cafod

cafod Employee Reviews

thouroughly enjoyed volunterring there for the summer. great team to work with and leanrt a lot of new skills. the work culuture is fantastice and great.
Was one of my best opportunities when I was 17 turning 18 then, but as a young man i was surrounded by many more older people that probably had grandchildren or children my age, leaving me some what feeling alone most of the time even though I did make quite good friends, I believe older people find me good to talk to maybe because talking to me might make them feel young again. All in all, it is a great charity doing great things in the back ground spent most of my time with the IT team who where amazing and taught me so many beneficial skills.
The staff members are very dedicated to the organization, and offer a lot of support to the volunteers. They also offer an induction session as well as any necessary training required. Additionally, CAFOD reimburses any money spent on travel or costs by its volunteers, which is very helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Free lunches and travel
Cons
Working daily on data requires focus which makes work engaging. Learning to balance work and time was crucial to performance, communication with colleagues was available f2f, email and telephone. The workplace culture has been unique with people from different backgrounds working towards a common goal a sense of community can be found.
Pros
Great pay and flexible time frame
Cons
Can be monotonous
while I was helping out CAFOD at their annual Christmas race I motivated the runners or walkers before the race began, I handed out water bottles to the people taking part and the families that were watching them and I helped out at the CAFOD stand selling t-shirts and promoting the stand.
As a volunteer I enjoyed working with CAFOD since I learnt administrative skills in the work. The management was good since I was given the work for the day every time I was in. The staff were very inclusive and ensured that volunteers were given induction on new topics arising.
Line managers priorities other things more than teaching and helping and employee grow, making it hard for a new employee to progress further and gain new skills keeping them stuck in the same position.
this is a very fun and fun and fun place to work. i really enjoy what they do on fridays and saturdays and sundays and mondays and tuesdays and thursdays
Worked there for 1 and half year and I wish if I could work again. The time was pass so quickly and I enjoyed my work time there.
Pros
Benefit package is so excellent.
Cons
Superior manager do not appreciate the hard work we do.