C么te Restaurants logo
C么te Restaurants

C么te Restaurants Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Happily

It was a very challenging and busy restaurant , however the staff helps you through and you need to be very well trained so you can handle properly the guests and the peak times

Pros

Very good quality for food and service

Cons

A bit stressfull

Better places to work

This job is only for the people who have zero interest in a social life and like getting under compensated. Management makes you feel like you owe them and they have zero regard for your well-being. Holiday requests are frequently ignored and you鈥檙e expected to come to work even when you feel like death and are frequently overloaded with work due to the restaurant being understaffed to reduce costs. Try to stay away if possible.

Pros

*free lunches (you actually pay off your salary but they don鈥檛 tell you that or give you an option)

Cons

Long hours, poor pay (tips are a scam), no social life, work uniform is uncomfortable in all weather

Perfect place

Absolutely love Cote brassiere perfect place to work! Especially when you have so grate Team and Management! And I can鈥檛 complain about money! Definitely recommend!

Productive and fun workplace

It鈥檚 a lovely company to work for I really enjoyed my time there. The staff are amazing and ready to help. The management are great and the ones I worked for were very flexible and willing to help and support you.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

8 hours shift

Amazing team, great french food and down to earth

If you've worked in a restaurant before C么tes its very similar except for a few things (e.g calling customers guests, pouring wine properly). Its a really simply job.

Pros

Free food, really simple job, keep cash tips.

Cons

Strict on uniform.

Really lovely team

I worked at cote for over two years and have really enjoyed my time there. They are really good at taking your request days into account and making sure that you are happy with your hours and time there.

Pros

complimentary meal

Not a nice place to work at

It is not a nice place to work at all. They don鈥檛 treat their staff nicely. As a new member of staff you have to beg friends with supervisors for them to like you to make your shifts easier. Management is bad they don鈥檛 take complaints seriously and they only care about meting their target. Most of the workers there are horrible people they won鈥檛 make you feel welcome at all

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

Most of the staff are not nice, no diversity, racisms not all staff get the same pay

Stressful, but rewarding

Very high standards, work etique and strict rules set by this company means a lot of steress and high pressure comming from above. Culture of good-like directors and senior management.

Pros

Good salary, solid company with good structure.

Cons

Too much stress and pressure.

Good management

Stressful in busy hours , but other than that is a good place to work, good practices. Like the management, friendly staff, flexible shifts, meals while working.

Cons

Sometimes stressful

Fasted Paced Woekplace

I loved the business of working at cote, as there was always something to do or something that you could get on with. It was really fun working with a team - however I was promised a position in the summer holidays for multiple years, confirmed the job, and then never contacted after my first summer leaving for uni, which was confusing and a bit of a shame.

Jobs at C么te Restaurants

See more jobs

Nice place

it's a good place to work but the real situation with coronavirus doesn't help the sector, the company helps you since you start training and getting interested in you you enjoy a lot with the treatment of customers

Productive and fun workplace

Typical day at work it's busy. I improved my food and drink knowledge. There is an easy opportunity to develop. The company provides you everything to make it happen.

Fun place to work

Easy to work there if you enjoy hospitality, however, in terms of pay, it could be better for lower status staff as some of the restaurants are exceptionally busy. Nevertheless, hospitality in the UK in my view, Cote ranks first. Apart from the service charge sharing everything else works just fine.

Hard work

Great company for pay structure and if you are keen to develop yourself plus commit most of your life to the company! Very long days indeed and often alot of hours per week!

Corona Exceeding Expectation

Cote tells us day in day out to exceed our guests expectations whilst cutting labour and increasing its own expectations on us with regards to its company standards. Every day we receive emails and head office visits telling us to cut labour and other costs but still expect us to deliver the best service. Now, when the company has it's chance to show it's employee's how valued we are, it decides to allow all members of staff from kitchen porters to head chefs and all managers to drop down to 80% of minimum wage with no company support whatsoever. I used to be proud of where I worked, now I realise I mean nothing to the company.

Great company to work for

Cote is a great company to work for with great benefits and pay. Work life balance is not great as expected in hospitality. I think over the last year they have started to pull away from their core values. Management are put under great pressure to ensure wages and budgets fall in line. training and development is great with many courses and in house training. I do not agree with the Tronc system but it does provide a lot more money compared to other competition.

They don't care about staff at all

We were always understaffed, it was common to see coworkers having breakdowns from the stress on almost every shift. Commis' in tears as they are alone with 100 covers. Constant calls from head office to cut hours, even when it's busy. Absurd turnover in the kitchen. Rumours that holiday pay was paid through service charge.

Nice workplace

Very good environment for self development, good team members, nice shift patterns. A bit stresfull team.....shsjdkalajdndjakskehdbsbamdkbdbdhslspaudn

Great food and service.

Working for Cote for almost 5 years as part of a management team was a great experience. However a High turnover of General Managers upset the working environment! Service is very specific and needs to be a certain way and food and wine knowledge essential. The working hours are far too much and having to partake in meetings on days off makes it a very bad work/ home life balance.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Ridiculous hours

Ottimo posto

Come ADDETTO alla cucina ho imparato a gestire la mia mansione

Chef

Had a good time best service of overall places iv ever worked in my life, they had such an amazing menu to work with great food great envirenvironment

Pros

Good experience excellent service

Cons

Didnt have tips at the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C么te Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement