Cambian Group

Cambian Group Employee Reviews

End of horrible place to work . Management dont care you get called in when you have done 2 days straight with no sleep. Your health will suffer. Physical abuse on most shifts. Not the children's fault just poor practice and bad management.
Pros
Non
Cons
Well I never actually worked for these but I had a interview and they didn't even have the courtesy or manners to let me know. The interview was pretty relaxed but just thought it was extremely unprofessional and rude not to get in touch.
I have been with Cambian for nearly 1 year, The management are supportive and encouraging for both employees and children to achieve their personal best. Cambian can offer job stability, competitive salary / benefits, free training and plenty of opportunity to progress your career whilst obtaining promotions if you do well and apply yourself. You really do feel as though your making a difference and supported in your role to make an impact whilst your efforts are noticed and rewarded. Although I do not work in the front line I am proud of my colleagues and enjoy hearing of the amazing achievements and positive outcomes that they deliver for our children. Their passion to do the right thing whilst facing challenging situations is inspiring, The teams across the country do an amazing job especially during covid to keep each other and our children safe whilst offering a nurturing environment for all to flourish. If your looking a job in children's residential care then choose Cambian!
Pros
Training, job security, good colleagues, supportive management
Cons
sometimes long hours
I have worked within the Services for 6 years and I have been lucky enough to have access regular training and personal development. The team I currently work in are all excellent and very supportive, particularly during the Covid 19 outbreak. We have been lucky and worked hard to keep each other and our young people safe. The management team have always been supportive in my experience, as is the teams we walk in.
Pros
Meals included.
Working in this sector is a challenge and not for everyone, but Cambian provide a high level of training from day 1. Staff are quickly offered extra qualifications and lots of potential to build a career in a leadership role.+ Lots of incredibly fun days with theme nights/visiting attractions/meals out etc. Meaningful relationships with residents, families, key professionalsFamily atmosphere, variation and autonomy for staffNot 'just a job' and requires real commitment -Demanding physically, restraint is emotionally challenging, potential for injury Long hours and consistency required. Weekend and holiday working is flexible but unavoidable (xmas/NY/bank holidays)Not 'just a job' and requires real commitment
Pros
All meals and activities free to staff, Potentially lucrative shareshave scheme, Healthcare reclaim scheme, Recognised qualifications, Internal vacancies usually filled by existing staff, Lots of responsibility
Cons
Physically and emotionally demanding, Payroll systems can be confusing when rectifying errors, Lots of responsibility
Working with a team of people that are very supportive and understanding looking after everyone and their needs. The young people have great thing to do even in this unpredictable time during Covid 19. Every day is different and the best thing is making a difference for the people that we are supporting. I have been with the company a long time now and I find that the people with issues about management staff are those that are not pulling there weight or don't really care for the young people and because this has been addressed with them they "spit the dummy" Every young person has a goal and we are here to help them reach that goal. I am very happy here and see myself been here for a long time.
Pros
All meals are provided while at work. Pension and health plan
Cons
I’ve worked for this company now for over 5 years and out of all my careers I’ve been in I have found this company the most supportive and with my career progress they have supported me with things I didn’t realise i could ever achieve. This is admittedly one of the most demanding jobs I have been in due to working with the most vulnerable children in our society but the company and the team I work in are very supportive and will go above and beyond to make sure we do our roles to the best of my ability.
Pros
Good pay rate, rewarding role
Cons
Long hours, some weekend work
I've worked at the company now for 18 months in the South West CSE homes. I began as a care worker and am now a Team Leader, both of which are varied roles and encompass both paperwork and caring for the children. the days are often long (15 or 16 hours) but the shift patterns means you work 2 days then have 4 days off. There is a lot of training, support and development opportunities. It is hard at times, emotionally and physically, but that is the nature of care work and is completely outweighed by the positive feelings when you see the children thriving with your support.
Pros
Career progression, emotionally rewarding
Cons
I have worked for the company a while and worked my way up to deputy manager Teams here work well together to support each other and get the best outcomes for our young people. The job can be emotionally demanding and isn't for everyone, You need to have the ability to see past any negative behaviour to the causes of it and the vulnerable child underneath. There is a comprehensive training programme and no two shifts are the same. I wouldn't work for anyone else.
Pros
Great training and teamwork.
Cons
The job itself is brilliant, working with the young people within the home is very rewarding but management are really cliquey and delegate jobs based on who they like. The company is known for unfairly dismissing people and have lost numerous court cases for this but this is due to the cliquey culture. If you don’t fit within the clique then you’re outcasted and made to leave or dismissed unfairly. It seems that safeguarding is relaxed within the company as there are members of staff who still work for the company despite making inappropriate advances on the young people within the CSE homes. Glad to have seen the back of this awful company.
Pros
Working with the young people
Cons
Lack of care for safety of young people
I worked there for over a year and the young periods are awesome. But the staff are nasty. There’s a group of “untouchables” who bully the younger members of staff, things that you report about the way you’re being treated aren’t taken seriously, concerns you raise are instantly forgetting about. It was a very toxic environment and it made me very unhealthy with my mental health and suicidal. When I told them I was struggling with my mental health and needed time off work, I was told to “maybe start looking for something else”. Just ridiculous.
Pros
Free meals, young people are awesome, easy job
Cons
Nasty staff, unsupportive and unapproachable managers
Not supported by management when you really need it. Long hours, 16 hour days that rarely are 16hrs, not paid for all the extra hours you put in past 11pm. Dedication and commitment not recognised. As CB long as shifts are covered, staff to young people ratio that is all that matters. Starts off great then sadly you just become a number. Lots of similar jobs out there, choose a different company !!
Pros
Nice to be able to try and make a difference to children’s life’s
Cons
Long hours, never finish at 11pm don’t get paid for all the extra hours.
I worked in this company for only two weeks as its not a good plce to I did not get payed for the hour's I did and long hours dusty and rats in work place
Pros
You get a break
Cons
Don't pay wages
Managers have no idea what they’re doing, this doesn’t help by constant arguments between senior staff and multiple staff changes. Students are not put first and have to repeatedly ask for basics for them!! Wouldn’t recommend to anyone!
Cons
I worked as a Residential Worker for Cambian for over several years and made some excellent relationships with the young people, however the staff and management were a different story. Staff were left with the young people by themselves, sometimes overnight even though risk assessments clearly stated that there should be two members of staff present at all times, leaving members of staff and young people extremely vulnerable. Management were aware of this issue but refused to act upon this accordingly. Management were compromised and conditioned by the young people and often would not challenge behaviour in order to have an easy shift. The ranking structure is corrupt as the only way to gain promotion to a team leader is to be in a click with management.
Being a teaching assistant at the school is fun, rewarding and no day is ever the same. As a teaching assistant, you work in a class with the same young people and staff each day. You start to build a brilliant relationship with staff, who you can have fun with and who you can trust! I have made life long friends working with them!The young people are amazing as well, the relationship you get to build with them is lovely! They bring so much joy to your life! Watching them grow and develop is just wonderful and that’s all because of the support you have given them! It’s is an amazing job!! On a daily basis, as a teaching assistant, you help support the teacher by making classroom resources, supporting the young people on a 1:1 ratio, support them to learn, also support them in fun activities such as horse riding, swimming, community access to cafes, shops, parks etc... and trampolining. You also have to evaluate young people’s work before filing it away and support the teacher with home reports, recording student achievements, doing classroom displays and day to day organisations and tidiness of the classroom. As there are plenty of experience teaching assistants and teachers at the school, you are fully supported and shown what to do. Yes you will have to deal with challenging behaviour as part of your job, but you are fully trained before starting and you are very supported by staff and also the fun and laughter you have everyday is incredible and out weigh all the hard time, It’s a job where you if you work hard, and put in effort, you get a lot in return.
Pros
Free lunches, school holidays, work 8:30 till 4:15, onsite training, potential for overtime to earn extra money, free uniform.
Cons
Sometimes the lunches aren’t great, it feels like you don’t have enough hours in the day to complete all your tasks on your work load.
Great place to work with brilliant students, but they don’t seem to retain staff. Pay is really bad compared to the work load and false promises are given in terms of job progression.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Not good pay for workload
Depending on what house you're in management is not supportive. The blame culture is unreal, mental health ended up deteriorating BADLY and they make you feel like its your fault that you're off sick.Its all about the money, the training is good but if you want to progress you either need to be friends with someone in mangement or it won't happen.
Pros
Some of the training
Cons
I started during the current pandemic and despite everything that's happening with the world I was made to feel welcome and valued. The role is really rewarding but also challenging in a positive way and you are always made to feel appreciated.I would recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Brilliant Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Very supportive and positive company. I work with an amazing team and thoroughly enjoy my role. I started during the current pandemic and was welcomed into the team and offered constant support and encouragement.
I have worked for the Cambian service for four years and have been very fortunate to progression, I love the workplace culture within my role of what we do day to day! Staff and work collages are always very approachable and welcomingWe work fast paced to find candidates who have a natural caring nature to work with our children, my role is very rewarding day to day and I embrace the service and company that I am apart of day to day!
Pros
Simply Health
  1. Employee reviews