Caffyns

Caffyns Employee Reviews

The DPO (Deal Prevention Officer) works very hard here. They only stock what they sold before, certainly wouldn’t think about having an unpopular car like a Golf GTI I. Stock, the morning meeting will leave you wanting to end it all. Follow the process or you’re out.
Pros
Clean, tidy and modern environment.
Cons
Draconian pay structure and everyone eager to leave at 6pm sharp, poor moral and limited work space.
I worked at caffyns for 2 year's and always felt appreciated. When I retired I had a nice return for my 2 year's investment. I had a very good DP who cared about his staff
Pros
Good DP
Cons
Salary was lower than other garages
Brilliant company to work for, lots of perks after 6 months, Inc lease cars at a reasonable rate, cheaper car service. Friendly management, friendly atmosphere
Pros
On the road freedom
Cons
11 hour shifts
I work in IT dept.The work is dull, there is no career progression or training.Manegment in my department is dreadful.Could be a great job but let down by management
Pros
Perks
Cons
The management
Quite an institutional culture where staff are not encouraged to support each other. There are a lot of personal conflicts & backstabbing amongst staff. Staff going sick due to 'stress', more likely conflict with colleagues. I wouldnt recommend an enemy to work there.
Be warned if you apply for a job with Caffyns it is likely the vacancy has already been filled internally and they will not tell you. You will then wait a week or more before they let you know. Avoid!
busy, productive and challenging took many courses to enhance my career because I enjoyed the job I didn't really find the job hard there was always support and backup when needed I enjoyed working with the staff and meeting new people that came into the dealership to the point of calling them friends and still keep contact even now
Pros
enjoyed going to work every day
Cons
they closed the branch
I have really enjoyed my time with Caffyns and have progressed well, Good prospects and secure company Excellent training and development available,
Pros
Good support
Cons
Although Caffyns are a large company they still had some family values. Whilst I was there I progressed from a parts Advisor up to Branch Administrator.
Fast paced busy working environment. I have learned the steps to selling also improved on my account management/time management and customer relations. Hardest part of the job is all the different processes, with the company implementing more on a regular basis as well as expected to hit targets and KPI's. With that being said it does mean to keep on track with everything you must stay late on a regular basis and often work through your lunch break. Most enjoyable part of the job is the journey you take with the customer through the buying process of the car. Especially when the customer takes delivery of their chosen car and seeing how happy they are.
Currently I work as a Care Assistant, helping my Employer with personal care and day to day living. I organise the staff work/holiday rota for a team of 6 and deal with the teams end of month pay/hours worked, liaising back to the Payroll Department and the Client with any issues. I also deal with the stock control and administration of medication and ensure the whole team are aware of any situations that may arise or need attention. I would love to return to office related work. I enjoy dealing with customers, both face to face and on the telephone. My communication and time management skills are excellent, I work well both by myself and as a team player. My previous employments have given me the opportunity of gaining a lot of skills. I am organised, forward thinking, hard working and reliable with a good sense of humour.
I first learnt about the motor car here, i had fun and there was gentle banter flying around between other mechanics, the service manager was a great guy and often came out into the workshop and got his hands dirty too. I quickly moved up the ranks here from YTS to apprentice, then up to a qualified mechanic, then to an accredited technician then finally to an MGF Technician where i had a very important role being a customer facing person, a personal technician for the MGF i carried out the PDI on, i handed over the MG to the customer or delivered and collected there MG's myself, and whenever they had a problem they dealt with me direct.
Pros
Able to work on your own car before/after work and at break times.
Cons
Money was poor.
Really good company to work for .Upon leaving Secondary school I immediately started and completed apprenticeship training as a mechanical automotive technician within a busy Rover and Jaguar dealership.
  1. Employee reviews