Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire County Council Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom76 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Ambiente de trabajo para aprender

- High turnover rate of people - Opportunity to change of tema and learn.

Pros

weekend free

Cons

no overtime

Not good

Awful company. I would not recommend working for the Reablement team. The pay is not good for the work that is expected. Managers are not easy to communicate with. Communication is not good.

Good and bad.

Plenty of work, mostly relaxed environment. Good benefits. Nature of the role means you work alone often, other days office is full. Good learning/training. Work load creeps up, but help is there if u ask. Staff nice, but do take advantage when you first start. You have to be assertive and strong.

Professional environment

Pay grades are sometimes too low for the extra workload required at times. Career and Personal advance to is not invested unless at management level and above.

squeezed and stretched due to shrinking budgets and poor management

Lots of instability, uncertainty and anxious feelings, only exasperated by repetitive restructures, serving only cost cutting purpose and overzealous managers, eager to exercise their powers of control.

Pros

pension and holidays entitlement

Cons

stress, uncertainty and shrinking benefits

Challenging and Rewarding at the same time

I enjoy my direct work with families and feel that when given the time I am able to support positive outcomes with them. However, case loads are high and the ability to significantly improve outcomes for clients is time limited. Timescales for data recording are very short. I am supported to enhance my learning by attending training for Managers but positions at this level and progression within the service is very limited. There has been recent restructure to the services provided by the Local Authority which has caused the workplace culture to go through a period of change.

Pros

Flexi work patterns, good employee benefits

Cons

Challenging case loads

Usual county council benefits but some very poor management

The salary, benefits and holidays are acceptable but as with many organisation the job satisfaction depends on the quality of the council decision makers and individual manager This was very poor in many cases. Highly paid senior managers had cut salaries and staff numbers resulting in huge backlogs and constant complaints from service users. They then tried to reverse that decision but it was too late. They didn't seem to be accountable for their mistakes. Very high turnover of staff due to these poor decisions by highly paid senior management putting huge pressure on more juniopr team leaders and staff

Pros

Flexible holiday

Cons

Some very poor senior management with little concern for staff

Good Local Goverment Office

Nice environment. Care about employees and training opportunities. Hard work but good sense of achievement. Modern offices. good transport links. employment benefits and pension

Pros

well paid

Working for Reablement

The Reablement team are the most dedicated and passionate individuals that I have ever worked alongside, if you are looking for a career in empowering adults in your local community within their homes, then apply to a support worker today. Flexible hours and days, excellent benefits, enhanced pay rates at weekends, supervision and free training.

Relaxed and friendly workplace

A typical day involves an early start, arriving at the office at 7am to begin planning my day. Management is relaxed which can be both good and bad. Co workers are friendly and relaxed atmosphere in office. Hardest part of job is pressure of work and being a one person team and not receiving any support from colleagues. I enjoy the relaxed environment and believe people respond well to this type of environment.

Pros

pension scheme

Cons

long hours, lack of support, poor salary progression

A investors in people company

A good Professional company giving opportunities to everyone

Pros

Free lunch for KS1

Cons

Not free lunch for KS2

Good training

I have worked for Cambs CC for four years. I have had loads of training and enjoy my work

Pros

Training, mileage paid

Cons

Expected to say yes to everything...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridgeshire County Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Cambridgeshire County Council with