Bupa

United Kingdom1,762 reviews

Found 1,762 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,470 reviews

Rewarding

Featured review

Bupa selected this as a representative review
Loved dealing with different People, with their queries, worries, advice etc. We had a good team of Workers and we would always work as a team and our Manager was always available for help and advice.

Pros

Worked as a Team

Cons

Commuting

Great employer

Loved working here and they continually strive to do the best for their customers and colleagues. A caring and nurturing environment with good opportunities for progression if you want it.

Pros

Private healthcare, employee assistance programme, great colleagues

Cons

Continual pressure from competitors

Awful Management

Dealing with inbound calls relating to upcoming hospital admissions and invoice queries. Learned that a huge company can have such awful managers. Always give massive over the top presentations about how the company is adapting, yet so many outdated systems and backwards processes. Managers don’t like it if you raise suggestions for areas that need improving, for some reason they see it as a personal attack at them/the business.QA and KPI’s get changed without you being informed and you only become aware when you get a failed call, despite not even being given any notice for the change of process. Oh, and you will get quizzed by your manager if you go to the toilet outside of your scheduled break.If you want to be treated like a number then I’d recommend this job as that’s all you are seen as. It’s not what you know but who you know, with no development opportunities if your not “friendly” with the management team. God forbid you get sick or struggle with mental health issues as they will try everything they can to get rid of you.This company has one of the biggest staff turnover I’ve ever seen, which is no surprise considering the pay is awful compared to the complexity and ever growing workload that keeps getting added to your role.

Great workplace

I thoroughly enjoy working for Bupa Dental Care. The area manager is lovely, I have had a great experience with the team and I have no negative things to say.

Supportive and structured

A fantastic team! Best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. There is never a dull day at the practice, we all work very had and achieve our individual goals. I feel very rewarded at work.

Enjoyable and supportive

My role in clinical is interesting and challenging .I have freedom but feel well supported in my daily role .Frustrations are mechanisms and processed in a big company sometimes stifle local solutions and initiative .Overall I rate Bupa as a good company

A rewarding journey

Working for Bupa gave me the opportunity to meet some incredible people and be part of a community that works towards its goals as a team. As a clinician I found all the support I could hope for, easy to access information and reliable specialists.

Supportive

A lovely place to work. With fantastic colleagues. Incredible and supportive management who really help you to grow within the company. Very proud and grateful to work for bupa.

bupa

Bupa is a lovely place to work, but overall the management are not clear and transparent as they say, you definitely need to fit in. very busy work life, staff are wonderful.

Pros

lovely atmosphere

Cons

management lack skills for communication

Great Company and Team

Since joining Bupa Dental Care as a Practice Manager the support for the whole practice team is like nothing I have experienced before. Bupa Dental Care values their employees and its great to work within and lead a team where everyone feels valued and is recognised for their achievements. There is so much opportunity for career progression to all members of the team within clinical and non-clinical roles.

21 Years and counting! A Great place to work.

I work with an amazing team of hard working, dedicated nurses who put the needs of the patients before their own. The support and team work they show each other is fantastic and I am proud to be a part of it . Helping a patient through a procedure and watching their nerves fade is so satisfying and rewarding knowing that I have helped them overcome their dental anxieties.A great career with the chance to progress and develop as an individual if that is what with plenty of opportunities to progress within the company.Bupa looked after us all so well during the pandemic especially, keeping us up to date and informed so we all felt included.

Pros

Great team, loads of opportunities to develop and progress within the company, Lots of additional courses to enroll on (if there is a business need), Indemnity, GDC and CPD paid for, uniform all included.

Cons

Working in a hot decontamination room in the summer.

Great company Values

Bupa really is a company where the values are something the upper management live and breath. There is a big focus on how we impact the environment and society and I really enjoy being part of that. It is a very risk adverse company which gives me more confidence as a registrant but not a good company to work for if you want to cut corners or avoid policy. If you want to work in a highly compliant and engaging environment with great security and company benefits this is the place for you

Great working environment

Bupa are good to work for, I have been here a year and a half now and am enjoying it. If you work hard you get recognised and the staff are very welcoming.

Pros

Lunches, small additional perks, can earn overtime to use TOIL or extra pay.

Cons

Not amazing pay

Diverse and inclusive

Family friendly company that looks after its employees. Movement towards change is a little slow. Salaries are OK and the benefits are good, but bonuses are terrible!

Pros

Lots of flexibility, good benefits.

Welcoming , encouraging and supportive

I have worked in the organisation in a specialist dentistry for a number of years - there have been many changes in that time. Bupa most definitely has its finger on the pulse and continues to be innovative throughout the organisation as a whole . Every day is busy and every day throws up new challenges. My team and my area continue to feel supported and safe, working for an organisation that embraces change and understands the importance of looking after their employees in line with personal growth as well as encouraging professional development.

Wonderful team

I started working for Bupa almost one month ago. I haven't worked in an office environment for a long term but I have to say that I have never felt so welcome before. Everyone here has made me feel so welcome. Not only that the training and learning has been exceptional. Whilst I am not there yet I feel like I have learnt so much and that is thanks to the amazing support from my colleagues. It's so reassuring to be part of a team that has each others backs and will always help one another. The hardest part is learning the system and the way all bookings work but I will get there. Its great to be part of a company that has such a positive impact on each individuals lives.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Not used to sitting all day

Productive and great place to work

I'm a receptionist here and love diary management. It's satisfying knowing I've pleased a patient by meeting their needs and filling any gaps. No day is the same. I've learnt so much from speaking with patients, therapists and sitting in on treatments. Yes, it can be busy, but it helps the day go quicker :)

Pros

Friendly staff and odd free lunch!

Cons

You never know when it's going to extremely busy

Caring employer

I consider this company as very caring and ethical. They think about employees and their well-being. Had a lot of support during the pandemic and it is just a pleasant place to work at.

Fair and inclusive workplace

BUPA dental is a great place to work, we have passionate leadership from the very top. There are career opportunities for all from receptionist’s to nurses. I have worked here for over 11 years and still enjoy my job.

Pros

Great benefits

Fun fast paced workplace

Bupa was a great place to work at, the management team were really supportive. Progression opportunities are always available, I progressed from a housekeeper to an activities coordinator.

Lazy, unprofessional, unorganised and uncomfortable environment

I worked for one of their care homes and I wouldn't recommend. They are extremely unorganised, the manager at the home doesn't even care about how the place is run and how overworked and stressed the staff are. There have been plenty times that the home has been left without a chef and the kitchen staff are just left to deal with the situation; even when the manager was in the building. Also, co workers have no problem disrespecting you and when you go to the supervisors about the problem, they dont take you seriously. To make matters worse, the co worker gets off Scot free.

Pros

Cons

Very unprofessional and unorganised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bupa with

• Bupa
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?