Bupa

United Kingdom1,787 reviews

Found 1,787 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,502 reviews

Great for a career

Featured review

Bupa selected this as a representative review
Well supported to go as far as you want to go. If you’re happy to keep doing the job you love they make your life easier with great benefits and really supportive clinical and non clinical teams. Best move I’ve ever made!

Pros

Great support structure

A really disappointing place to work

I've been working for Bupa Dental as a Dental Nurse and Treatment Coordinator for 5.5 years, due to leave soon. My team at practice level were great and supported each other - but to work for Bupa as an organisation is a joke. They only care about how much money is being made and 'upselling' dentistry to people (not what it's about?) and do not care for their staff on the front line whatsoever. Totally expendable, the pay is so tragic and you may as well work in a supermarket for more money and you don't need a 2 year qualification to do it. There is some room for progression but only if there is a position available or you are willing to relocate. Bupa do not care about recognition, reward or retention and continually make a mockery of their staff. Overworked, underpaid and undervalued. Bupa have unfortunately ruined my experience in dentistry and I shall not be returning for the foreseeable.

Pros

Paid CPD

Cons

Long hours, very poor wage, lack of progression, no recognition unless you work in head office, company lie and do not listen to clinical staff

Insights into Bupa

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Product

Enjoy my job. Job satisfaction. Amazing colleagues. Bad pay and management does not really care about staff. staff is just a number. No shift is the same. No training for complex residents. They bring in residents even if there is a shortage of nurses. Mostly have agency staff who do not know the residents. Mistakes can be made.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Staff shortage

low paid for hard work

After my 3 month experience working for Bupa at Cleveland House as a carer, I do not recommend it at all. Starting from very long recruiting process /over 2 months/ finishing on very poor management. All shifts I worked we were low staff. It makes that job really hard and unfair for the residents. Apparently it was ongoing issue for a while and the manager seems do not care much for her staff.

Inclusive and Energetic, forward thinking management

Typical day - busy and interesting, you day will go really quickly. Management & culture are inclusive, forward thinking and supportive. I love my job

Poor culture & management

8 yrs as an employee.They pay off for good reviews.Recently amended starting salary to look competitive but current staff on much lower.No loyalty.Whatever it is, if they think they can get away with it, they'll do it.

Poor Pay, No Progression, Soul Destroying

Pros: CPD is paid for and very well maintainedBupa is a recognised brand name (however not one I was proud to work for once you see behind the fancy advertising etc)Cons: Pay rates are way below standard and pay rises are rare and very minimal (1-3%)Absolutely no career progression at all (although lots of empty promises of it).Staff morale is through the floorNo feeling of being valued or appreciated…Only ever acknowledged for the negative.High staff turnover No mental health support despite their amazing tv advert for it!!A typical day was turn up, be overworked, underpaid, under appreciated and leave wanting to cry and not return the next day. Overall, I would not recommend working here when there are many other better paid practices with nicer staff and company values.

Great company to workfor

22 years with the company is a review in itself, there are great opportunities in Bupa and the company really values it's people. There are opportunities to develop both professionally and personally with a good part of the team undergoing apprenticeships to improve themselves

Pros

great work life balance

its ok

The company is ok. Long hours for not much pay, you dont get paid enough for the work you have to do daily basis. if you are going to work here do the course with BUPA not privately as this can make it complicated when doing coursework

Pros

hour lunch breaks

Cons

long hours not enough pay

Great place to work with a strong purpose and culture

Great and flexible place to work that puts people first.Senior management team drives with progress with strong and passionate values and Company culture.Makes me fee proud to work here

Ok place to work

They look after you, but it is all about numbers and managers have very little time for you. The calls can be difficult and they are understaffed. The people who work there are great, but you get very limited time together

challenging

great place would recommend highly if you like a challenge, can be hard at times but also very rewarding, very well ran company, was working for pupa for a long while now just working my way up even higher

Great company to work for, it values its people and this is reflective in the culture.

Bupa Dental Care, is bizzy, challenging and thought provoking.They deliver a level of care for all their patients which makes us feel that we are making a positive difference to our customers.Although our work is hard and the constant pace of change is constant, I find my job both rewarding and fulfilling, I go home each day with a sense of achievement.

Pros

security, benefits, change, belonging

Great experience working at Bupa Dental Care

A typical day at my job consists of many patient centric tasks, the patient always comes first and that is something that i love about my job. The management in my practice and area are always willing to push you to improve and support you in any way necessary. The team that I work in is large but everyone feels like a family, we are a close knit group who help each other succeed in our given tasks.

Productive workplace

It's a good place to work at for job security. A lot of training is provided and encouraged within the company. The interview process was easy to understand and straightforward.

Supportive and encourages growth

I have worked at Bupa for 10 years. The company and management are so supportive. I have progressed through my career within Bupa, I started as a receptionist and have grown to my current management post. I have been supported through a diploma by the Bupa. I love the team I work with and this is really 'the home of my career'.

Productive and busy practice. Excellent place to work.

Very nice place to work. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Busy practice. Its an early start but also an early finish. Off every Saturday which is great. Lovely team to be part off. Have been working here since last August and I have settled in very well. For anyone wishing to train as a dental nurse I would highly recommend Bupa. A typical day starts at 7.30 am and finished at 4.30pm. Lunch is an hour. The day goes in quickly because you are so busy.

Pros

Free dental treatment

Cons

Very busy

Great place to work with people investment at the forefront of their decisions

No day is ever the same. Relaxed atmosphere within the team (very open and honest), however, you work in a busy and fast paced environment. Senior management is open to feedback and welcomes change. The company are willing to invest in their team and there are opportunities to develop and progress. This is a very customer focused organisation and the patient focus is evident in all the processes.

Pros

Reward for doing a good job

Cons

Can be very busy

Great Place to Work

A typical day at work is varied and fast paced.I have learned there is a different way of working at Bupa. I come from a retail background with pressure on sales and no thought of motivation. Bupa is the opposite. The management are caring and will leave you to run your practice.The workplace culture is collaborative and caring.The hardest part of the job is multi tasking.The most enjoyable part is feeling valued and working with my team.

Pros

All the Bupa Perks eg. health benefits hub.

Cons

Can be stressful at times.

Good work

Good to work for. Good hours of work. Deals with problems that arise quickly. Listen to staff when they have any issues. Food suplled. Pay not the best.

Face paced environment for team focused individuals

Bupa is ambitious as a company, driven by wanting to deliver the best for it's people and customers. This leads to a dynamic and focused group of people, with people truly living the values of the organisation. The culture is great here - more than just a headline!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bupa with

• Bupa
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?