Cakes Today

Cakes Today Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Great work environment

During my time at Cakes Today, I have been able to expand my knowledge and gain new skills. The best part about working here is the people, they are fun and easy to work with and make the workday enjoyable.

A nightmare of a company to work for!

It’s the kind of place that makes you dread going in to work every morning. It’s a family run business and every single thing they do is to benefit themselves, the company doesn’t care one bit about their employees. All they care about is squeezing as much work out of you as possible. Zero professionalism, zero employee appreciation, zero benefits, all you get is a free cake on your birthday (you will be lucky if it’s a fresh one) and you’re lucky if you get paid on time. The stress and zero job satisfaction is not worth it for the minimum salary they pay you, 100% DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Pros

The only thing that kept me going were some of the other employees working with me.

Cons

Worst job ever, stay away! Very bad owners

This place is an absolute joke, they put so much pressure on you to deliver results and they do not offer the means or resources so you could do your job properly. Always adding things to do in your daily schedule even though are so out from your job description. They cut people's hours and not even once did they pay me correctly, i always had to challenge them as they do take their staff for fools. Never paid on time as per their contract.Staff turnover is so high, people come always upset to work and they create such a tense relationship in their team. No sense of real ownership and they love to micromanage you, but at the same time they ask you to take initiative, to be then told off for doing so. They are very rude as people, barely saying hello to you, and always talking bad about their staff behind their backs to other people. They have 6 months probation period, after that they either sack you or they extend it so they can get rid of you easily if you dare to say something to them. Derogatory hygiene and bad practice in all aspects there. No proper training offered, they just leave you to it. They do not care about their customers, people's orders get late and they tell you to make up excuses. They monitor every move you make on CCTV and if you do something wrong you get a call immediately about it, that's how bad they watch you. Also the CCTV has audio recording and you are not made aware about it, and by the way it's against the law to have this on. I wouldn't be surprised if they run out of business soon the way they treat their customers and staff. Shame on you, -

Cons

Like being part of a family

Great team, motivational management structure. I still keep in touch with former colleagues, it has a special connection locally and across London .I was encouraged to think outside the box: using my creative skills to create 2D cake layouts for our cake decorators and customers. It was like being part of a family, I just felt I had to go the extra mile for for my colleagues. I developed my confidence, communication skills and sales technique during my time there.

Pros

Team bonding

Cons

Busy daily travel route to work

Great experience and time

Cakes today was a great company to work for. The owners are strong leaders and acknowledge hard work. They helped me grow and develop my skills.I'm grateful for the communication and clear training I received to help set me up for the future. It was challenging at times but this helped in building my confidence. I appreciated the leadership and learning how to manage complex projects. We always celebrated meeting our goals which was good fun!The work load was realistic and meant you had to work hard but i think this is expected of any business.I liked it.

Pros

Great communication

Cons

Occasional challenges

An excellent company

A family company which has become one of the premier Cake Companies in LondonThey have achieved and continue to surpass expectations even in the current climate and challenges before them with a steadfast commitment for excellence and customer service.The management has always been mindful of my employment needs and you know you can always be able to speak to them if there are any problems big or small always ready to help if at all possible.I can state with all sincerity that this company is second to none,If you want to work hard there is nothing to stop you achieving your goals

Pros

Enjoyable work atmosphere

Cons

Nothing to speak off

Fun workplace

Working at these place was fun.If you love to talk to customers and love cakes these is the right place.The management team is also really good. You get to learn new things at these place.Best place to work.

helpful management

i worked here for 4 years it was my first job while i was in london and very easy to pick up and learn the ropes i would probably still be working there if i was still in london

Pros

on a good run you can be out all day

Cons

central london traffic

Friendly environment

Work colleagues are very helpful, quality training and advanced resources provided. Personal views are welcomed. Understanding and supportive management. Great place to work.

Great work environment

The work place has a great environment along with helpful colleagues. The team is very supportive and ready to help always. There are plenty of opportunities given to an individual to develop them and get best at the job, alongside with that there is training provided which helps in achieving the goals.

Great place to learn new skills and be part of team / family.

Really enjoyed working here for many years, would not of left if my circumstances had not changed. Owners are friendly and approachable and care for all staff on a personal level. Team was great to work with as everyone helps each other to get the work done. If you are team player great place. Management care also and listen to you if you need any help. Loved every Friday were the owners would bring snacks for the whole company and every last Friday we would get Pizza's or even sometimes in the summer have a BBQ can't ask for more!

Pros

Last Friday of the month free lunch!

Cons

Got work at fast pace to keep up with the team

worst job i have ever had

They hire you as a cake chef but you will do logistic jobs and kitchen porter jobs,family is rude with you ,they treat you like a slave.derogatory.hygiene is not their strong side also.when you want to go to break they resent it.probation time 6 months and after that to avoid pay rise they send you away,unprofessional approach

Pros

nothing, really

Cons

rude owners, unprofessional approach to things

Unorganised, cowboys’s approach to most things.

You never get paid on time. Most of the time when you turn up for your shift nothing is ever ready for you to start work, vans & keys go missing or no fuel on vans. Shifts & Routes are not organised properly, as you are regularly sent on deliveries that are 6/7 hours late with no contact made to customers. You are sent out on deliveries with missing delivery details.

Anxiety and fear

They are the worst company to work for. They make you feel on edge the whole time you are there. Pay cash in hand and under pay you. Family not very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cakes Today. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement