Byron Hamburgers logo
Byron Hamburgers

Byron Hamburgers Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable learning experience.

Having worked at Byron I learned a lot about the importance of speed in working in a restaurant. The staff were very friendly to me and I appreciated how much time they took to help me in learning how their restaurant works.

All Talk, No Walk.

The recruitment and induction process for Byron was so exciting and the company culture and support looked great. After a training period I was parachuted into one of their busiest branches and I soon realised all of it was just facade.In my first 6 months I was completely left to run the floor and work the closes and doing 50 hours +, sometimes with less than 10 hours between shifts... It was always so busy that there was never an opportunity for me to train on new skills and my rota was usually at the mercy of a GM who wanted to have most evenings off. The salary would have been good if it was a 40hour week, but for 50hrs + it was pure extortion.I definitely wouldn't recommend this as a management career move, you will be wasting your time, GM positions awarded to those favored by certain cliques in the company, not earned through merit, and its often the DMs and AMs doing most of the hard work and late nights on the ground, doing almost exactly the same job but for far, far less money. I would recommend it as a temporary job, stopgap, or if you just need to be earning some money. It's not a bad job for casual staff or waiters either and there are some great people to work with so shifts can be fun.I left and didn't look back and I am happier and healthier for it.

Pros

Free food, good tips

Cons

Long hours, Low pay, you have to be flexible, they don't. Toxic macho managers who manage workload unfairly

exelente

maravilloso ambiente de trabajo mucho compañerismo y trabajo al lado de los lideres mano a mano trabaje casi 5 años en la compañia lo mejor se lo recomiendo a todos

Pros

staff party

Don’t work thwre

Don’t working in byrons unless your willing to put up with shocking management that don’t listen to you when you have issues, I’m currently the only one in the kitchen that speaks English, I wasn’t told this during my interview and now I spend most of the day on my own in silence while the other 6 speak in Romanian and listen to Romanian music. They only bright side to the job is that HR are very helpful and the pay is alright and long as they will honour your contract and give you the hours you need to survive.

Pros

HR is good with issues

Cons

I can’t speak Romanian

productive

Byron is a very busy restaurant and everybody works under pressure to the best of our ability to the satisfaction of our clients which is paramount to all.

Pros

Free meal

Not a good experience

I had my first experience with depression, they were not supportive at all. I wanted to progress and asked multiple times how i could improve to progress but was ultimately ignored.

Overall satisfied

No special review from my side of the view, I like to work in byron Hamburgers, we are great team, having lots of fun on shift and support each other.

Nothing too exciting to be honest

Tips that you get depends on which Byron you’re working at. Depends on the day and luck, depends on the customers and how you take care of them. There is no such thing as a fixed amount of tips every time you finish work.

Worthless

Good money for waiters good tips. Basic job . Basic knowledge. Manager/ super visor position less money for the amount of hours . GM Never present in the restaurant delegating always some one else his/ her job .

Good

Good place to work organize and with professional people how knows how to handle a real busy restaurant , a good chance to learn and improve about service

Jobs at Byron Hamburgers

See more jobs

Relaxed

Everyone was friendly. We get free burgers after every shift even if we've only worked for 2 hours. Also a 50% staff discount is super generous and was used a lot.

Byron makes you feel like you are part of a big family. Great atmosphere to work at. Friendly people. Quality and great service. the company gives great support to their staff.

Productive and fun workplace

I used to work in the kitchen. When I firstly started there I was hired as a Kitchen Porter but very soon I was upgraded to be a side chef, and not to much after I was Second Chef. My daily tasks varied according my position and of course they increased as I was moved up. Usually, I had to prepare all the ingredients and set up the kitchen in order to be ready for the service time. During this service time I grilled hamburgers and prepared the plates. At the end of each shift, I had to cowork to clean everything properly so It would be ready to go for the day after. Whilst workig there I developped outstanding organizational skills and time-management skills as they were pivotal for this role. The business culture of Byron is based on its motto of making things properly. Hence, attention to details, to its customers and its employees is what describes best its culture. The environment is always friendly and relaxed. It is really one of the best places I have ever worked at.

Quickpaced and busy

I am currently getting lower working hours, as season ends. Working in there is not bad, it's quick paced you need to do few things at once but in general its okay

it was nice

I worked all over London for Byron it was fine until the immigration thing happened then sales went down and down and so did our hours food was good and always quick I like what they did with the tip

Company in the middle of a change

The company has gone through a time of change and it's still in the process of finding its feet, when it come to how to treat managers and finding the right Work/ Life balance.... They are not so great at recognising potential on occasions and it feels like you have to kiss up to upper management as a few Ops hardly get the time to visit their stores. The management role is slightly easier than most as you are only selling burgers but you still get the chance to build a great team around yourself.

Good people and atmosphere

Atmosphere and people are very professional. It was a small company when I started and became a big chain now. It is one of the best place to work if you love management and fun at the same time.

You become a Fake Chef

Everyone can be a chef here in 5days.....only thing you learn it's how to mix mayo and ketchup which are 80% from all sauces.....stupid place.....busy in quantity but not quality...... If you want to be a Real Chef don't go in Byron.....

A circus!

Baby chef, Baby front, baby managment. People sometimes drunk same times didn t show up. Very very lazy GM and worse the AM. Was so caotic. Very hard send the people at home after they pass the probation period so you are in a situation very stressing. The big problem all the big chains have is..,. Always short of staff so they give the job to anyone making a bad staff. They Give position as manager to the people that really don t know not even where the toilet is in the restaurant becouse they need the managers and so is a circle than never end. I got 96% audit after 1month was there the previus audit they got not even passed and I can immagin why! I had to swet 1 month, fight and work so hard to get a nice audit becouse the situation I found was litteraly a huge disaster. Then after two months I left becouse was really too much. No support nothing. The area manager was so lazy no competence at all. No knowledge of food and haccp and just disappered! CIRCUS CIRCUS CIRCUS

dinamic and multi-ethnic workplace

working at byron it was a great experience for me in fact I met a great staff that helped me to learn new things about my position and a new point of view about worklife. I have to admit that working as kitchen porter it's really hard but it was like a new challenge to overcome everyday to provide an excellent service to customers. It's a place that I reccomend for those like me love being in touch with different cultures

Former Employee Review

AMAZING place to work! I worked at the York restaurant and all the other staff where so nice, everyone helped each other. The management where always helpful and understanding.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Byron Hamburgers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement