Bunzl Greenham

Bunzl Greenham Employee Reviews

Great team worth working for , looking for more people to join our amazing team. Good benifits with a good work life balance. Work hard play hard...
Pros
Work life balance/ culture/ team
Cons
None really.
10 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and we’re pleased to learn that you enjoyed working for Bunzl .
Negative from the word go! Poor management who obviously had no idea of how transport works! Stay away,sack you as soon as things go wrong (especially drivers).
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Not paid for overtime but expected to work extra hours!
24 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It would be good to chat further and look at how we can address the concerns you have referenced, please do email us at recruitment@bunzl.co.uk
Great Office manager at the Heathrow branch and great team work. i felt welcomed and was easy to speak to my line-manager. i loved the challenge of working with field account managers and working together to win contracts
Pros
Team
Cons
Long hours and location
10 November 2020
Very result orientated but Bunzl give all the tools for the staff to achieve what is required. There is also a big opportunity to progress through other company's within the group.
poor higher management interaction, staff only do minimal , poor working condtions , no leadership at branch level, wouldnt recommend any one working there
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far at Bunzl Greenham, having left a company I worked for many years. Everyone wants to help, drive beneficial change for the employees and customers. All of my immediate colleagues and staff from other departments have been welcoming and supportive during my time here.
Great company to work for. Lots of company benefits including good work/life balance monday to friday. Good rates of pay. Great team of people throughout the business. Always feel a secure company to work for. Would highly recommend
Great Place to work - after moving to a new city and new job I feel like I have been here forever - Lots of support from colleagues and management. Progression, advancement and continuous training options available and plenty of space to grow. After leaving a job of 8 years that I loved I am glad I found this role.
Pros
great people
Really good company to work for. No hassle or stress, they don't mither you, when you're out they don't bother you, interesting variety of customers including HMP Prisons deliveries and construction sites. Good well looked after trucks, well maintained, management very helpful and workmates are all great.
I've been with Bunzl Greenham for 12 years now and I can honestly say that I genuinely look forward to coming in each day. They are a great company that always looks to harbour and encourage talent with many avenues for career development.
Pros
great people.
I enjoyed my time at greenham, met some great people and progressed well. Learnt some great communication skills and gained confidence. Glad I worked there
A good company it was a shame I was made redundant we had a good team I was busy during the good times but leading up to the time I was made redundant it was quiet.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Cold in winter
Learn many things including working in a team, keeping the workplace tidy. Enjoyed the people around me and they made it a great working experience.
I worked here from 2015 to 2018.My main duties were driving and delivering to various areas in Perth Dundee and in Aberdeen going to such places as shops manufacturers and even Prisons.I enjoyed my time here and I worked with a great bunch of people both in the warehouse and in the office.No weekend working to which was a bonus.The hardest part was probably the waiting around at prisons to be seen.
Pros
Steady hours No weekends.
Cons
Waiting to be offloaded at prison
I have just joined Bunzl and found the recruitment process to be very slick and easy. The communication through the whole process was great. A fantastic way to start with a company
Pros
Easy to deal with, great communication
Working for bunzl and the team within my department is most enjoyable. There are lots of enthusiastic team members all who will go out of their way to help each other out to meet both business and personal goals. There are lots of opportunities and job openings and room to improve if you are ambitious. The offices are clean and there are spacious break out areas with free drinks machines. I feel secure in my position working for a plc company.
Pros
Staff discounts, share save, internal training programmes and bunzl group discounts via app for holidays, restaurants, food shopping, gym membership and child care.
Cons
lots of plc rules and policies
Plenty of prospect for progression within the Bunzl group, but hard to be recognised and reach personal goals due to poor management and lack of appreciation. External, inexperienced, uninterested and overpaid staff employed for senior roles who are more interested in pointing the blame at other departments rather than focusing on improving their own. Typical day would be starting early and finishing late, usually working through lunch hour. Some branches have much better work environments and facilities with better break areas compared to others. Hardest part of my job is supporting senior staff with day-to-day duties, taking focus away from my own role and duties. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with my close team who are all extremely supportive and self sufficient.
Pros
Share save scheme
Cons
Blame-culture
Visiting customers with a view to increase profitable business in a consultative manor. To effectively deal with customer issues to a satisfactory resolution. Planning my week making appointments, submitting quotes, attending internal and external meetings, training, report writing.
Pros
Product Discounts
Cons
Wish i had got offered a full time job with greenhams to be honest loved my time there but unfortunatly i was with an agency and there wasnt any need for me anymore as the work load died down
There are plenty of hard workers , making up for the inherent lazy culture of many staff in many positions at most locations. Plenty of own transport yet use fed ex for local deliveries ( drivers decide they must be back by 1pm and dictate what they will do ) Pay is poor and much is expected of you for little or no benefit. Positive is - things are starting to change, Slowly but until all the problem areas are acknowledged change won’t happen. Customers and staff are not important really and long servers are treated to worse contracts than new starters. Especially for sick pay. Shocking really. Share save is good perk- discount isnt as cost prices are inflated so not a good deal.
Pros
Free lunch of toast and teas coffee. Share save
Cons
Career opportunities are a no go, rather employ externally and on better terms
I enjoy working for Bunzl Greenham due to everyday being different with new challenges. The people are what make the business and the company do try their best to recognise this. They have a great training opportunities with e-learning, they even allow you to up skill in an area that’s not relevant to your role.
Pros
Great people, enviroment, development, e-learning, business.
Cons
Career opportunites as there are few roles and long service within the busienss so little movement.
  1. Employee reviews