Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust

Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

NHS typically has defined roles within set parameters. Deadlines are well known in advance. Management is competent if overloaded. Enthusiasm for innovation is not missing, but resources for extra projects are tight.
Had a bad experience, very poor the interview hadn't been trying to explain very well to client. The interview is not very much friendly with people
I enjoyed my time. Staff are welcoming, management is supportive. I was able to learn and request further training as required, I was supported in advancing in my career.
I have worked with the above employer for 38 years and have been, well trained and educated as regards to my speciality in my Nursing field, I have no regrets at all, it has been a long and well loved job satisfaction. I recommend this Foundation, for learning, in your Nursing education and varied experiences..
Pros
Great enviroment and Helpful Senior staff Members
Great place to work in. Friendly and collaborative team. Helpful managers. Learnt so much about NHS, how it operates and its challenges and guidelines.
Busy environment, you learn a lot in a short space amount of time. Management trust you to carry out the work needed without much instructions as the objectives are clear from the get go
Pros
Freedom to learn new things on the job
Cons
Short break
Typical day end to end recruitment process.Management were hands on and a great team to work with. Hardest part of the job was the time frames but the most enjoyable part was seeing an applicant you had dealt with actually start employment
Pros
To many to list
Cons
Travel
I learnt how to work with comorbidity service users with complex need. The side effects of medication; such as Methadone and Buprenorphine treatment. How holistic approach used in a clinical setting by clinicians. Alongside therapeutically relationships during sessions. The risk involved in working with service users with complex need and substance abuse. The stigma and discrimination associated with mental health disorders and substance abuse. Above all, the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Pros
Free Cold Water
Cons
Long Hours Using Computer
A typical day at work is when the ward round and discharging of service users on ward, which a learnt that it was very difficult for some of the service users to go through panel or tribunal, staff managed this situation by having 1:1 with service users and then prepared all the nursing report before hand. I enjoyed working with my co-worker because some of them were very fun and encouraging. Everyday I enjoy my job but sometimes I found it difficult when those people does not know nothing about our job talking what it is not relevant.
Pros
braek time
Cons
long day and night
good work place, friendly people, bust environment to work in, have made alot of friends and hope to keep in contact with them if i leave