Bupa

Bupa Employee Reviews

Found 1,498 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Bupa selected this as a representative review
Hatfield Peverel Lodge is a friendly, welcoming and accommodating place to work. It is not like other nursing homes, it feels like you are working in a acute medical ward and I absolutely love working here! The management team are personable, relatable and very supportive. Allowing for you to develop as a health care practitioner and supportive of change. The home environment is so clean, it actually is one of the cleanest environments I have worked in, the food is outstanding and the care delivered to the residents is faultless. Everyone here from the managers, the care staff, most of the rgn’s, the housekeepers, catering , admin, to the maintenance staff have made me feel so welcome and a part of their already formed team and I have literally been here for two weeks! I genuinely have nothing but praise for Hatfield peverel lodge and I finally have that feeling back of looking forward to going into work.
Pros
Supportive management, NMC fee reimbursed, support to grow and innovate new ideas, friendly, accommodating, free lunch, informative induction
Cons
None this is a great place to work!
10 November 2020
Thanks for the great feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you're enjoying working in one of our homes. We hope you continue to enjoy your career with us!
The care home was a wonderful work place with a real family feel and a brilliant team of employees and incredible residents. Always felt appreciated and supported by a lovely management team who work hard to care for the staff whilst striving to run an exceptional care home.
26 February 2021
Thanks for the great feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future!
Care industry is though and challenging, but also fun and heartwarming. If you are not a hands on people's person, this isn't for you! Pay attention to details, be fast, be ready, be fair and onest, be open and curious. And you might succed. As a big corporate company they do offer pathways to progress into other job roles.But it is not always easy: level of staffing might be low, the skills of new comers might not be the best, work long hours, fast passing, putting others first...taking accountability for your actions. At the end of the day it is all about the impact that you had on the residents lives.
Pros
Free Hot Meal on a 12 hours shift, Shoe Allowance, Study while working, Free Online Access to different Trainings
Cons
36 hours of Shadowing only after the theoretical induction which is 4 days, unpaid breaks, handwritten paper documentation
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We would encourage you to speak to your manager about some of the things you have raised in your review but if you don't feel comfortable doing so, you can use our confidential Speak Up Service and any issues will be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html ^JL
Felt safe at Bupa more so due to covid we had all PPE kept safe and well informed with updates and excellent infection control excellent resident and staff support
26 February 2021
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive comments, they're great to hear! We hope you continue to enjoy your career with us!
Bupa is a fulfilling place to be because of the nature of the work. I would say the workload is unreasonable for the wages you get and it can become stressful when you have a high workload with not enough time, which no one seemed to care about. Management never checked if you were happy or if you had any problems. The home itself was nice and staff were good at their jobs but I personally struggled to keep up physically and I am young and fit. If you really care about the wellbeing of elderly or poor health people then this is a perfect place to work, however it was physically impossible to clean up to the proper standards with what time you had. 30 rooms and communal areas, bathrooms, etc, on your own within 7 hours might sound easy but it is not. If you care about doing the job properly, which it should be in my opinion as hygiene is so important, staff need more time or there should be 2 cleaners on shift at the same time so that the workload is halved and a thorough job can be done.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of work to be done within a small amount of time
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience so far. We would encourage you to speak to your manager about this but if you don't feel comfortable doing so, you can use our confidential Speak Up Service and any issues will be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html
Long hours, always short staffed, staff members too faced.managent are a joke. If your face fits your ok but things can change very quicklyThe only thing i liked was the residents and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, not appriciated
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience at one of our homes. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.
Great company to work for. But pay is not that great for the work you do. The job is very rewarding but can be stressful and hard work at times. If pay was improved it would be fantastic
Pros
Caring for vulnerable people
Cons
Pay
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future!
I worked for the company for 4years the only real reason for me leaving was my line manager, salary and the fact the I needed to relocate and was stopped from getting a transfer to another location.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions with you own practice
Cons
Low salaries
Management are very supportive. I know I can talk through any concerns or ask for advice at any time and feel empowered by my line manager. The training and development opportunities avaliable are incredible and my workplace are helping me grow professionally each and every day. I have many hard working colleagues who are fantastic. The concensus in my home is that our residents can have absolutely anything they want and that going the extra mile is common practice. Definitely the best care home I have worked for. I feel lucky to be part of a home that really cares, not just about it's residents but about its staff as well. Care work is always hard work, but hard work is repaid and naturally rewarding as all care workers make a difference every day without fail.
Pros
Line Management. Training. Caring Culture
26 February 2021
Low paid Long hours No growth within company Lack of manager support No progression Unprofessional dentistsNo bonus scheme High staff turnover so unable to build team relationships
Pros
Cons
Low paid
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bupa?
Decided to close the practice I was working at with 3 months of notice. Very confusing during the COVID pandemic with PPE and safety. Aside from this, the job was interesting and the staff were brilliant.
Pros
Close distance
Cons
Poor management
My role was very challenging but equally rewarding, the on site team were fantastic. The salary package was very good. the company promote a can do culture shared by all. Without a doubt one of the best roles I have. I was made welcome from day 1
Pros
Off site management meetings with food included it felt like an event
Cons
None I can think of
1 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, it's always great to read such positive comments. We wish you all the best for the future!
For the role the wage don’t reflect the importance of its staff it’s a hard on the mental role from the early hour in the morning but managers are power hungry and rude and condescending
11 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience whilst working at Bupa. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.
I worked at a care home for just under a month before leaving i had no experience in the job and was given 4 days training watching presentations and given 3 days to shadow in the home, and the majority of the shadowing I was told to sit down somewhere, before i was thrown out on the floor knowing nothing. The employees on my first day didn’t even say hello and were rude about me having no experience. I couldn’t imagine working there long term as I was given no support from members of staff and was shown a little bit of support from management. I wouldn’t recommend this company to work for if your new at the job as they aren’t supportive and are unkind to newcomers.
Pros
Provide free lunches, nice residents
Cons
Long hours, very unsupportive, old staff and new staff divide
7 January 2021
Be prepared to see unfair and sad things that you can't "fight ".Poor management...they don't care about the staff...overall was a really bad experience!
Cons
Infection control
7 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our managers have an open door policy to listen to feedback from their teams so we're sorry to hear this wasn't your experience as it doesn't reflect our culture or behaviours. We take all feedback seriously but encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that any issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.
Bupa home is well managed however the shifts are busy so be prepared. Support usually there.I have left due to injury but would consider going back. They have plans to improve work culture so it is a positive sign. Management less involved so this helps the team to get on with tasks. I like that there wasn't any favouritism so the team could get on with the floor.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Can be heavy and extremely busy
7 January 2021
Thanks for the feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future!
Manager is lovely, other members of staff were two faced and not very nice at all. Ended up leaving after working there for 6 years due to this. Free CPD, registration paid for but overall not worth the long days and stress.
Pros
Cpd, registration, staff parking
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Please please do not work for Bupa they are unorganized always under staffed managers are bossy and rude. My worst work experience ever in care. Very low pay for the hard work required better of working at a department store you’ll get more Pay than Bupa.
Pros
Cons
Low pay no organization bad management
7 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at one of our care homes isn't positive. We take all feedback seriously and would encourage you to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that you don't feel comfortable raising to your manager so any issues can be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html
Awful!! Unfair nasty members of staff. Left due to bullying in the workplace by head receptionist. Management is very very poor. Target driven practices
- Inclusive - Really care about their people and customers - Opportunities to be challenged- Supportive - Good work / life balance on the whole- Great culture - Many people who have been there for 20+ years which says a lot about the company- Investment in development- Great benefits
4 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review and your comments, they are great to hear! We wish you all the best for the future.
Bupa is very popular friendly and helpful to both residents and members of the public adequate social welfare provided to work people and strict health and safety standards provided and convid-19 in accordance with the nhs standards
Pros
Lunches provided at break time
Cons
Long hours worked sometimes to cover shifts
4 December 2020