CAD CAM Automotive

CAD CAM Automotive Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Archaic ruthless managing techniques

Not a bad place to work at first, but with some managerial restructuring it quickly became apparent that they had no regard for the people who worked for them. After making some of the absolute key members of the team redundant on a days notice, the directors wouldn't even speak to us in person, and left it to HR to inform us of cuts and difficult decisions. Site was dated and dirty in places, no canteen for lunch.

Pros

working in automotive trade

Poor management

Poor management no respect for there employees if you work for Cad Cam length of service will mean nothing and they will turn there backs on you at the first opportunity. Do yourself a favour and avoid working for this company at all costs and any of there other companies.

Pros

Cons

Poor work conditions and zero respect.

Insights into CAD CAM Automotive

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Unprofessional dreadful place to work

Managers have no idea what’s going on . The place is falling apart . Working in puddles , the place is a hazard . It is crazy that place is still running . You will not be looked after

Pros

Cons

To many to list

Awful place to work

I wouldnt go back there if i was paid a million pound ...gotta be one of the worst places for job security i have ever worked at .the only saving grace was i lived literally around the corner and didnt have to use my own transport to get there

hard work good pay

a ten hour day at cad cam very repetitive work but rewarding in the pay i leaned metal polishing and Die preping workplace culture a lot of bullying took place the most enyoyabie the lads and finnishing a good project.

Productive environment

But saying that you’re not there for fun you’re there to work. Good company just need to get there act together job security isn’t very good while I was there you we’re threatened with the sack every morning. Not productive I worked there through an agency so I was always paid but there Own staff had problems getting paid every month. Company just didn’t have any money although JLR had a lot to play in that.

Pros

Lunch 30 minutes in paid

Cons

12 hours shifts which can be a killer depending on what job you’re on.

Company has the two most arrogant Managers and most properly the worst culture I have ever come across. One of the managers has been told to go from every company he has ever work at, talks a good game but never achieves anything. Leave this company well alone, the biggest turnover of staff I have ever come across

Cons

everything

Rundown and freezing

No investment Holes in the roof No heating Old equipment keeps breaking down This company has a very high turn over of staff over 50 people left this year alone.

Pros

Wages about average

Cons

Cold

Growing Company with Opportunities

I have been at CAD CAM for nearly 4 years and in that time is has doubled in size with much more to come. The investment recently announced is very exciting for the Company and will provide jobs, security and opportunities. Whilst the Company has grown it still has a friendly atmosphere, everyone is willing to help others and the Company delivery. If someone is willing to work hard, there are plenty of opportunities to grow within the Company, including promotions, undertaking external training and formal apprenticeship programmes. The building is old but in the next couple of years this will be replaced with a purpose built facility that will accommodate the new projects and increase in staff. From a HR perspective we are introducing a new HR system which will provide management and employees with much more information and allow some self service activity. Overall it is a enjoyable place to work, no day is ever the same, it is challenging but rewarding.

Pros

Friendly Staff, growing organisation

Cons

Old building

I think that CADCAM is growing and developing well, I feel that it is a great place to work with the benifits you get from Working here. Apprentices have potential to learn and grow within the company. I feel that I have the support from my manager and the department in which I work in to thrive in my apprenticeship and do well. I also feel that people in other departments are very helpful and kind. I know that this company is doing well and will do even better in years to come. The facilities are abit old and run down but it won’t be long before they move to a new facility.

Cons

Old facility

CAD CAM Automotive

As a apprentice, CAD CAM Automotive is a good place to train and experience. There are many lovely employers to work with and the company is very friendly.

Good Starting Point

CAD CAM is a good environment to start in. There's a lot of flexibility withing the buissness to move about so that you're achieving your goals for the future. The company is extremely supportive, and encourages you to branch out and learn new skills in order to progress upwards within the business. Pay Wise its a great starting salary for apprentice wages which builds up at the end of each year. The facilities are quite run down and the winters can be quite cold but you can see the companies aim to grow, build upon it's reputation and eventually move out of the current facility and into a new building Overall it's a really welcoming atmosphere, there's a lot of great people who have been in the business a long time so you're constantly learning new things and shop floor is all very supportive of each other's work, which is a great quality when your learning tricks of the trade.

Pros

Money

Cons

No Heating

Growing company bringing car manufacturing back to Coventry

Having worked for CAD CAM for nearly 4 years I've seen a lot of changes in the company, which has more than doubled in size. With growth brings challenges. The company has diversified and taken on projects from pressing, building show cars and low volume vehicle production. There has been a lot of investment from Red Sun, this will enable CAD CAM to build a new site, which is needed. I enjoy my role as its given me lots of opportunity to develop and make changes to processes. I feel that everyone has the opportunity to put ideas forward and the company is still at the size where these can be implemented without too much bureaucracy. Due to the rapid growth some things could have been done more effectively, but there is a learning culture so even when there is a step back there are lessons learnt and improvements made. The building a facilities are old and basic, which for me is the only negative part of working for CAD CAM. But due to new building plans I understand that there is no point in investing unless necessary in the current facility. Parking is also limited.

Pros

Lots of career development & investment

Cons

Old building and facilities

Easy going but professional

I have worked here for several years and find it very pleasant. The workforce is like a family and the management is relaxed as long as things get done on time. Pay is good but I’m afraid the parking could be improved. Nice HR team.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Parking

Old and run down

Cad cam would be a great company if the people that worked there knew what they were doing and if they ever get a new factory it won't be to soon which is a cruel thing to say because it has given me a good living but unfortunately it has let it self go .

Pros

Cons

Old shop

Cad cam automotive

The senior management is unprofessional disorganized do not support the employees. Bad office working environment Verbal contract agreement was not kept Verbal abuse by employees to management Bad kitchen I would not recommend this company to anyone

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

poor parking poor facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAD CAM Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement