Buckinghamshire Council

Buckinghamshire Council Employee Reviews

It was an amazing opportunity to have done the job, I had a great staff team we were very dedicated to the people we supported, i learnt a lot about myself as a manager, but the way it all ended with the closing of the service was very sad.
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Senior management click.
I've worked at the Council for some time and have a great team that are committed to providing a great service and are always looking for new ways of reaching our goals. The move to become Buckinghamshire Council was well managed and offered me the opportunity to help shape our service for the future. Family friendly place to work with agile working and flexi time available.
Pros
People, agile working
Cons
Bureaucracy can be frustrating
Let down awfully failed by management and they haven’t got a clue it is an old boys club people are playing not training you to be the best to much time spent doing tasks that are pointless and when you succeed it’s even poorer
Pros
Cons
Staff, management it facilities
THIS IS SOLEY MY EXPERIENCE WORKING THROUGH AN AGENCY! NOT DIRECT. Pressured into taking a pay cut from an agency to perm. Soft threats of being replaced if you do not take on a contract. Understaffed and expected(not asked) to do overtime. Not paid an overtime rate.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Overtime near on forced.
collecting and disposing of garbage and recycling waste. Working as team collaboratively and following the given route for the day. Operating the disposal machinery on the trucks
As events staff, we were almost always outside, rarely visiting the upstairs offices. However when it was necessary to interact with my boss(es), they were extremely friendly and all knew my name.
Jobs worth. Totally lacking in communication skills. Building potential fulltime permanent expectations unrealistically. Exceeding work hours constantly expected without thanks or reward.
I really enjoy my job, I find everyone to be so friendly and helpful. Although it is stressful at times, the overall experience is so rewarding as well as being convenient for me.
Line management is poor. Not offered any training opportunities in 10 years of service. Line management - biased / bullying. Leaders are ageist - I made redundant because I was over 50.
Effectively communicate with the senior management and facilitate the operational management with professional guidance as well as timely financial support. Arbitrate the management of the business unit regarding property, finance, IT, Legal, HR, Payroll and Corporate Business Support
Not a bad place to work at all. Good to serve the residents of the vale, and a very varied and diverse work force. The culture is a little old fashioned at times though. AVDC is soon to merge with the other bucks councils into a unitary body, I think that AVDC will be leading the way in much of the transition (but I am biased!)
I had such a good time working for BCC, staff are so welcoming and helpful as well as managers. Things are explained well and you are kept up to date. Organisation is key as well as being friendly and confidant.
Pros
Staff
Cons
shame that there is a merger going on with Bucks as AVDC are a forward looking council embracing technology for the benefit of residents. Good bosses although they are now leaving
Working with children is a satisfying job because you know you are helping them out. I had a great experience in the two years I worked there as I did with the staff. I would recommend the job to anyone and would have stayed if I had not have gone to university. A typical day at work was feeding and helping the children while keeping an eye on their welfare, I learned time management patience and to work well with my staff who remunerated through events and gifts at the end of the year. The hardest part of the job was knowing you could not help some children with sensitive issues due to DBS or it being out of your control. But I always looked forward to going to work.
You are expected to do the amount of work 5 people should be doing. Management give no support and staff are hostile towards each other. The salary is not enough for what you are expected to do and you are treated so poorly. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
WDC is a brilliant place to work. Welcoming workplace and a focus on staff wellbeing and professional development. Fun, collaborative environment and the chance to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Incremental pay increases dependent on performance.
I work with great people within my team and have responsibility. I have learned many skills but I have a high workload. Management is okay, but could be better lead.
I would say that my place of work was at the garage where the taxis and private hire vehicles were tested and licensed, however the data base and software used was inadequate for the purpose it was being used for. The management were difficult to please when suggestions were made to improve their handling of the licensing of taxis and private hire vehicles.
I do not want to give a review of this company. It is a place i would like to forget and move on from. Therefore i would not like to complete a review on this company.
Had made lots of friends in this company. Easy approachable management. Supports given throughtout. A member of the team rings you when you finish late to check you have got home safe.
Pros
Excellent support from managers
Cons
Not any
All support was provided in my short time at Wycombe District Council. Positively, I was given a wide overview of the finance and commercial department.