BT

BT Employee Reviews

Found 1,605 reviews matching the search
Until the CEO Bonfield cocked up the company, with spend on dot.com.Then mass redundancies to claw back over spend.At my level staff and managers were good. I worked in an area that dealt with disaster recovery also, so at any time it was all go, due to incident on the network.
Pros
You had Share save and Profit share
Cons
Profit share removed and told Broadband was to replace this, at a lower fee.
Please understand that this company will advertise and say the right things . If you are working in customer service I would recommend you start searching for another job . Management are completely disassociated with what happens on the frontline . Systems actually do not work and fail creating problems for your targets and statistics. Management will Not take this into account.senior managers impose ways of working or change the line of business you are in by providing poor training .the training is equivalent to teaching someone to count from 1-10 and then expecting them to solve a quantum physics equation. Progress is almost non existent . It just depends on who you sleep with . Avoid working for this place like the plague
Pros
Free broadband
Cons
Everything else
I hated the place, management was absolutely fine, people I worked with were nice however the job role it’s self getting abuse day in and day out on the phones is ridiculous. People forget your human. Customers would demand to speak to management and management would do everything to avoid it ‘offer the customer this and this first’ customers could speak to u like rubbish and you just had to sit there and take it. Wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Wasnt the worst pay
Cons
Shift pattern
The NOC in BT is 60% manage e and 40% staff working poor shift patterns. Everyone thinks you're not good enough until you've been there the longest. Many staff take drugs and work night shifts and make it hard to get on if you're new to the Company. Very poor management.
Pros
Cheap Internet and phones for employees
Cons
Bad staff bad culture bad working shifts, boring work.
Great variety of projects in many technologies to deliver with a great support team. Projects are fast moving and challenging with great opportunity to learn new technologies and keep up with changing technologies.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
demanding hours to meet deadlines.
I started at the bottom and worked to be a reasonably senior leader anything is possible with hard work I ignored the negative people they are every where unfortunately but with positive attitude and focus on customers you can do anything Be Brilliant be strong and be nice then BT can be the best place to grow develop and have fun!
Pros
The people
Cons
Poor leaders who have no skills
Fantastic company to work for great management and good culture over all BT is brilliant Telecom with pure British quality broadband and work life balance is good
Pros
On-site parking n canteen
Cons
Non
A very strange Company. There are like Cult in BT Consumer everybody who buys into there work culture is Commercially Groomed basically a punch of robots hard wired into extracting as much money as possible out of the poor Customers.The stats you work too are unrealistic management in my call centre are either married to each other or on the most children. BT as the biggest provider have the worst systems nothing works ,poor hours and the pay is average.I feel sorry for my colleagues still there but most will never leave because they have lost all confidence in themselves doing this job! the health and mental health of the workers is poor. Please do something else with your life it’s to sort to work for BT Consumer.
Pros
Cons
everything
A good job to get in this present climate.Work conditions are good and targets achievable.It’s changed a lot from when it was Post Office telephones. More modern but less job security. Business model changed from providing service to customers to more emphasis on the sales side now they are competing with sky,Amazon, Netflix etc.
Pros
Organised workload
Cons
Tracked and checked by your line manager.
Do not work here on the Business Customer Service technical team for faults if you don't want to be a robot. Forced to follow flows which ask ridiculous stupid questions in really bad orders. An example, customers broadband is not working, rather than doing a line test on BT's side the flows ask you to do checks with customer like filters / test socket etc. If there is an external fault on BT's side it is a complete waste of time doing internal checks with the customer. The managers are also more interested in getting BT more revenue than actually helping resolve the fault the customer may have. If a customer has ADSL broadband which is slower than usual, and fibre is available, they would rather you outsell to fibre rather than fix the slow speed issue. Favouritism is also a big issue where staff are rewarded if they grass on their colleagues.
Managers put too much on you with KPIs. There’s always people off with stress due to having to take abuse from customers. Don’t compromise your health for this company. You end up working well over 40 hours a week for £21k, not worth it. No chance of progression. What more can I say.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at BT. . Would love to go back. The hardest part of the job were the angry customers, but once you've built a relationship with them it was easy to meet their needs. Commission structure changed a lot so you were forever trying to maximise your bonus!
Pros
People
Cons
Customers
You get told one thing on the training, yet another on the centre. You start to feel your encouraged to rip off customers! Canteen very expensive, only open for parts of your shift, team leaders are a joke. They avoid taking complaints. They claim to have your interests at heart, they only have there own. Very high turnover of staff
Pros
Nothing, even free WiFi costs £20 per month!
Cons
Everything, try get another job
You will apply for this job under the impression you are entering customer service. You are not. You are entering an environment of high pressure sales. Whilst some managers are good, others are not and expect you to even sell to customers who are calling to advise they are terminally ill. Expect a lot of American chat show audience-esque “woop, woop”-ing every time someone (mis)-sells something to a customer. Also expect lots of primary school type games as so-called “team bonding” exercises. Your experience will depend on your manager. I had an excellent and supportive one at first but then an unsupportive one after that; at this point the job became unbearable and so I left.
Pros
Nice office.
Cons
Unsociable hours; sales targets pressure; inconsistent management.
Customers would call for a number of reasons. No matter what the nature of the call is, you are expected to try and sell something to them. Sales targets never stayed the same and working hours were changed.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Sales targets constantly changing
Old processes and systems but making all the right steps to progress transformation both organisationally and digitally. The people are great and most just want to do a good job and what is right for the customer.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
below average pay
I took a job driving and assisting in the workshop as an infill but stayed too long. The company treats you like a automaton. You get no respect and are often talked down to as though you are an idiot (I was the highest qualified person in the branch in the lowest job). I would rather go to prison than work here again. Met some good people but met far too many people who were promoted to positions they were unqualified to fulfil. The business structure is set in stone but those within the company haven’t a clue what they are doing
Pros
Rarely out in bad weather
Cons
The list is to long to fit here
Poor management and little opportunity for progression. New ideas are not welcomed. Best part of the job was the flexible hours and other team members
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Manager
When your manager holds his hand up like a traffic cop and says "I'll stop you there, I only deal with time sheets, sickness and productivity" You know how bad the management are.
Pros
Supply tools
Cons
Very poor managers
Was an excellent employer being the operative word! Poor senior management. No communication from seniors. No trust in management. Always moving the goal posts and nk honestly & loyalty to staff.
Pros
Free broadband
Cons
Location of offices
Amazing place to work with all the support and guidance you'll ever need. I had a few health issues which my managers went out of their way to ensure that I had all the support I needed.
Pros
Pay. Relaxed. Perks.
Cons
N/a
  1. Employee reviews