Buzz Bingo
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Buzz Bingo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom214 reviews

bingogalaunsociablerotasplitclubawfullovely

Fun but shifts are awful

Great place to work but the 4 hour shifts every evening just to make your hours up are gruelling. Some staff don’t do any work and sit on the same department every shift while others are working understaffed

Pros

Customer interaction

Cons

Short shifts

Stressful,

Do not even apply. Management are a joke and unless you are in the clique then you don't stand a chance. It used to be a great job but too many staff have been 5here forever and hate new starters.

Insights into Buzz Bingo

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Better jobs out there.

Young management where I was. No direction and inadequate training of staff. No social life and sometimes rostered to do 6 day weeks. If you’re on a double shift expect to be there 12hrs plus. Lack of breaks. You have to be able to multitask. Bar, food running, cook, host and so on. Only bonus was if you hit targets whilst calling. No incentive for further progression. Management cared more about the money coming in than customers. High staff turnover.

Pros

Some Saturdays off

Cons

Read my review again!

Good

I worked here and it was a good place to work. Nice team and the customers were great. Duties were enjoyable. Plenty to do to keep busy but due to many customers being regular faves it's a good opportunity to build rapport with them.

Fun, enjoyable and challenging

Great place to work, great staff and management team. Great opportunities to develop and further yourself. Customers can be lovely. Shifts can be challenging but enables a sense of achievement when the customers have had a good time.

Pros

Great team, great customers

Cons

Hours

Not a bad place - management never seem happy

Loved working there at first-once training was completed management never seem please, like you're not doing enough. Members of staff are lovely and some of the customers are a great laugh

Fun

Great place to work, brilliant staff and the managers are really nice people with their own personalities. I wish they could open the kitchen during our breaks so we could have something to eat, but other than that I am enjoying my time at Buzz Bingo.

It was fun

I enjoyed a lot of my time working at buzz bingo, originally Gala bingo. We had so much fun and I loved the buzz (pardon the pun) of the place! Unfortunately it’s now extremely quiet and no way near like it used to be. The working days/nights used to fly by when it was busy but there aren’t many that go in anymore. The downside was the hours you had to do. I missed a lot of time with my daughter due to me having to go to work in the afternoon as she was at school and then not getting home until 12.

Good

Good company to work for. Fair when organising the rota. Email to request holidays as the time sheet app doesn’t always work when requesting holidays. Paid every 4 weeks with online oayslios

`fun work place

management could support staff better other then that a good place to work lovely people split shifts can be a pain with family life job ideal for a student

Pros

staff discount on food

Cons

long hours, split shifts

Fast paced,

Fast paced, fun place to work but get ready to do some real work, every day is diffrent so it's definitely not a boring job.Split shifts so be prepared for that.

Pros

Good managment

Friendly place to work

Social and friendly place to work. Jobs are varied. Can be quiet at times but then there are also busy days. Rate of pay is average. Weekend working is essential

Pros

Fun and sociable

Cons

Hours can be long. Fully flexible is essential

Don’t work there , minimum wage for unsociable hours

If you want a life don’t work at buzz bingo. You work unsociable hours for minimum wage Management expects you to do their job for them and blame you when it doesn’t get done. No training and no communication . No respect for customers and management tells the staff to deal with everything eg complaints

Pros

Going home

Cons

Starting your shift

Excellent Staff and Managment

Buzz is exactly the place to you if your looking for a job where you do a bit of everything, you will get incredible close to the people you work with and establish lasting relationships.

Used to be brilliant...could be again.

I worked for this company for many years and loved it. It had its had ups and downs, lots of changes but the majority of senior leadership were generally pretty decent and change orientated and while there were some ground breaking successes they also knew if a strategy wasnt working and involved club managers in learning and putting things right. The last few years of my time there it became pretty toxic. If you expressed concern over a decision you were accused of negativity, your opinion wasn't valued unless you were in agreement. Some of the "support" functions were just a conduit for harmful gossip. One in particular getting managers and staff to confide in her then running to Senior Management / Other GMs and putting a malicious spin on things, ironic given the course content being delivered. Even the risk managers liked a gossip. I don't entirely blame them. The type of culture creates these situations.There are still many amazing people there which made my decision to leave difficult but working in another company with a healthier culture just feels so much better and the comparison really hit home at how much negativity had set in at Buzz. That being said I wish the new leadership all the best. Just really pay attention.

Management cause drama

Management cause alot of drama and pin employees off against one another for the fun of it. If you're assaulted on work grounds by a customer then you can guarantee that the managers will value the customer over the safety of their staff.Very gossip orientated, staff always stealing in one way or another.Also tell you to be friendly with the customers and then backtrack.If you don't fit in with the other staff you will be pushed out and talked about to the point it makes you uncomfortable and their is no point raising it to Management as the managers have their favourites.Honestly don't have much positive to say about this place, expect you to give your life to the place, very unsociable hours. No benefits to the job whatsoever If you did decide to work here then keep your life private at all means.

All round time waster

Don't bother working unless you have no social life, don't mind being overworked and underpaid and unappreciated. Not a great company as a whole. Wouldn't recommend.

Fun place to work apart from the shift patterns

Loved working at the bingo, it was like a little family. The pay is ok but the shifts aren’t the best. They are split shifts due to the times of the bingo. But if this wouldn’t bother you then I would recommend the job.

Pros

Co-workers, fun place to work

Cons

Split shifts

rubbish

not worth it, unsociable hours, minimum wage, favorites promoted with no ability to do the job, constantly changing rotas that come out last minute...

Amazing place to work

Best place I have ever worked, always feel valued your opinion is listened too. Everyday is different my manager is lovely and easy to speak too. Love every part of my job :)

Place is a joke

Places a joke it's got that many managers you don't know who's in charge there all bully's especially the staff that have worked there years that think they run the place anybody thinking off applying I'd give it a wide birth your made to work till 1 o'clock in the morning ut still ly paid day rate per hour you'll have no social life you work from 10o a morning till half 3 in the afternoon then half to be back for 5 30 till 10 at nite some times 1 in the morning depending if your closing!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buzz Bingo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Buzz Bingo with

Learn about Buzz Bingo in popular locations

• Buzz Bingo
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?