a decent bonus. They pushed us to sell ee but didn't tell us about the four different complicated systems we had to use. People went from earning a lot of bonus to hardly anything. The rules change all the time and I still don't know how the bonus system works

Pros

Steady job with overtime

Cons

Difficult to make a decent bonus, rules change all the time, complicated ee systems

Great opportunities

Great process and swift responses. The team really helped me to secure a job. Very friendly atmosphere and support. Highly recommend working with them!

Very Stressful

Very hard to work for would not suggest, systems aren’t very useful all people want is you solve no matter how hard it is end of day no matter how stressed you are and even though you have not learnt it you are pressured to do it .

Long hours but well paid

It was long hours on the phone with some complicated calls and angry customers. It paid quite well but wouldn't really recommend to be honest but was ok before I went to uni.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement