Calon Lan Community Care logo
Calon Lan Community Care

Calon Lan Community Care Employee Reviews

Love working for this company

Been with the company for a few months and absolutely LOVE IT!!!I would recommend this company to anybody.The office team are absolutely fantastic and always there when I need them.PPE is never a problem can always get it easy.The rate of pay is good , higher than most care company’s.

20 July 2021
Thank you very much for the high praise, it means so much to us during these difficult times :)

Care worker Prestatyn present

I came to Calon Lan from a totally different career but have enjoyed working with them. Office are great and the team I work with are friendly and helpful. Ongoing training is good. Highly recommended

Pros

Good teamwork

Cons

Best community care company out there

The best community care company I have worked for, have a fantastic hardworking team in the Llandudno office, who go above and beyond to make sure staff are happy in their job roles and also the service users are being looked after. Their rota system is fair and they have a really good company structure everyone very supportive and easily approachable if there is a problem. Very happy working here with my team.

Pros

Good support network, great superiors

Supportive

Not too bad of a company to work for, the client care managers in the office are very helpful to everything you need. Especially catrin who always has the answers to all your questions, always supporting you with any big or small problem, and always making sure you’re ok. Brilliant client care manager.

Amazing company

I’ve worked for Calon Lan for a year and a half now and I absolutely love it, it was a massive change from my previous job but I’ve never looked back! The service users make your day and the management are really supportive, always there for help and advice, I’d 100% recommended this company!

Excellent

When looking around to get into a Care career, they wanted a specific skill set, past experience or diploma. Calon Lan are the only company local to me where they offer full support to gain your NVQ's whilst being on the job. Office staff are always there to answer any questions you might have, in all, amazing! Would fully recommend starting with Calon Lan of interest in care.

Best Job I’ve Had!

I love my job at Calon Lan (Wrexham) staff are lovely and so are the service users. I’ve never had any issues with anyone involved with Calon Lan. Lovely management and On call who are always open to listen to any concerns and help you out! Good work life balance make sure that staff have enough shifts a week while working around young children and families. We are like one big family at Calon Lan definitely the best job I’ve had and I intend to stay here for as long as I can!

Great company

I have worked for Calon Lan now for over a year and I can honestly say it’s the best job Iv had so far. You get the right training / shadow shifts, I have always had the support there if I need it, the teams are great and also supportive. What I like is there is chance to develop and learn each day as every day is different. I would recommend the care company to anyone, you are always valued and appreciated and rewarded for your good work

Care worker present

Calon lan is a great company, very flexible with hours especially for myself being a lone parent. Good support any time of the day or evening off management. Manager katie is very approachable I love my job especially the clients.

The job

Management, colleagues and service users are amazing. I couldn’t fault this job, hours are good, management sort everything out, can always rely on mangers and colleagues if you’re stuck or have any questions. Love working here, friendly and welcoming all round.

Jobs at Calon Lan Community Care

See more jobs

Amazing!

Couldn’t ask for a better company! Management are spot on always on hand to help or for chat! Great bunch of girls! Service users are all lovely! Haven’t got a bad word to say about this company! They really are all amazing! M

Pros

Cons

Isn’t any

Poor experience

Where do I start, I was told the training was good,? The weekly assignment on the app started off well, by the time I left it was really poor, other staff I had contact with spent time telling me what staff couldn't wait to leave. They mess your shifts around, I didn't feel appreciated. management under losts of pressure from the people who own calon, The clients were the best thing about it.

Give it a go

I was so looking forward to starting went out with the team leader .unfortunately not very helpful as she was supposed to show me how to log every thing up to my phone so I could send information to office but she was more interested in going on face book .I started to get disappointed as I was due to do calls on my own the next t

You will be promised the world. But will never get it.

Management has no clue. And I mean no clue . Good luck if you take the a job here. Having to purchase your own ppe. Company does not care about its caters

Pros

Good group of clients

Not good

Staff turn over very high. They have staff with little experience / non qualified as shift leaders. The young people have no rules or boundary in place. They serve notice on people all the time for no real reason other than the company are failing to provide proper training or shadow shifts like they say they will. No chance of getting higher rate of pay.

13 April 2020
This review is nonsense from start to finish. Staff turnover isn't high, we have a majority who have been with us for 12 months or more such as Linda M who works in Llandudno and has been with us now for almost 6 years. We don't serve notice on anyone unless they're unable to improve their own performance, it isn't efficient or effective to continuously recruit. All staff contracts have 5 grades so the longer you're with us and the higher the qualification you hold the more you get paid. I have my doubts that you even worked with us and suspect you're just a competitor trying to prevent people from making the right choice. SAF

Avoid at all cost.

The posters with vision and values are the last thing these people stand by. The staff talk badly about the couple who own the company, offices are dirty, moral is low. Managers are all under pressure. Some of the care workers are really nice. One word AVOID.

23 March 2020
Thank you for your review which has clearly been written by someone who didn't understand what it meant to work in a Values led Organisation. I'm sorry you didnt fit in but I'm sure you will do well in another industry where you won't be able to affect the vulnerable people we care for. Word of warning to potential employers of this individual, AVOID.

I love my job - how many can say that

I love my job with Calon Lan Community Care, the teams are so helpful, they are all keen to help and support you, the training is a great start, the on board work then teaches you further, and finally your Team Leaders, and Managers support you throughout your time with them. There is plenty of opportunity to develop and learn. I look forward to getting up and coming into work. I cant recommend them enough, they seem the best in the Care Industry - its no wonder they have received the awards they have, A very forward thinking company.

Nice people all round

Very good carers work here they make a great team. Wages are among the best for a care company. Mileage is is very good. Managers are careing and helpfull

Pros

Everything is awesome

Cons

Not enough to mention

No Support

The interview is easy, training is a bit long and it seems very extensive, but once you start working you realise they don't train you enough. Get as many shadow shifts as possible! The staff outside the office are all friendly and helpful. I got no support from anyone when I was on my own, they will change your visits last minute and you'll either be rushing to the next one or sitting in your car twiddling your thumbs waiting (you don't get paid for waiting) You get paid for the time you clock in each house, not the time in between. The worst part is the fact you get no support from the office, after 5pm they've all gone home! No one tells you who's on call for the night, I was constantly texting and ringing the other staff to find out who is on call for support. Sometimes it's impossible, a service user runs out of milk so you plan to pick some up before you go, but you have 6 mins to get from up Deganwy to the opposite end of Llandudno, there's no time! Its a rewarding job but I don't think it's worth it, rubbish pay and the office staff think they're much better than anyone else and don't bother to help when you ask for it! After the initial interview the staff are so unwelcoming and unfriendly. Go for a different company!

Pros

Rewarding job

Cons

unrealistic schedule, no support, last minute changes

4 February 2020
So the training is a bit long but we don't train you enough?! Interesting.All Care Workers receive three (3) shadow shifts as per our Induction policy.Your comments about the Management and Support staff which include Bekkie, Michael, Carly and Sarah are unfair and not a true reflection of how hard they work and how supportive they are. It takes 6 minutes to get from Deganwy to Llandudno which is approximately 2.5 miles at an average speed of 30mph (5 mins). Thank you for everything you did for the people who use our services whilst you were with us and I'm sorry that Home Care isn't for you.

Friendly staff

Was a pleasure too work with them , enjoyed it , liked how I was trusted on my own , enjoyed going too see the care users and making there day , happy Carer makes their day that little bit better.

Just brilliant

I have only worked at Calon now for around nearly 3 months and I can honestly say they have been the best 3 months!! Management are very supportive and always on the other end of the phone when you need them. No stress just simply loving an enjoying my job. Special thank you to katie an Jemma nothing is ever too much trouble and truly are the best managers!

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calon Lan Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement