CSC

CSC Employee Reviews

Very professional and hardworking. It acts within the Informational Technology Industry which is in a state of significant and sustained change. The prime driver of this change is the advent of Cloud Computing in a secure environment.
Pros: the people at CSC were some of the best I have ever worked with and there was a great team spirit at the local level. There was good flexibility regarding working from home and part time working Cons: very low morale driven by constant cost cutting and work force reduction programs. Very bureaucratic processes which prevent the business from recognising their true potential. Individual performance is disregarded. Management are solely focused on cutting costs and do not (want to) see the long term underlying issues that this will cause.
I like working at CSc because is a very nice and comfortable environment to work and everyone is friendly and understanding and very helpful I really enjoy working there
A great company to work for in terms of pay etc., however unfortunately the management style was unprofessional and since leaving, so have most of the team.
If you value your sanity stay away from help desk here. schoolyard nonsense goes on, skills don't matter, just how much you can kiss up to the team leaders.
An unpleasant atmosphere of intrigue and political manoeuvring, as a contractor largely impervious to it, but nevertheless the atmosphere was prevalent.
Typical call centre job. a typical day would be churning through calls. Strange decisions on who to make team leaders, leading to poor desk management.
Based on consulting model and very varied assignments. Learned a great deal on different approaches to consulting and business development. Management is typical of an outsource and integration organisation, need to be productive for 70-80% and that can be stressful. Workplace culture, is very team focused and supportive. Client base is spread out across UK, and you can spend quite a lot of time on the road. Variety of customers and assignments tend to be different, you could be doing a strategy piece one week, and the next it could be a integration programme as a PD
Pros
good client base
Cons
travel and long hours
I learnt that I don't want to work on a zero hour contract, but it did show me that I had an aptitude for work in IT and I used my time here wisely and to great effect.
The place went from bad to worse and in the end I couldn't wait to get out. Management were poor, ignorant and had their favourites who were treated completely differently to others. It was very unfair, there was no career progression or salary enhancements, along with no annual bonuses or pay rises. The overall moral was unhealthily low and most people were on the look out for jobs elsewhere.
Pros
Ability to finish early each day and buy extra annual leave
Cons
Unfriendly, unprofessional Management, building falling to bits
Typical Day At Work Is Too Make Sure The Job Is Done Right And Everyone’s Happy, Happy Working at Csc But Just Isn’t Enough Hours As It’s Coming Up To Christmas
As a contractor I only had the chance to work for one year, when the company was already undertaking a restructuring of its organization leading to the relocation of the roles.
I worked on a client site as part of an ever-shrinking legacy application support group, as such the work-load was reducing almost daily as applications were migrated elsewhere. Working on a client site meant we felt isolated and out of the loop, just left to do the best we could. Management showed no inclination to help staff in difficult times. Hardest part of the job was finding enough work to remain meaningful. Best part of the job was the excellent fellow support staff we worked with, and the opportunity to be flexible in our working environment.
Pros
Flexible working environment
Cons
No pay rise in many years
working at CSC was a mixed journey, on the service desk you wasnt thought of anything extra when going the extra mile If you can get onto the GBS side of the company its like working for a different company, you are looked after and they accommodate to your work n personal life to the best of there abilities
i really enjoyed being part of the team in this company , very proffesional , team players , good people to work with , i want to say that i contributed a lot for building this amazing team
Great experience for a first office job and learned an awful lot about the work, myself and my future career plans. Got to experience a variety of different projects and activities.
This position turned out to be nothing more than a loop hole for cheap labour and company funding. However I did get some qualifications from this course and even got to work on a farm for 2 weeks which was an amazing experience!
Pros
Experienced farm work
Cons
lead by false promises
Very fun, competitive work enviroment. Managed from the bottom up, never felt like those at the top of management were elitist or unreachable. Highly recommended.
dxc\csc to not look after their staff at all, no chance of promotion or movement within and no pay increase for 9 years. working in preston no flexibility
I worked at the Bridge an inbound & outbound call centre. The base salary when I started £15K was ok. It was not too hard to earn bonuses. Since then the base salary has remained the same & the bonus structure is worse. OK as a starter role to get in to sales or Estate agency.
Project Lifrcycle, project ethics, project management, delivering mulitiple projects, working within several different teams that make up the delivery
  1. Employee reviews