Bupa
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Bupa

Bupa Employee Review

Free training , working environment

Free course, break pay, sick leave pay, little bit feel pressured because working with big name company. Learn more about job. Management equal to all. Love working during Christmas. Love to work as part of bupa.

Pros

Free lunch

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful and depressing place to work

I was at my Bupa home for around 7 months as a senior carer. I knew from day 1 and being there for an hour that I’d hate it, but I thought I’d give it a try. Management didn’t care and were very cliquey, agency staff wouldn’t turn up and management wouldn’t know what to do. There were many times I’d meant to be on a nursing shadow shift to transition into the nurse role and halfway through the day I’d be called off to work on the floor as we were ALWAYS understaffed. Very very high staff turnover, half of them didn’t have uniforms even when working there for months.After I realised I’d be expected to start nursing with only a half day of shadow shifts I decided to leave, as it would’ve been dangerous to put my residents safety and my PIN number on the line.Bupa working weeks are Friday to Friday. Supposed to be working 36 hours (3x days a week) but due to this strange loophole I ended up being put down for 5x 12 hour shifts. I struggle physically and mentally as is, and working 60 hours in a normal week was too much.

Cons

Poor management, understaffed, no staff incentives, no enrichment for residents, disorganised shifts
Same role

Understaffed

The Bupa Care home I work is under staffed most days. The Sickness is the highest of any Company I've ever worked for.Agency Staff there a lot and dont know what they're doing.

Pros

Free Lunches, time and half for overtime

Cons

Long hours, under staffed
Same location

Busy , faced paced

Hard work faced paced environment. The work at warren lodge as with any dementia home could be very hard and stressful but at the end of the day I found working here very rewarding and I enjoyed my work , especially Seeing the residents smile was what made ot a good day .

Pros

Seeing happy residents

Cons

Rota

Official response from Bupa

1 March 2022
Thanks for the feedback! We're really pleased to hear that you had a good experience of working in one of our homes. We wish you all the best for the future! ^JL

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement