Cakes Today logo
Cakes Today

Cakes Today Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Great work environment

During my time at Cakes Today, I have been able to expand my knowledge and gain new skills. The best part about working here is the people, they are fun and easy to work with and make the workday enjoyable.

Like being part of a family

Great team, motivational management structure. I still keep in touch with former colleagues, it has a special connection locally and across London .I was encouraged to think outside the box: using my creative skills to create 2D cake layouts for our cake decorators and customers. It was like being part of a family, I just felt I had to go the extra mile for for my colleagues. I developed my confidence, communication skills and sales technique during my time there.

Pros

Team bonding

Cons

Busy daily travel route to work

Great experience and time

Cakes today was a great company to work for. The owners are strong leaders and acknowledge hard work. They helped me grow and develop my skills.I'm grateful for the communication and clear training I received to help set me up for the future. It was challenging at times but this helped in building my confidence. I appreciated the leadership and learning how to manage complex projects. We always celebrated meeting our goals which was good fun!The work load was realistic and meant you had to work hard but i think this is expected of any business.I liked it.

Pros

Great communication

Cons

Occasional challenges

An excellent company

A family company which has become one of the premier Cake Companies in LondonThey have achieved and continue to surpass expectations even in the current climate and challenges before them with a steadfast commitment for excellence and customer service.The management has always been mindful of my employment needs and you know you can always be able to speak to them if there are any problems big or small always ready to help if at all possible.I can state with all sincerity that this company is second to none,If you want to work hard there is nothing to stop you achieving your goals

Pros

Enjoyable work atmosphere

Cons

Nothing to speak off

Fun workplace

Working at these place was fun.If you love to talk to customers and love cakes these is the right place.The management team is also really good. You get to learn new things at these place.Best place to work.

helpful management

i worked here for 4 years it was my first job while i was in london and very easy to pick up and learn the ropes i would probably still be working there if i was still in london

Pros

on a good run you can be out all day

Cons

central london traffic

Friendly environment

Work colleagues are very helpful, quality training and advanced resources provided. Personal views are welcomed. Understanding and supportive management. Great place to work.

Great work environment

The work place has a great environment along with helpful colleagues. The team is very supportive and ready to help always. There are plenty of opportunities given to an individual to develop them and get best at the job, alongside with that there is training provided which helps in achieving the goals.

Great place to learn new skills and be part of team / family.

Really enjoyed working here for many years, would not of left if my circumstances had not changed. Owners are friendly and approachable and care for all staff on a personal level. Team was great to work with as everyone helps each other to get the work done. If you are team player great place. Management care also and listen to you if you need any help. Loved every Friday were the owners would bring snacks for the whole company and every last Friday we would get Pizza's or even sometimes in the summer have a BBQ can't ask for more!

Pros

Last Friday of the month free lunch!

Cons

Got work at fast pace to keep up with the team

worst job i have ever had

They hire you as a cake chef but you will do logistic jobs and kitchen porter jobs,family is rude with you ,they treat you like a slave.derogatory.hygiene is not their strong side also.when you want to go to break they resent it.probation time 6 months and after that to avoid pay rise they send you away,unprofessional approach

Pros

nothing, really

Cons

rude owners, unprofessional approach to things

Jobs at Cakes Today