Byron Hamburgers

Byron Hamburgers Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Nothing too exciting to be honest

Tips that you get depends on which Byron you’re working at. Depends on the day and luck, depends on the customers and how you take care of them. There is no such thing as a fixed amount of tips every time you finish work.

All Talk, No Walk.

The recruitment and induction process for Byron was so exciting and the company culture and support looked great. After a training period I was parachuted into one of their busiest branches and I soon realised all of it was just facade.In my first 6 months I was completely left to run the floor and work the closes and doing 50 hours +, sometimes with less than 10 hours between shifts... It was always so busy that there was never an opportunity for me to train on new skills and my rota was usually at the mercy of a GM who wanted to have most evenings off. The salary would have been good if it was a 40hour week, but for 50hrs + it was pure extortion.I definitely wouldn't recommend this as a management career move, you will be wasting your time, GM positions awarded to those favored by certain cliques in the company, not earned through merit, and its often the DMs and AMs doing most of the hard work and late nights on the ground, doing almost exactly the same job but for far, far less money. I would recommend it as a temporary job, stopgap, or if you just need to be earning some money. It's not a bad job for casual staff or waiters either and there are some great people to work with so shifts can be fun.I left and didn't look back and I am happier and healthier for it.

Pros

Free food, good tips

Cons

Long hours, Low pay, you have to be flexible, they don't. Toxic macho managers who manage workload unfairly

productive

Byron is a very busy restaurant and everybody works under pressure to the best of our ability to the satisfaction of our clients which is paramount to all.

Pros

Free meal

Worthless

Good money for waiters good tips. Basic job . Basic knowledge. Manager/ super visor position less money for the amount of hours . GM Never present in the restaurant delegating always some one else his/ her job .

Relaxed

Everyone was friendly. We get free burgers after every shift even if we've only worked for 2 hours. Also a 50% staff discount is super generous and was used a lot.

it was nice

I worked all over London for Byron it was fine until the immigration thing happened then sales went down and down and so did our hours food was good and always quick I like what they did with the tip

Worst job ever

Well this company hires Supervisors to do Managers jobs of running their restaurants and when they need them as a waiters they pay the lower amount (minimum wage).

It is not about merit with management

You're not judged on merit when working at Byron, more on whether the management like you. The store also couldn't keep open so there was poor hours therefore poor money at times.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Dying company

Great Company with a family feel

I've only worked here for a few months but so far have loved everything about it. great culture and balance between fun and focused great benefits and chances to progress if your hungry is awesome

Pros

great culture and fantastic training scheme

Cons

change can make people nervous

Stressful and non stable

Was a really good company to work. Is not taking the right way to keep the company alive. Full time with 20 hours a week. Supervisors paid 9ph without service charge. Managers with no training to run a restaurant.

Pros

Good tips, flexible hours

Cons

5 hours contract, is not stable job

very good

very good to work for. i love it . good company. look after you. cant complain. good hours. good money. good staff food. nice to work there. thanks evrithinhg

Pros

free staff food

The most unprofessional work environment I have been in

Huge lack of communication from management. Even though I only worked there for less than 3 months, Staff never heard positive encouragement or was praised when doing a good job. It is a negative environment and there was always a mistake on the rota which resulted with myself being blamed. Lastly because I am a part time carer for a relative, I brought up the fact that I was unable to do so many double shifts in a row, they cut my hours from 35 a week to one or two half days a week. I even heard someone from the management team claim to have cut another member of staff’s hours to force them to resign.

very stressful!

I was meant to be put under training for 2 weeks but they got lazy and never bothered training me, a couple weeks down the line I got used to everything and I was accused by the manager of not cleaning and leaving the work space dirty, told him to check CCTV but he didn't because he knew I was right.... salary was great but its ashame about the management... STAY AWAY!!!

Pros

free lunch and coffee, good staff members

Cons

bad management and lack of comunication by managers

Productive and busy workplace

Started off "Front of House" which included welcoming customers, seating them and overall keeping the environment enjoyable. Also, helped out waitressing, taking bookings and bill paying.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Salary

Genial

Buen lugar para aprender una profesión, trabajar en equipo y tener un equilibrio económico.

Pros

sueldo y bonificaciones

Cons

estrés

Buen compañerismo y comidas gratis

Es una empresa comprometida con su producto y muy respetuosa con los empleados.

One of the best in hospitality industry

I work for the company for 8 months and to me is the best companyh I've worked for. Generally speaking the money for kitchen, waiters and bar are in the same levels as all around London, but the management team takes good money. They strictly follow all legislations and take really good care of their products, but hours will either be few or a lot!

Zero hour contract

Zero hour contract, minimum pay, shifts constantly cut at last minute. Managers pick favourites and give them shifts. It's all about up selling. Managers constantly asking how much extras you have sold. Treated very badly, please don't work here

Pros

Free food

Cons

Managers, pay.

Buen ambiente entre clientes y staff.

Es un lugar genial donde poder ir a comer con familia o amigos, donde el staff se encarga de que tu comida sea perfecta y salgas los mas satisfecho posible en todos los aspectos.

Pros

Reparticion de propinas y buenos descansos.

Cons

Excesivas horas de trabajo

Busy but fun and entuziast college

Wery happy place good team best place look like a small family it been wery best place to spend you day more fun even been very busy but fun and not much presure best place.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Hour was ok about 8/9 hours per day or single shift 9-15 or 9-17

Byron

Very poor manegmant,long hours,no culture,very bad company,all day only stress in kitchen,people no want lissten,challage person,very,very bad company

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Byron Hamburgers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement