CGI

United Kingdom154 reviews

Found 154 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,294 reviews
logicaprogressionroleprojectprogresscolleaguecareersalary

Graduate Consultant

Lack of guidance, lack of training, lack of progress, lack of projects for inexperienced employee. I'm riding on my perception of CGI to help my career after leaving CGI. I'm expected to do all learning on my own. The experienced capable hands that I've dealt with (colleagues who have been in the industry for 30+ years) have very little time for new comers. This company is great if you're looking to become some sort of manager, or looking to learn how to become completely self dependant.

Pros

Wlb

Cons

Low salary, lack of opportunity, no guidance, 1 dev for 3 managers

Great workplace.

A great company to work for with great,friendly workforce who helped me though everything from day to day. I enjoyed chatting to fellow CGI members in a day to day basis as I hadn't seen some of my colleagues for 2 years due to the Covid 19 pandemic and also being on reception desk dealing with all office issues that arouse from day to day.

Pros

Took my own food to work.

Cons

Didn't mind the long hours as overtime was payed after my contracted 45 hrs a week.

Insights into CGI

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

Stimulating and varied

As a consultant you tend to move from project to project across different clients so the work is varied and challenging. Other CGI colleagues are generally very capable and there is a strong ethic of professionalism within the consulting staff.

Excellent company and work environment

Great place to work - extensive training and opportunities to progress. Fully inclusive company making everyone feel welcome and part of the family.Decent package that includes significant training discounts and provision of learning materials to progress technical skills and achieve industry recognised qualifications.

Pros

Great place to start a career

Cons

Strict time monitoring and targets

Terrible Management, Terrible Training and Worse Culture

You spend the first 4 weeks on the yellow brick road being sold something fantastic when you get to the Service Desk your quality of training is substandard and poor.The uninspired trainers worked their best however Management were not helpful, unresponsive and had a complete and utter disregard for the staff.The place operated on a Policy of One Rule for you and another rule for someone else.Management wouldn't authorize working from home if you were based in the office to just cover a MOT or Car Repairs. They didn't give a hoot beyond it's not their problem despite they would happily provide full permanent remote worker contracts to other employees.Whenever you had a HR issue or needed something to be actioned by Manager, good luck it would take anywhere from 1-6 weeks for them to get off Candy Crush on a Secure "No Phones" Zone to actually look into your request.Quite regularly you'd see alot of emails about people leaving the company for higher paying roles for better companies.The benefits are a joke to how much you're underpaid by the company.The company also loved to talk about how it was going to be a GREEN company and carbon neutral however I knew multiple people that lived 50-150 miles away from the office and were still being expected to attend the office when others were able to stay at home.If anything is ever done wrong or you've made a mistake, don't expect it to be taken lightly or for you to be retrained on the millions of rules and regulations that you must adhere to, you'll get a message on teams and quite inconsiderate emails in bright red -

Good place to start to get that experiance

I worked on a good contract, nice people to work with all in the same boat. Management was not existent for 4 months, not the best when only on a 6 month contract. no real training had a week at the start got told about all the perks then had to wait to get your laptop the end of the second week before you could do the compulsory training after that you get to buddy up and listen to calls and if your lucky get some free time so they can help set up your system but by the end of the 3rd week you are taking calls and hope for the best.

Pros

you get experiance that other companies are looking for, treat this as a steping stone only

Cons

Non existent managers, will lie to you when you eventually get to speak to them after days and weeks of trying

Productive and Fun

Different levels of work and lots of different types of roles to suit all.Relaxed and left to work through your tasks with support if needed.No issues with the work environment.Management of staff could be better.

Frustrating place to work at

A really difficult place to work at. I found myself get quite depressed working on the service desk. The computers given were old and out of warranty and the software requires has a tendency to fail constantly. I had a daily issue with being able to connect to remote servers that are essential for the role.Also the turnover at CGI is pretty high on the desk. You find yourself receiving leaving emails quite often. KPIs are ridiculous and do not account for the slow software we use and any issues we might find. Training was ok but I found myself to actually be trained on 50-55% of what you need to use on the desk. The rest you need to pick it up while on the job which can bring your KPIs down.Lateness is a big No No at CGI. If you have trouble with your timekeeping I suggest this might not be role for you. You cannot afford to be late more than 5 times a month including after lunches or breaks by even 1 minute. If you do then you might be fired.Customers are a mixed bag. You can find decent customers but sometimes customers are either very rude and impatient people which can be very stressful or not that good with IT which can be frustrating when you got to finish calls within a certain time frame.Management are pretty anonymous. They are always busy on Microsoft Teams so they might read your messages. You might have contact with them once a month to go over your KPIs for the month such as duration per call, quality of call etc Good part of CGI is your colleagues on the service desk. We all have a form of unity and are ready to help each other.

Pros

Colleagues, easy way to get into IT

Cons

Long hours, Kpi driven, Rude customers at times, Poor equipment. Management

Plenty of Opportunities

Since working with CGI I have had the chance to work with many different clients as well as special projects. These projects include taking on new clients and expanding out service offerings for current ones too.

Pros

Career Progression

Cons

Shift Work

Colleagues are good and they have built a great working culture, even for those with little knowledge compared to some others

I enjoyed the flexibility of working from home and the team i was working with is great.Forget about career development or the company investing in you which will almost never happen; didn’t in my case at least.You will be extremely busy with non stop calls and tickets coming through the main ticketing system, so you won’t have time to even search for solutions for the tickets you already have been assigned to.The wages is so low that even me as a single man was struggling and would end up spending from my credit card from 20th of every month; and I wasn’t working as an apprentice.

Pros

WFH Management

Cons

Salary career progression Wages

Challenging job

Interview: the interview was a very simple process. The questions asked were scenario based and would test your customer service skills and IT knowledge. Induction: the induction was 5 weeks long and i had to pass a test in order to be hired and if you failed, your contract would be terminated. The contract i was on was stressful but got easier over time but there is a lot of things to remember. Some callers can be quite be quite frustating to deal with but most are ok and are patient & understanding. Work culture is very good (depends on which contact you are on tbh) everyone is very helpful and friendly.

Pros

Company benefits, good working environment, career progression

Cons

Stressful, low salary, difficult clients

Worst management you can find

The management at this company is so out of touch with what the actual job is that they just simply ignore you when you ask for assistance but are so quick on the disciplinary that it's almost as if they have spyware on the machines (which they do).

Pros

You have access to free qualifications on Academia

Cons

Pay is too low for the level and stress of work, management could barely run a bath, no progression, little to no training just expected to know how to use their bespoke software

A lot to learn

They give you a lot of information to learn and take in at first which is a bit daunting but they do help you and the job gets easier as time goes on

Very poor salary review process

Huge company with lots of divisions but very poor management of staff. Not great training provided to allow staff to grow in their career. Internal job vacancies are not shared.

REALLY bad pay but its chill

You'll enjoy the induction. You'll meet fun colleagues BUT THE PAY IS POOR. If this company would pay their employees more, the company would be 100x better

Pros

good friends

Cons

VERY BAD pay

Analyst Conveyor belt

Positive: Fantastic fellow team members who support you and provide collaborationFree training portalExcellent opportunity for tech startersNegative: Short contracts, with minimum notice it will end, while simultaneously told it will renew.Management lack judgement, lacks support on larger issues, white-wash over your requests and marked off as done when not done.Too much focus on numbers and stats

Pros

can swap shifts

Cons

short contracts

Good company but low pay

Great start for someone looking to begin a career in IT. Willing to give people a chance and develop into the role. Can be stressful but support is always available

Good for a start but don't stay long

It was a good starting point for people working in IT, and most people on the service deck are good to work withBut management care more for targets and look good

circus desk is great 🤡☕☕

I learned so much from the CGI circus desk. They will teach you all the tricks of the trade and train you in the arts of clownery until you become a master clown(about 20yrs). You don't go to work for the money at CGI you go to work to learn how to be a clown. Money is for greedy people, don't be greedy.

Pros

did'nt starve to death / did'nt catch any long term mental deficiency

Cons

Very low pay no incentives to stay, very high turn over in staff, full of pisstakes, they do not value you

Busy workplace with a big brother attitude.

Can be a half decent place to work at times but 99% if times sadly it's all about kpis and stats. Every second of your working day is watched. The colleagues are really nice and will always help you out. Shame the same can't be said from management. If you expect the company to make any changes to accommodate any health or life obstacles, then this isn't the job for you.

Pros

Good benefits, Although shifts are allocated you can change them with a colleague without any HR intevention

Cons

Purely KPI driven, Management don't care about you, Low pay

Pretty good working. Here

I really enjoyed working here it offers good opportunities for career growth and there is always someone in the group chat Ready to help you if you are stuck on anything someone always hope you

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement