Cabot Financial logo
Cabot Financial

Cabot Financial Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Good

Good company to work for. They care about their staff. Good salary. Good benefits. Flexible working hours. ...........................................

Toxic environment

One of few places I’ve worked where it’s so bad I left before I had another job to go to. Incredibly toxic, negative environment. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

Cons

Awful management within IT, from top to bottom

An employee and customer focused workplace

So far, I have had thorough training at Cabot and they really do invest a lot into their new starters. The role is rewarding but it is challenging. It is a forward thinking company with room for progression and it is nice to be a part of a successful business moving with the times.

Pros

They moved to working from home really quickly in the pandemic and have kept everyone safe, bonus is achievable, customer focused

Cons

As mentioned it can be a challenging role but it is equally rewarding

Stressful clique environment

Took a 18k job but was told it would go up to 21k after probation. Probation got extended as i was late 3 times - one of the times was because my tyre burst. I provided evidence but was still a black mark. Probation came up for review again but they changed the payscale so would no longer go up to 21k. Joke. Wanted to progress but was unable to as the department was too busy.

Pros

Colleagues were really nice. Onsite cafe.

Cons

Development and progression. Very clique. Poor management

Awful place to work, backwards and toxic environment

Awful place to work, backwards and toxic environment, far too many 'decision-makers' for a relatively small IT team. It literally took 13 signatures to sign off £5,000.

Productive and enjoyable work place.

The hardest part working for Cabot is trying to keep focused and not getting distracted, due to the fast pace of the call centre. I enjoy working for Cabot because they have great benefits, managers are extremely motivational and it is a welcoming, friendly environment to be apart of.

Fun workplace

Fun to work at, great coaching to help you be the best at the role, need to be very motivated and concentrated for the role. Customers are either respectable or very harsh so have to be ready for that.

Pros

short hours

Cons

bad customers

Awful

Money grabbing debt collectors, put socialising before work or customer service and that is just the management. No concern for vulnerable customers or their situations.

A good place to start

Good for the opportunities when first getting your career off the ground in the area you're interested in. Sadly, the business is not very forward-thinking and its inflexible, anti-employee policies (and its desire to sternly follow these at all times regardless of people's circumstances) will put off the accomplished and experienced professional who may have come to expect a flexible, give-and-take approach from an employer.

Cabot Financial is a great place to work

I enjoy working for Cabot Financial and the company provides you with a great work/life balance. The management are very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping people.

Jobs at Cabot Financial

See more jobs

staff focused

great training, decent starter salary and bonus possibilities. staff are looked after as they are aware that the job is tough. there are funding targets and performance indicators that increase monthly.

Ethical company

This company offers a very ethical approach to colleagues and customers alike. TCF is of upmost importance along with the best customer journey. An expanding company without customer focus at the forefront

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Difficult journey to work

An excellent company to work for - rewarding role

Being a Customer Consultant is a rewarding role. An excellent company to work for with benefits and a lovely atmosphere. Great team work. Progression!

Pros

Gym membership covered, freebies, life assurance, cash back health care plan, free massages on site, annual leave, bonus available, fun events and giveaways, subsidised cafe

Cons

No real cons

Productive and Fun

Good place to work , on occasion the entire company would indulge in fun activities for charity, which involve cake bake sales etc. getting to work can be a nightmare this is due to the heavy traffic flow on the M20.

Pros

subsidised lunch

Cons

hard to get to work in the mornings (traffic)

Good Job - Great benefits and career progression

Great place to work great career progression possible if this is what you want. Benefits are great - gym membership, travel insurance discounted healthcare.

Unnecessary

The company have a good positive vision and help some customers by creating plans tailored to them. Some people have worked there for over ten years. Bonus' are paid based on call pass rate and not on what has been collected.

Good job, great atmosphere, great staff

Brilliant company to work for lots of pros. Staff are so helpful and very friendly. Shifts can alter - two weeks out of the month you work 'core shifts' - Mon - Fri 9.30am-5.00pm , including Sat 8.45am - 1.30pm Another week are 'earlies' - 7.45am - 2.30pm and then the pther are lates - 2.30pm-8.30pm. You will learn Telephone techniques, Credit law, Litigation, Insolvency and many more with regards to the rules on Debt Collection. Job is stressful at times, so you must be prepared to take that on and also not all customers want to be spoken to!

An excellent starting job

Cabot Financial has provided me with a brilliant base to spring from and to push me in my career, in both personal and working situations. A working day at Cabot consists of an opening meeting with the team, with the manager briefing instructions, plans and details about the day whilst consulting us about the results of the day prior. I would then go to my desk, login and then see if I have anything planned in terms of further meetings or phone appointments with any customers. By this point, I'll also be logged into DM9 (work system) and the dialler so that I can make outbound calls as well as receive any inbound calls throughout the day. Whilst contacting customers I will be running personal checks on the customers via Equifax and Land Registry to aid with proposals with customers. The management team are helpful and usually fulfill the promises they make. However, there have been times where requests have been made to them and then have not been actioned. I enjoy working with my colleagues and have been some very good friends in my time at Cabot. With the continual changes being made throughout the company, I have had to become adaptable to the new surroundings but it has also given me the opportunity to meet new people and develop relationships with other colleagues between departments in the company. The best part of the job for me is exceeding my monthly/quarterly target as it gives me the feeling of success and reward for the hard work I have put in. The most difficult aspect of the role though is the advancement process. It is extremely difficult to progress -

Pros

Pension contribution, Healthcare scheme, Variable pay

Cons

Work every other Saturday, Difficult to progress

good for bonuses and good training for employees

The main part of the working day was assessing affordability by completing income and expenditure forms. Using the results the customer has provided a payment schedule would then be negotiated. Another role is to identify vulnerable customers by listening out for trigger words or using questions to get a better understanding of the customers circumstances. Cabot as a company are very good and have lots of rules and regulations set by governing bodies the must adhere to and the rules and regs are in place with the customer at heart.

Pros

bonuses, lots of training

Bull pen atmosphere which you will love or hate, nice people

Good starting job for someone out of school or university. Wage is OK and bonuses are good if you can collect (if you can sell you can collect)

Good job for uni/school leavers

Good atmosphere but you will work odd hours and the chances of progression are slim at best. A proper bull pen atmosphere but if you like that you will fit in fine. if you can sell you can collect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement