Calibre International

Calibre International Employee Reviews for Server

Server21 reviews
United Kingdom21 reviews

barely any shifts

Overall, I had a good experience. I enjoyed working in a large and busy environment. I learnt a few things that I wasn’t aware of, such as : working with the big team of people and working for a big company.Pros

Pros

Cons

barely shifts

Productive and fun

I learnt various skill from my time with Calibre international, skills learnt includes: communication, working in a team, working in a fast paced environment and responsibility.

Pros

Free food

Cons

N/a

Disaster

Management in the Calibre international it’s not professional at all. Once they declined my booking out of nowhere, when I went there and asked them for a reason they said that was a someone else mistake(?) I called them in the morning 2h before my shift supposed to start (emergency call supposed to be 1,5 before your shift) so as I said I did that and they complained and kick me out. They blocked me on the app, I cannot contact them. I just want to add that the main boss in the hotel liked me and was very happy with me working there. I always did my work well without any problems. I can say that I was hard worker. If yo looking for agency in the London do not go there these people will just treat you as a trust.

people make you feel useless

The hardest thing in my job was the people weren't very polite and sometimes make you feel useless which that make me stop going there. in general the job is alright

all over the place

I went to different hotels every week to serve. it was good however they give very late notice and you have to travel all around London it is not a specific hotel.

Pros

flexible

Cons

0 hour contract, late notice

Nice agency

Is very good recruiting agency. I have been working and gain a lot of experience from this job. Very good catering training and very good management. Thanks

Guaranteed Work

Lovely Team, places of work are high standard. Hours are flexible so you can always chose when to work. managers listen to your preferred possessions and places of work.

Pros

free lunches at some places

Cons

irregular and long hours

Easy part-time job

Calibre International is one of the best providers of recruitment services in catering industry in London.It gives you the opportunity to get a temporal work until you find the most suitable for you.

very bad agency

I wasn't happy with my job at Calibre International. It was vary bad organised. The people in the office are very rude. I don't recommend this agency.

A nice place to start

Calibre is a good place to start if you have just arrived in the UK and have no previous experience. However, you will be sent each day to a different place and for not many hours per day and, since they only pay the minimum wage, you will not get a lot at the end of the week.

Not a bad place to work

It is not such a bad place to work, they always pay in time, they offer minimal living wage, but unfortunately most of the time you will not be able to get enough hours unless you get with people working in agency very well and are ready to agree with everything, even if they are not always right. Venues are great, management in them most of the time is as well, but agency itself has some managerial and planning issues, because lots of times you might be sent home, because you were put on "Stand by" list, even without them informing you and you might not be needed on the event, even if you had to travel quite a long time there.

Pros

Minimal living wage, nice venues, payment on time

Cons

Management and planning issues

Gaining Experience

Waitering job at high standards. a great place to gain experience in waitering and catering staff and also in house keeping. Developing the customers skills as you working.

good job

i learn a catering smile always customer first good co-workers we are available to the hotel the hard part is picking the chairs and drinks. the good part, a good team

Pros

good team

Cons

unstable

workin with a young and energetic team

Workin with a young and energetic team and fun with good and supportive management and development in the work Also,if you good at your job and customers are happy than you have a bonuses

workink places

I worked in some restaurants and hotels, and this places are like the hunans: better or less. maybe that is the reason whi i want to change the hospitality jobs for another else.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

minimal wages

fun work place

To follow and complete any instructions given to you by your Head Waiter or any senior member of staff.Help to ensure the smooth running of all guests’ requirements and Standards of Service are maintained at all times.Set out tables ready for next guests, clear away any used crockery, cutlery ect.

Pros

free lunches

Productive and fun workplace

Typical day at work - I start working for breakfast - serving coffees, tea,whatever the customer needs, cleaning tables, set -up,preparing the restaurant for lunch. afternoon shift is banquenting or restaurant. serving food, cleaning tables, set up for nex day.

Productive and fum working place

Serving food and drinks to clients, Setting up and resettin tables in manner according to the certain occasion. In charge of the health and safety of working area. Arranging the buffets with all suuplies needed for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

part time job

productive and work experience

My daily duties at the restaurant were taking orders from custumers for food or beverages, sometimes even preparing and serve specialty dishes at tables as required. Checking with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals, informing them of daily specials, explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods, recommending wines to customers and escort customers to their tables were my priorities. I've learned that no matter how small , big or busy the place is, the only one who can create a good vibe and a friendly enviroment is you and as long as you're on the same page with your colleagues you definetely are a A-team.

productive

i worked in a lot of places, mostly 5 stars hotels i learned a lot of things about hospitality nice co-workers

Cons

Busy and hard working plase

Work in that company was really hard working. Busy days at work helped me to be more organized and flexible.The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with a lot of people and to meet new ones every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calibre International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9