Cabot Financial

Cabot Financial: 32 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews

companygoodworkingmanagementjobworkgreatcabot

Can be rewarding but culture becoming more focused on increasing (already massive) profits that doing the right thing for customers

Title says it all really ... Fast paced target driven environment which is fine however they don't seem to take the cost of living crisis into consideration just expecting their staff to collect more and more even when customers are worried about being able to pay their bills. Fail calls and lose bonus if you're not "politely" pressuring for more money. Profit margins mean more than staff and customer wellbeing (as pressure tactics are followed by abuse from customers)

Stressful with unrealistic expectations

Target driven, uneducated managers, toilet times recorded, measured and spoken about at team meetings! Long hours and unpaid over time. A culture of hit targets or leave, I hit target most months however when some one didn't it was publicly known so as to 'encorouage' over the top American style of high energy (atleast attempted) team meetings with hands in the middle ect...

Insights into Cabot Financial

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks
  • Supportive environment

Meh

It’s an ok place of work. High workload and have to pick up more work to move up pay bandings rather than being rewarded for doing well in your own role

Wouldn't recommend working here

In my opinion whilst Cabot offered hybrid working, their refusal to continue operating fully remote reduced a lot of flexibility. The random days in the office was really exhausting and due to being overwhelmed with tasks employees often stayed later than their shift. For newcomers I think the salary would probably be okay, however other companies do offer the same and more, the people that have been there quite a while are really under paid for the duties and knowledge required. In my opinion tying to get a pay rise all depends on whether your face fits in with the clique. Less company benefits than most equivalent financial service companies. There are no seniors so progression is limited to TL or a different department. Management is quite toxic in my opinion and they follow a very micro managed / authoritative approach with not much leeway for autonomy and not much attention to employee voice. As you could probably gather, based on that I feel the culture was quite negative. In my opinion there wasn't much team spirit because staff are overloaded and exhausted. I felt certain people were treated differently and in my opinion Cabot really is not a positive or progressive place to work. Cabot openly encourage reviews from staff members when they first arrive usually whilst in training, prior to actually being released to the job role and in my opinion the positive reviews on here are written by those that really wish to progress in an atmosphere where progression is limited. Overtime is offered however to obtain the higher rate of overtime pay and overtime bonuses you must -

Repetitive and long hours

Bad management, okay pay but customers are able to speak to you like rubbish. Boring job role that doesn’t change day in and day out. Long and dreadful late hours, 4 different shift patterns.100% based and heavily monitored, a lot of regulations and procedures to follow

Good company

Good company I enjoyed working there, friendly staff, fair pay and good work life balance. Work load is tough sometime but on the whole a positive experience

Good pay that’s only pro

Job okay for wage, but workplace is not the best. Highly monitored. Bad management on operations, however there are some team leaders that genuinely care. The management care about meeting business needs and not employee’s. ‘customer journey at expense of employees’ lots of people leaving and yet still no changes. The people that have stayed have just become accustomed to the environment. Dread coming into work, although good pay, the pros don’t out weigh the cons.

Pros

Wage

Cons

Highly monitored, favourites, toxic and bad management

A good company to work for.

If you come from a contact centre background, you'll fit in here. The training is great as is the support.If you haven't worked in a call centre before, then make sure this is the right job for you, as it is quite demanding at first. And the calls are non stop.I wasn't overall impressed with the salary compared to the hours you are asked to work and you weren't given any shift pay, which wasn't ideal.

Pros

Great training environment

Cons

Shifts

Toxic environment

One of few places I’ve worked where it’s so bad I left before I had another job to go to. Incredibly toxic, negative environment. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

Cons

Awful management within IT, from top to bottom

An employee and customer focused workplace

So far, I have had thorough training at Cabot and they really do invest a lot into their new starters. The role is rewarding but it is challenging. It is a forward thinking company with room for progression and it is nice to be a part of a successful business moving with the times.

Pros

They moved to working from home really quickly in the pandemic and have kept everyone safe, bonus is achievable, customer focused

Cons

As mentioned it can be a challenging role but it is equally rewarding

Horrible time wasters !!!!!!

Toxic Toxic Toxic, always having staff turn over! There is nothing to look forward to! The interviews set you up to fail, the management is fake and rude; their starter pack is misleading!

Pros

Cons

Toxic work environment

Stressful clique environment

Took a 18k job but was told it would go up to 21k after probation. Probation got extended as i was late 3 times - one of the times was because my tyre burst. I provided evidence but was still a black mark. Probation came up for review again but they changed the payscale so would no longer go up to 21k. Joke. Wanted to progress but was unable to as the department was too busy.

Pros

Colleagues were really nice. Onsite cafe.

Cons

Development and progression. Very clique. Poor management

Good

Good company to work for. They care about their staff. Good salary. Good benefits. Flexible working hours. ...........................................

Awful place to work, backwards and toxic environment

Awful place to work, backwards and toxic environment, far too many 'decision-makers' for a relatively small IT team. It literally took 13 signatures to sign off £5,000.

Productive and enjoyable work place.

The hardest part working for Cabot is trying to keep focused and not getting distracted, due to the fast pace of the call centre. I enjoy working for Cabot because they have great benefits, managers are extremely motivational and it is a welcoming, friendly environment to be apart of.

Fun workplace

Fun to work at, great coaching to help you be the best at the role, need to be very motivated and concentrated for the role. Customers are either respectable or very harsh so have to be ready for that.

Pros

short hours

Cons

bad customers

Awful

Money grabbing debt collectors, put socialising before work or customer service and that is just the management. No concern for vulnerable customers or their situations.

A good place to start

Good for the opportunities when first getting your career off the ground in the area you're interested in. Sadly, the business is not very forward-thinking and its inflexible, anti-employee policies (and its desire to sternly follow these at all times regardless of people's circumstances) will put off the accomplished and experienced professional who may have come to expect a flexible, give-and-take approach from an employer.

Cabot Financial is a great place to work

I enjoy working for Cabot Financial and the company provides you with a great work/life balance. The management are very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping people.

staff focused

great training, decent starter salary and bonus possibilities. staff are looked after as they are aware that the job is tough. there are funding targets and performance indicators that increase monthly.

Ethical company

This company offers a very ethical approach to colleagues and customers alike. TCF is of upmost importance along with the best customer journey. An expanding company without customer focus at the forefront

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Difficult journey to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement