C-Change Scotland

C-Change Scotland Employee Reviews

Insights into C-Change Scotland

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Okay

Management don't take teaming issues seriously. You report something and they don't listen or gets dealt with appropriately.Your constantly contacted when off. Even annual leave. No support for struggling teams. If they stopped expanding and focussed of struggling teams they would have high turn around. Love the man I support but too many team dramas to contemplate staying which is a shame. Love the concept of date'n'mates. So many positive points to be made on their work.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long hours, too much drama, favourites, not enough support

26 July 2021
4 out of 5 stars, thank you! And you are right dates-n-mates is brilliant!

Inept management with no communication skills

Bad management no.communication skills they manage by having spies/ gossips in every camp and any communication is like a state secret no.empathy with staff and no concern when the staff are at breaking point just try and bully you into doing extra shifts regardless of how tired and stressed out you are constant high turnover in staff and mainly manned by agency workers who are just there for the money and not what the job is avoid applying with them not good for your health or sanity.

Pros

Cons

Poor management and managed by listening to gossip

Lack of mental health understanding

Managed out for poor mental health (during a pandemic).Enjoyed my job. Good balance. Good staff. Manager was really kind. Until my mental health wavered. Went through a humiliating OH referral only to lose my job.Really left me traumatised due to the encouragement to be honest and lack of attempt to understand.Care company, didn't care.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No support

Fast paced, friendly environment

Working in the office in support of front line colleagues no two days are the same. I work with a small, friendly and hard working group of people supporting our colleagues on the front line. This can be a fast paced, busy environment but the team of people I work with are second to none. Opportunities to grow and develop are there you need to grab them with both hands.

Pros

Friendly, supportive colleagues

Cons

Lots to do at times and not enough hours to do them in

Recognises potential

A very supportive company that recognises the potential you have and assists you in career advancement. Management are supportive and forward thinkers, they provide peer support meetings for the employees to have an opportunity to grow ideas, seek support from other colleagues and most importantly to share in each others joy at the work they do.The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye when you've assisted a person you work for in their personal development that they no longer require you which is the ultimate accolade,The most enjoyable part is walking along side someone on their journey of personal development and developing your own skills in the process.

Pros

Person Centred, Progressive company, Supportive, Fulfilling, Emphasis on reflective practice

Cons

you can become to attached to the person you work for

Dont do it

No support, no understanding from management, management nowhere to be seen and always in meetings. They say they appreciate staff and people you work for but they don't. Do not work here... everyone is looking for new jobs. Seniors don't step foot in services then talk to you like a piece of dirt. You do everything and the management take the praise for it while you are exhausted with the hours you're working

Pros

People you look after

Cons

Too many to write

26 July 2021
We appreciate everything colleagues do to help support people we work for to live their good life. Are you the type of person to go by what others say or do you rely on your own judgement? Apply now and find out for yourself; we are good people doing good work with the best of intentions.

Poor management

Personal development worker. Interview progress easy and straight forward. You will get thrown in the deep end with no company support. Poor management who don’t look after staff explains the high level of staff turnover. Not official training before you start so experience does help. Hours can be long with poor wage. Some people may enjoy this but be carful what your getting into. Make sure everything is in writing!

Pros

Service users

Cons

Management - Hours - Pay

26 July 2021
Good advice there, get everything in writing, that's why successful candidates receive written offers of employment whilst we wait for references and PVG's to be returned. Once all through, absolutely every new colleague receives a written contract, a new colleague handbook, inc copies of policies and procedures, details of all the benefits that come with joining a professional and forward-thinking organisation like us. To give you an idea, we have cycle- to- work scheme, a tech scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, salary advance scheme.. Sounds good right? Come join us in supporting children, families and adults with additional support needs to live their good life.

Good reliable company

Enjoyed my time with C-Change Good in house training and ongoing further education to gain recognised national awards Good relationship with service users and family they work for Has a good reputation with the care commission

Strong ethos organisation

C-Change Scotland's strong values ensures it's workforce are primarily of the same mind. This culture hasn't changed since it's inception in 2001. When things go awry as they sometimes will, there is a no-blame culture. Instead, the necessary work will take place to find out what could have been done differently and so reducing the likelihood of a repeat. There are no zero hours contracts and the salary generously reflects the work we do. My favourite part of my job is the variety. There are many opportunities as a Personal Development Worker to work part time with an individual/s in their home and community, supporting them to meet their own individual outcomes / goals. Plus get involved in other areas of interest such as training delivery, interviewing, auditing etc. Managers are on hand to bounce things off of if needed and there is a general team support of one another

Enjoyable, work is varied, fun.

Good communication with team. All supportive colleagues and always support available from line manager when needed. I work and live in Cumbernauld area and that has its advantages. I've been working here for 5 years and get an extra week's annual leave for commitment.

Pros

relaxed and enjoyable work. Supporting people to live a real life.

Cons

Really focused on people they support

Worked here as a PDW for 4 years. Absolutely loved it! Only left as im going to college full time. Person I worked for was lovely and every day was different - lots of fun activities with the person. Staff were really nice and helped me alot. Rota was very flexible but had to be to suit the person and what they wanted to do so I didn't mind.

Pros

Great fun and lots of variety

Cons

miss the person when you leave

Awful

Utterly dreadful experience of constant stress and uncertainty. Work patterns and wages are completely random and unfathomable. Entry level staff are leaving after a few weeks while turnover of some management roles is now a matter of days.

Management wanted to brush things under the carpet

I worked for c-change for over 6 months and was looking after 2 boys with complex needs 24/7 in there own home. Was told from management I was ding great until I reported that one of the boys was bullying the other boy. I then was pulled in to see management and told I was making it up and told my contract had been ended in other words sacked so rather than management informing the parents it was brushed under the carpet the bullying a load to carry on and myself sacked just so the reputation of the company was not tarnished. 12 months down the line I heard the 2 boys had to be separated so if going to work for c-change I would think again

Pros

Looking after less fotunate

c-change

at first you feel supported in your work as time progresses and if you are good at your job that support when needed is hard to come by. the people you work with are great to work with.

Cons

wages not the best

Productive and fun workpace

My position is to support people to live in their own houses and ensure that they can live to their full potential. I work as part of a team.

Rewarding

Was a rewarding job but the managment team was going through changes when i was there and they did not keep me up to date with who was actually my manager!

Pros

got to help others

Cons

managers were not the best

Fullfilling work

On arriving at work I call C-Change on call to announce my arrival on shift. I may be required to assist Client R in the recovery from hypoglycemia as they do not manage their diabetes as well as they could, I record all information in the medical sheets and communication books, I encourage Client R to take their Blood sugar levels and record the outcome, I read through previous comments in the communication book and check for any up and coming appointment. I assist Client R with breakfast and after which will support them with their personal care. If I have any issues I can contact my co workers or management, (as I can call them at any time). The hardest part of my job is leaving client R at the end of my shift as they live alone and due to cut to their service they will be alone until someone comes on shift at 8.00 O'clock the next morning. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing Client R enjoying themselves when they are out and about in their local community interacting with others. I am also informed be management of any training that needs updated which enables me to do my job efficiently.

Always make the work place as fun

I have always worked hard and I always put in 100% in my work and I do learn something new everyday, i am a team player and i get on well with everyone, I always make sure that we as a team always enjoy our work together

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C-Change Scotland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement