Caerphilly County Borough Council

Caerphilly County Borough Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom104 reviews

Not a full job

Stress-free and hours that worked for my life and studies at the time. Zero hour contract, relief work, made things unpredictable and unreliable as a career.

Good workplace

I was a school cleaner and enjoyed my time working for Caerphilly, they were easy to get hold of if there was an issue on site. I got on well with the majority of the staff.

Insights into Caerphilly County Borough Council

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energising work tasks
  • Fair pay for job

I like working here

The interview process was easy enough, although it took ages to actually start as had to wait for dbs, health check etc. One of the best jobs I've had.

Awful place to work

I would not recommend anyone to work for CCBC. Very poor wages, almost minimum wage for very hard manual work. Bullying culture from management including those at the very top. My advice would be to stay away from them and look somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

Bullying culture

Wish left sooner

Policy and procedures are more tick box and paperwork than understanding circumstances, commission and staff wellbeing. My only regret is didn't leave sooner all about money and not people.

Good

Overall good I enjoy working in that setting and it’s very good for that. If you like taking care of people you will love this job it’s really inspiring

Pros

Own boss

Cons

Fixed rate no bonus

Emergency care

I love my job working on the emergency care team it's so rewarding helping out in the community working alongside of the district nurses physio team occpanional therapy it's so nice to see the clients coming home from hospital and being able to stay in there own home

Cons

Higher wages

Fraught Front Door Office

Could have been a great job if the manager had been approachable, I was proactive but was undermined most days, other managers were more professional.

Pros

Going home away from the Shark

Cons

Having to work with a bully for a manager

Na

Really enjoyed my time here. Gained some fab experience and some great friends. However it wasn’t always easy to work here due to the toxicity of certain members of the team. You need to be very strong willed and not afraid to speak up for yourself or other people. There is a Clique there and if your face doesn’t fit then your on your own. There is no equality, 1 rule for 1 and all that. If they take away 2-3 people it would be a healthier place

Pros

na

Cons

na

Enjoying working never thought that i would

Had been out of work for a while then this job opportunity came by and I have never looked back wished I had worked for Caerphilly borough council years ago

Good

Working as a graveyard opertive was a new experience for me but I really enjoyed working there all staff are friendly and helpful and I learned a lot anout funerials

Pros

Lots

Cons

Pleasant and friendly working environment

Caerphilly Council is a very accommodating employer, offering shifts as available. Culturally diversified and accommodating to those with physical disabilities. A relaxed, working environment but all know to work to a professional standard.

Not too bad but very stressful at times.

Little or no real help from management. They do not encourage staff to take thhe initiative, staff who are more than capable of doing what's required to get a job done or solve a particular problem. They like to keep staff on a short leash at all times an atmosphere that does not go down well.

Fabulous job

It was the best job I've ever had worked well within a team i had great co/workers the service users were a hard working lot was very proud to have had the opportunity to work with them

Good

Good, excellent experience. Kind work colleagues, brilliant management. Reasonable pay salary, but unreasonable work hours. Overall, it’s a nice place to work.

Casual

Loved working in leisure for years, good team environment, would have stayed if it wasn't so inconsistent as a casual contract. Not the best payers for the job role, but plenty of opportunity to train in other areas or to further existing qualifications.

Great to work for.

A typical day at work would be to communicate with customers, carry out inductions and show people how to use gym equipment correctly. It is a fast paced environment and learned a lot about sales and working as a team. I figured that I can work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team.

Very formal place to work

I enjoyed my work in Caerphilly council, however working with the building is very stuffy and formal. Managers see themselves above staff and this makes it difficult for staff to feel supported and at ease with management.

People-orientated

The job is ideal for those who are passionate about care giving. A typical day involves providing personal care and providing activities for the person you are caring for.

Good job

Great hob one of the best I've ever had wish I could be kept on full time.. bosses are good most employees are good guys easy to get along with.. paybis always in time n decent

Okay

Management aren’t the greatest but the job itself and the team to work with are excellent. Good hours/shift patterns if you don’t mind working weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caerphilly County Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement