Camden Group
Happiness score is 34 out of 100

Camden Group Reviews: Working at Camden Group

United Kingdom28 reviews

Fun workplace

Amazing company to work for, great teamwork, management always there to help. Bonuses are great when targets are met, routes can be hard sometimes but you have always got someone that can come and help.

Okay for temporary job

Poor communication. High staff overturn. No training. No rewards/benefits scheme. Poor management. Qualified skills and previous experience not appreciated. Yes men run the place, intelligent staff don't last (dismissed or leave). Numbers numbers numbers are all that matters.

Pros

Mon to Fri.

Insights into Camden Group

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment

Very stressful. Unfriendly working atmosphere. No Canteen. Poor training. Managers unhelpful

Very little staff training.No support from other staff.Poor workplace culture.New starts are shunned, and reported to mangers if they join in a conversation.Not welcoming in the offices.Bully culture seems to be common even from some managers.IT support very poor, system crashed often and work lost.Not enough toilets, and what they have are filthy. Rarely cleaned.

Pros

It just about pays bills. free car parking

Cons

Very poor management, bad working atmosphere, high staff turnover, not good for mental health

Typical factory environment

Typical Factory environment - fast pased and management have no time for you if you a little slow to get use to the role you have been given.Its an 8 hour shift but you will be bullied into staying late or threatened with your bonus.

Poor management

Management jobs created through favouritism not to the people who actually deserve it. No promotion no payrise. The office staff are lovely. High turnaround of staff with no sense of loyalty to long standing staff.

Pros

The people who work there are friendly

Cons

No promotion only given to “favourites”

Appalling

Total lack of responsibility and respect for employees. Select few are the favourites keeping the company down. Unwilling to accept positive criticism. Most employees with any dignity or respect will not last long.

Pros

Long lunch break

Cons

Lots

Biggest dump ever

Most disorganised workplace on earth. Management are bullies and clueless. The place is run by loyalist secterians who bully employees and control the employers. Morale and productivity in the place is of the poorest standard I've ever witnessed. Best thing i ever done was get out of there and haven't looked back

Pros

Hometime

Cons

Everything. The place is a con

Shambles

Never have i worked for a place like this. Start with management.. Not a clue what goes on around the factory floor, all managers have their favourites who get off with not hitting targets etc while the restof us get slaughtered. Expect you to stay late everyday necause there understaffed and cant get the work out on time. And as for trying to use your holidays? Youve a better chance of askinb your manager for a kidney. Whole company is poorly run

Cons

Too many to list

Praca w zespole

Wykonujesz tą samą prace caly czas Twoja praca musi byc skonczona

Pros

Parking

Cons

Brak miejsca dla palących

Well established company

I had the pleasure with working with this group for a few years, and i enjoyed it to be honest. you will hear from enough people/workers past and present that they hated it and would never work for them again, but to be honest like in any employment if you put the head down and dont cause any problems or mess them about it is a good company. Trust me you work solid for your weeks pay. You can move up the ladder quite quickly if you show iniative and drive. i ended up being a Quality Control Supervisor. The only reason i left was because the factory ended up trying to be 24hr workforce and it was starting to take its control over my family life.

Experiance

My job role in Camden was production operative based Camden was the first warehouse based job when I turned 18 having targets to meet I really enjoyed my job at Camden and would go back if I lived in the antrim area again

Unorganized stressful

Everyday is a challenge blame is always passed on to someone else HR is corrupt and never take blame for there actions pay is always sort and people come go that much it's impossible to have one job dust is a health hazard

Absolute Joke

Honestly if i could’ve given lower than 1 star i would have, its the worst run company i’ve ever worked for! The Management are in denial and about how things are, you are practically forced to do overtime for Flexi time which means you don’t get paid and you’ll never get to use those Flexi hours you’ve built up, The washroom and toilet facilities are disgusting and rarely have hand soap and i’ve seen it go a couple ofweeks without being cleaned!

Terrible

Don’t go to that place, i won’t recommend to anyone, pay is poor, no respect to employees, no paid breaks, management treats everyone like their puppets

productive

I worked 8 hours a day. I had two breaks. one 15 minute one and one 50 minute one. didn't learn anything. management was friendly. culture was fine. hardest part was lifting windows. most enjoyable was talking to other people

Institutional anti anglo racism

AVOID! Institutional anti anglo racism, with a culture where English staff are treated with complete contempt and lack of respect. Not one good word I can say about this company!

Work/Life balance great

Leading a team is rewarding. Reaching targets is a must and can be difficult under certain circumstances. Good hours and weekends off. Canteen is great for Lunch and reasonably priced.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

Management can sometimes be lacking

not fun work place

heavy work,work above the norm,work that does not give development opportunities,work under a lot of pressure from superiors,long hours of work, continuous staying after hours, even 12 hours a day

Cons

long hours of work, no paid breaks

Productive and fun place

Was hard work but overtime wasnt paid legal.was paid like a normal hour.i had no contract for couple years. I tried my best, but all saturdays they asked to go for work but we were palid like normal hours.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Target

Lovely Place to work

I have been with camden for 3years now and i really enjoy my job. my daily duties include working face to face with customer and also taking telphone calls and helping with orders etc.

Fast paced workplace

Job duties- Seeing what loads were scheduled for the day ahead and planning appropriately. I had to scan all glass items to ensure all glass that had been delivered had been stored in the correct section, once the check was complete I had to inform the nearest forklift driver that I was ready to start and then he would get me a couple of A frames (Pallets for glass to be delivered). Once the driver had brought me my A frame​/s I would then start to put the glass into order from biggest to smallest. Any glass that was over 2.5 meters was sent on a separate A frame. After all glass was loaded on I had to place Dib Dabs (Safety Stickers) on each pane of glass 3 on the top 3 on the bottom ensuring no glass was touching glass. Once the saftery checks were done I then had to wrap the A frame up and inform the driver its was ready for transportation. The hardest part of my job was loading 300/400 panes of glass weighing from 10kg to 90kg some panes were around 2.5 meters. I enjoyed that I was constantly kept busy and loved the frys that were made inside the kitchen.

Pros

5 minute walk

Cons

Waiting for deliverys, mostly late!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camden Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Camden Group with

• Camden Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?