Bupa

Bupa Employee Reviews

Found 1,505 reviews matching the search
At first was a great company, then quickly changed. High customer costs means 1000+ calls a day. All complaints. All difficult calls. Plus difficult KPI's means very hard to do job. They do competitions and games to boost KPI but cannot mask the difficulties. Very stressful environment. Shift patterns are horrible.
Pros
Subsided Canteen, free on-site gym
Cons
Poor work shifts, can be very demanding and stressful
I learned something new every day, from how to care for residents to where to find their information. How to work the different equipment used by the residents, allergens, medications and different food type preparation.
Pros
Staff are very helpful
Cons
I was in the staff bank
16 April 2021
Thanks for the great feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future! ^JL
Lots of lazy staff who just want to come to work and sit in an office to chat even though so much work needs completing. Staff are rude.Care home still uses pen and paper. Too time consuming. Electronic system would be quicker.Residents are a pleasure to care for.Management supportive.
Pros
Home is spread into four units
Cons
Presured to work overtime
16 April 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience at one of our homes. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future. ^JL
Very stressful job, expected to know alot and cope with a lot compared to salary. Constantly monitored on KPI's. Burn out can be a strong possibility, company like to focus on talks about burn out but when it comes down to it will enforce working environment and stop you taking holidays because its busy. Immediate management are nice but further up come up with bad ideas.
Pros
Private healthcare very cheap, Eap, inclusive
Cons
Stressful, low pay
Excellent, offer in house training,opportunity to climb the ladder, friendly,, if they something more they will advise and encourage you to go further.
Pros
Free traing
16 April 2021
The thought of working at Bupa was exciting at the time. Great office(Salford), most people are good and friendly. Casual dress code, so makes the place seem more friendly. They have structures as expected from large company. But, when you work there, you seem to be just a number, can easily be replaced. Managers don't care much. When you have issue, they seem to just rather not have to deal with it than try to work with you. At the end I was very disappointed. I expeted them to be better because of the industry they're in.
Pros
Good trendy office, friendly colleagues
Cons
Need a better management ethics
Some of the best people you will ever meet work for Bupa. No matter what team you work for, everyone is so friendly and always willing to help and support when they can. The company promotes wellbeing and authenticity and you do feel proud and appreciated as an employee. The downside is that it is difficult to grow your salary no matter how much time you spend in the company. They say many opportunities for growth but it's either growth without the pay to commensurate or it is difficult to get into a department because someone else has been given a leg up. For a health insurer, maternity benefits are poor..one of the worst in the industry, non transparent pay policies (in one dept the salaries are drastically different between colleagues for similar service times). You do feel secure when working for Bupa but there are many changes to teams etc which tend to have the appearance of clandestine operations at times. Holiday allowance is decent, most managers are fab
Pros
Free fruit, some good benefits like eye test, colleagues, internal seminars
Cons
Systems, maternity benefit, pay increases, progression
Good. Friendly. Free lunches. Work as a team. Job is not easy. Demanding. Staffs happy. 3 day off. It you work 4 days. Learn a lot about dementia. Lots ot training
Pros
Free lunches
1 April 2021
Large dental practice and staff very welcoming and made me feel part of the team from day one. Acting manager (manager on maternity leave) was extremely knowledgeable and very approachable, nothing was ever a problem and got the team through the first months of lockdown. Always kept us informed of all the changes. Only reason for leaving was due to my family relocating.
The care home was a wonderful work place with a real family feel and a brilliant team of employees and incredible residents. Always felt appreciated and supported by a lovely management team who work hard to care for the staff whilst striving to run an exceptional care home.
26 February 2021
Care industry is though and challenging, but also fun and heartwarming. If you are not a hands on people's person, this isn't for you! Pay attention to details, be fast, be ready, be fair and onest, be open and curious. And you might succed. As a big corporate company they do offer pathways to progress into other job roles.But it is not always easy: level of staffing might be low, the skills of new comers might not be the best, work long hours, fast passing, putting others first...taking accountability for your actions. At the end of the day it is all about the impact that you had on the residents lives.
Pros
Free Hot Meal on a 12 hours shift, Shoe Allowance, Study while working, Free Online Access to different Trainings
Cons
36 hours of Shadowing only after the theoretical induction which is 4 days, unpaid breaks, handwritten paper documentation
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We would encourage you to speak to your manager about some of the things you have raised in your review but if you don't feel comfortable doing so, you can use our confidential Speak Up Service and any issues will be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html ^JL
Felt safe at Bupa more so due to covid we had all PPE kept safe and well informed with updates and excellent infection control excellent resident and staff support
26 February 2021
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive comments, they're great to hear! We hope you continue to enjoy your career with us!
Bupa is a fulfilling place to be because of the nature of the work. I would say the workload is unreasonable for the wages you get and it can become stressful when you have a high workload with not enough time, which no one seemed to care about. Management never checked if you were happy or if you had any problems. The home itself was nice and staff were good at their jobs but I personally struggled to keep up physically and I am young and fit. If you really care about the wellbeing of elderly or poor health people then this is a perfect place to work, however it was physically impossible to clean up to the proper standards with what time you had. 30 rooms and communal areas, bathrooms, etc, on your own within 7 hours might sound easy but it is not. If you care about doing the job properly, which it should be in my opinion as hygiene is so important, staff need more time or there should be 2 cleaners on shift at the same time so that the workload is halved and a thorough job can be done.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of work to be done within a small amount of time
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this has been your experience so far. We would encourage you to speak to your manager about this but if you don't feel comfortable doing so, you can use our confidential Speak Up Service and any issues will be thoroughly investigated. You'll find the details here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html
Long hours, always short staffed, staff members too faced.managent are a joke. If your face fits your ok but things can change very quicklyThe only thing i liked was the residents and caring for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, not appriciated
26 February 2021
Great company to work for. But pay is not that great for the work you do. The job is very rewarding but can be stressful and hard work at times. If pay was improved it would be fantastic
Pros
Caring for vulnerable people
Cons
Pay
26 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future!
I worked for the company for 4years the only real reason for me leaving was my line manager, salary and the fact the I needed to relocate and was stopped from getting a transfer to another location.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions with you own practice
Cons
Low salaries
Management are very supportive. I know I can talk through any concerns or ask for advice at any time and feel empowered by my line manager. The training and development opportunities avaliable are incredible and my workplace are helping me grow professionally each and every day. I have many hard working colleagues who are fantastic. The concensus in my home is that our residents can have absolutely anything they want and that going the extra mile is common practice. Definitely the best care home I have worked for. I feel lucky to be part of a home that really cares, not just about it's residents but about its staff as well. Care work is always hard work, but hard work is repaid and naturally rewarding as all care workers make a difference every day without fail.
Pros
Line Management. Training. Caring Culture
26 February 2021
Low paid Long hours No growth within company Lack of manager support No progression Unprofessional dentistsNo bonus scheme High staff turnover so unable to build team relationships
Pros
Cons
Low paid
Decided to close the practice I was working at with 3 months of notice. Very confusing during the COVID pandemic with PPE and safety. Aside from this, the job was interesting and the staff were brilliant.
Pros
Close distance
Cons
Poor management
My role was very challenging but equally rewarding, the on site team were fantastic. The salary package was very good. the company promote a can do culture shared by all. Without a doubt one of the best roles I have. I was made welcome from day 1
Pros
Off site management meetings with food included it felt like an event
Cons
None I can think of
1 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, it's always great to read such positive comments. We wish you all the best for the future!
For the role the wage don’t reflect the importance of its staff it’s a hard on the mental role from the early hour in the morning but managers are power hungry and rude and condescending
11 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear this was your experience whilst working at Bupa. We take all feedback seriously and would always encourage people to use our confidential Speak Up Service for any issues that they don't feel comfortable raising to their manager, so that issues can be thoroughly investigated. Please find more information here: secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/102918/index.html We wish you all the best for the future.
  1. Employee reviews